What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Saban doesn't care what Rivals or 247 think. That is the point. Just because everyone he recruits is highly rated by those services doesn't mean he cares what they think. Hell he probably has more staff members evaluating and rating high school talent than they do. If you are chasing star ratings in recruiting you are behind. I would posit that Saban knows about these kids before the rating services do and that is why he is consistently able to land them. If your entire stategery is to look at what star rating a kid has, you are already 2 years behind on recruiting him.

Saban does not pay attention to star ratings, but he damn well pays attention to other schools' offers.

Saban doesn't care what Rivals or 247 think. That is the point. Just because everyone he recruits is highly rated by those services doesn't mean he cares what they think. Hell he probably has more staff members evaluating and rating high school talent than they do. If you are chasing star ratings in recruiting you are behind. I would posit that Saban knows about these kids before the rating services do and that is why he is consistently able to land them. If your entire stategery is to look at what star rating a kid has, you are already 2 years behind on recruiting him.
Does Nick Saban read recruiting forums? Probably not. But to say that the similar processes that ultimately decide stars and Alabama’s evaluation of players aren’t correlary is foolhardy.

Look at the comments, Huskies' fans are pissed

I don't know anything about the guy, but I assume they are pissed because they stayed in house rather than trying to poach someone else's DC. Pete K was the only Pac 12 coordinator making $1m+ and looks like it's now dropping to 0 Pac 12 ACs making that kind of money.

Last edited:
Saban does not pay attention to star ratings, but he damn well pays attention to other schools' offers.
This,

But he doesn't care who Colorado or Texas Tech offers. If they get a Clemson offer or Ohio State offer you can be sure he has somebody looking at them.

He doesn't care what the services think but it's going to be very rare that he is offering a kid that the services haven't already rated and rated fairly highly. This is because mostly (not always but almost always) these are kids who are so talented that they already stand out in high school as underclassmen.

In the process of looking at other players the services are going to hear about these kids and put them in the data base.

Saban isn't taking the the kid who put on 30lbs in McChessney's gym between his junior and senior year to go from 230 to 260. He's taking the guy who was a 265lb sophomore that already moved better than the 280lb seniors and comes into Bama at 300.

Listen into Saban's recruiting pitch. This is probably the only pitch he has and needs

Guys got charisma, that’s for sure!

After posting that I had a vision of Mac in his heyday doing a Zoom recruiting video. I would not be overstating it to say that after watching a Mac recruiting video a kid would get up and run through a brick wall. After watching Saban, his parents would have to wake him up.

Last edited:
Must be nice to be Saban then- signing something like 13 of the top 90 recruits in the country this year, and something like 75-80 kids on Alabama's roster next year was a top 300 recruit in their respective class.

It actually might not be a bad gig for him. A school that will look the other way to a certain point, and a HC who doesn't really pay attention to defense.

Only problem is that the boosters know what good recruiting looks like.

There was some blind hope on 247 that Jones could be a transfer target for the Buffs. We can all sleep peacefully knowing it was never going to happen.

There was some blind hope on 247 that Jones could be a transfer target for the Buffs. We can all sleep peacefully knowing it was never going to happen.

I don't know how some of y'all consistently read 247. I know AllBuffs has some people that are just blind optimists that think no matter how the staff recruits or how the depth looks things will be fine. But that's just a select few. 247 seems like it's the majority of the board and it's so frustrating to read the unrealistic expectations relative to how the staffs are performing.

I don't know how some of y'all consistently read 247. I know AllBuffs has some people that are just blind optimists that think no matter how the staff recruits or how the depth looks things will be fine. But that's just a select few. 247 seems like it's the majority of the board and it's so frustrating to read the unrealistic expectations relative to how the staffs are performing.
Because of @BuffStampede and the info he provides. But yes, most of the posters there make me look like a pessimist haha

Back