What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

The ACC is pretty spread out spanning the entire East coast from Miami to Boston and west to Louisville
Louisville is out there for sure but they are called the Atlantic coast conference lol it makes sense. And so many of those schools are super close to one another.

Louisville is out there for sure but they are called the Atlantic coast conference lol it makes sense. And so many of those schools are super close to one another.

But as you said things aren't as spread out compared to out West yet the ACC is very spread out now, especially if you consider they only spanned from DC to Atlanta up until FSU joined in 1991 and even that didn't extend them that much further south to Tallahassee.

Bottom line is the ACC is about as spread out as the Pac12 is now. Sure you've got 8 schools relatively close between the state of VA and Atlanta but the conference still spans from Miami up to Boston and west to Louisville. And throw in ND too for non-football sports and 5 football games per year.

But as you said things aren't as spread out compared to out West yet the ACC is very spread out now, especially if you consider they only spanned from DC to Atlanta up until FSU joined in 1991 and even that didn't extend them that much further south to Tallahassee.

Bottom line is the ACC is about as spread out as the Pac12 is now. Sure you've got 8 schools relatively close between the state of VA and Atlanta but the conference still spans from Miami up to Boston and west to Louisville. And throw in ND too for non-football sports and 5 football games per year.
Yeah for sure. Probably a little more lol. I feel like 8 out of the 12 schools are super close in the pac it I have also been here for most of my life so those flights seem like nothing to me

Big Sky already postponed football to spring (see another thread for that tweet I posted).

It also looks like FCS is moving to spring football.

Last edited:
Umm, not good.

Players practiced with risk of COVID-19 exposure Players and athletic staff said they believed the pause should have happened a week earlier but that coach Steve Addazio was adamant to get practices in. CSU denied a request to interview Addazio. Players said trainers stress adhering to safety guidelines during training but compliance is difficult. They said they are suppose to wear face coverings during conditioning and practice drills but the masks make it hard to breathe so many players take them down. The players and staff said that makes spread of the disease inevitable. "We had a player who definitely had coronavirus symptoms coughing at practice and he wasn’t wearing a mask and I was next to him, touching him and there was spit and sweat,'' a player said. "I told him he needed to get tested but he really didn’t want to because then he would be out. The next day he is not at practice. (If he tested positive) he already had spread the virus. That’s why a lot of players don’t feel safe at football practice.''

Health experts worry coronavirus could cause lasting heart complications for athletes
By Adam Kilgore

Important context:
"Infectious-disease and cardiovascular experts do not have enough data to make conclusions about how covid-19 might affect an athlete’s heart, and even recent studies of other populations require further validation."

Interesting article though and I hope protocol is that any athletes who have recovered from the virus get an EKG prior to participating in strenuous workouts again. I don't know much about EKGs, but if that's practical, then better to be cautious. If not that, then at least checking for symptoms. Myocarditis doesn't seem to be permanent so what we're talking about is sitting the athletes out for a few months if they have it.

Important context:
"Infectious-disease and cardiovascular experts do not have enough data to make conclusions about how covid-19 might affect an athlete’s heart, and even recent studies of other populations require further validation."

Interesting article though and I hope protocol is that any athletes who have recovered from the virus get an EKG prior to participating in strenuous workouts again. I don't know much about EKGs, but if that's practical, then better to be cautious. If not that, then at least checking for symptoms. Myocarditis doesn't seem to be permanent so what we're talking about is sitting the athletes out for a few months if they have it.
EKG is a completely non-invasive test. Tape some sensors to your chest and see what the computer says.

With athletes they would probably want to do some stress testing involving a treadmill but the test is easy enough that it would be very practical.

Important context:

Fwiw, googling reveals severe myocarditis can cause permanent heart damage.

Back