What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Love the idea, ADs will hate it. Too many unknowns, such as where games would be played, whether it could be a strong opponent or a weak one, getting stuck without a game and only playing 11, and on and on....

It will not happen, but the bigger thing that can/should happen is for ADs to get on board with the idea that a conference schedule does not need to remain static over the course of a season.

I would absolutely love that.

A Pac-12/Big Ten challenge would be lit.
Having one OOC week every year where they match up the Pac 12/BIG would be awesome. Do it based on conference finish from the previous season and the 2 BIG teams who don't have a Pac 12 matchup just play each other for an extra conference game or something.

I don't know what the Knight Commission is, but yes, this is needed and will eventually happen.
Who will be CFB Czar?

would Saban want to do this to close out his legacy and impact on CFB? He’s thought about many of the issues facing the sport.

Who will be CFB Czar?

would Saban want to do this to close out his legacy and impact on CFB? He’s thought about many of the issues facing the sport.
I’d imagine all the conference commissioners across FBS would vet a list of candidates and choose one.

NFL Analogy, which would likely be modeled after...

Commissioners = NFL Owners
CFB Czar = Rodger G

Eh, 2/3 games it's been a reshuffled OL on the Interior with someone who's never played Center and a second string Guard. I wouldn't look into these rankings any further than that at this point.
Which is exactly my point. Recruiting has been poor to slightly average for the most part on the oline so you are going to have up and down play, especially when injuries hit.

Sure we've seen it happen this season but this season is also unlike any other with teams having to try to find an opponent with only a few days' notice on quite a few occasions. And this would be far more difficult when fans are able to attend because they need to make travel plans and arrangements, and games scheduled on short notice would undoubtedly hurt attendance. It's far easier to schedule on the fly or move games around when AD's don't have to worry about selling tickets.

I get the frustration seeing games scheduled 10+ years in advance but the reason that happens is because some teams' schedules are already full for the next 5-10 years.

Back