What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I don't know how some of y'all consistently read 247. I know AllBuffs has some people that are just blind optimists that think no matter how the staff recruits or how the depth looks things will be fine. But that's just a select few. 247 seems like it's the majority of the board and it's so frustrating to read the unrealistic expectations relative to how the staffs are performing.
You must miss the monthly thread made by someone who is sick and tired of the endless negativity on that board.

Love me some Aggie burn.
But I don’t get it.

Thanks for that. I don't get it either, was hesitant to admit. Quick scroll of the tweet comments didn't clear it up either.
427251fb-6e25-43d1-ba32-be126d98c054_text.gif

😕
My bad. When I bag on other teams, I try not make fun of them for something they are better than us at.
I.e. college station suuuucks, their mascot suuuucks, their “gig ‘em” suuuucks, toppling bonfires, their jackboots suuuuck, their dude pom Pom girls (sorry - yell leaders) laaame.
But making fun of the number of their championships 🤨.

😕
My bad. When I bag on other teams, I try not make fun of them for something they are better than us at.
I.e. college station suuuucks, their mascot suuuucks, their “gig ‘em” suuuucks, toppling bonfires, their jackboots suuuuck, their dude pom Pom girls (sorry - yell leaders) laaame.
But making fun of the number of their championships 🤨.
A&M has 18 conference championships in their history. CU has 27.
A&M's most recent was 1998. CU's was 2001,

I guess CU fans have something to make fun of A&M over, but there are many schools with less championships that would be more ripe for ridicule.

A&M has 18 conference championships in their history. CU has 27.
A&M's most recent was 1998. CU's was 2001,

I guess CU fans have something to make fun of A&M over, but there are many schools with less championships that would be more ripe for ridicule.
They have 3 national championships. We have one. That’s what comes to my mind first.

plus, while maybe not necessarily a “championship”, they’ve won their last 3 bowl games, spanning the last 3 years consecutively - including the Orange bowl.

aaaaggghhhh - stop making me defend Aggie 🤮

They have 3 national championships. We have one. That’s what comes to my mind first.

plus, while maybe not necessarily a “championship”, they’ve won their last 3 bowl games, spanning the last 3 years consecutively - including the Orange bowl.

aaaaggghhhh - stop making me defend Aggie 🤮
all respect to CU's 1990 season, MNC's aren't real championships. I'd put those in quotes, not the bowl championships.

And, while I acknowledge bowl championships are "real championships", I don't find them impressive in the least.

all respect to CU's 1990 season, MNC's aren't real championships. I'd put those in quotes, not the bowl championships.

And, while I acknowledge bowl championships are "real championships", I don't find them impressive in the least.
So no national championships count from before the playoff?

Also, I’m pretty sure that meme originated with some other fan base, but was funny enough some CU fans shared it as well. And, they were too lazy to substitute Kansas, ASU, or Utah.

So no national championships count from before the playoff?

Also, I’m pretty sure that meme originated with some other fan base, but was funny enough some CU fans shared it as well. And, they were too lazy to substitute Kansas, ASU, or Utah.
1. I don't think the playoffs have changed a thing. the CFP, LLC champion still has an MNC until the NCAA starts recognizing it.
2. it's probably best to avoid slang language like "does it count" in these discussions and be more specific:
do MNC's mean something to fans of the teams? of course.
do MNC's improve a schools' recruiting? yes
do MNC's come with a trophy? yes
do schools who win MNC's make t-shirts and rings and stage events to acknowledge and celebrate the accomplishment? yep
are they recognized by the governing body of the sport? no

Back