What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Arch Manning is ahead of where Uncle Peyton was as a HS Frosh....will be interesting to see where he plays his college ball.

That's going to put some pressure on whoever is coaching Ole Miss in a few years.

Yikes.

Aside from the really bad take, he seems to ignore that Texas has played some really bad QBs this decade who happened to be black. Their two best QBs in this century (by far) are Vince Young and Colt McCoy. They have also missed on RG3, Andrew Luck, and JT Barett. Race is not the issue.

Yikes.

Aside from the really bad take, he seems to ignore that Texas has played some really bad QBs this decade who happened to be black. Their two best QBs in this century (by far) are Vince Young and Colt McCoy. They have also missed on RG3, Andrew Luck, and JT Barett. Race is not the issue.
It's funny how he fails to mention Clemson, Washington, Oregon, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Penn State, etc.

Considering they lost to LSU’s and TCU’s white QBs and gave up 48 points to terrible KU’s white QB and 31 to terrible WVU’s white QB, maybe their defense needs to learn how to stop white QBs. You’d think they would be good at that considering they practice against one. Or maybe race isn’t the issue. I dunno, 50/50 either way.

Michael Divinity Jr is leaving LSU for personal reasons, he leads them in sacks or so I heard. What the personal reasons are, who knows? Sucks with the game this weekend, also said he might return. For some reason, I think LSU has guys that can fill in for him. :D

He must think he just needs another year of development at QB for the NFL.

There’s little chance that King will return to Houston, as he’s expected to enter the transfer portal in the postseason and garner interest from top programs like LSU, Georgia and Florida State. (Former Houston OC Kendal Briles is the offensive coordinator at FSU, and wherever Briles is coaching next year would loom as a potential landing spot for King.) Don’t discount LSU, which will need to replace Heisman favorite Joe Burrow.

Good spin by Houston to tamp down, at least for a while, the news that King was GTFO.

The kid playing since King took himself out, has been playing really well. I can't see both of them sticking around

Another data point suggesting the top tier recruiting schools are going to hate the liberalization of transfer rules. Like the 85 person scholarship limit, this will create more balance for the most part.
How so? I’m viewing this in the exact opposite light.

Auburn to Oregon State and Alabama to Colorado are two data points that disagree with you.
Alfano appears to be an outlier and until we get some color behind his transfer, I’ll reserve judgement.
But if Charles Moore was going to star at Auburn, do you think he would be committing to the Beavs?

What I’m seeing is kids who thought they’d make a bigger impact than they arerealizing that there’s more PT and opportunity at a school with less competition. This helps schools like Auburn and Alabama open up a roster spot for another 4* or 5*.
To compound this issue, players blowing up at smaller schools are seeing an opportunity to move up a rung and transfer to bigger schools. An example would be the QB at Houston. Who’ll likely play for a USC or LSU next year.
In short, as the portal process evolves, I see second tier schools getting the powerhouse washouts, while other kids will force their way out of smaller schools if opportunity knocks at a prime time program. A trade off that overwhelmingly benefits one side.

Back