What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

There's virtually no P5 games scheduled for Thursdays this season. I guess the NFL has taken over Thursday nights?

There's virtually no P5 games scheduled for Thursdays this season. I guess the NFL has taken over Thursday nights?

I counted 3 before Thanksgiving, all ACC games. Definitely seems like there used to be more in the past, like almost every week there'd be a P5 game on Thursday

CU has won the national championship more recently than Georgia.
I'm not trying to give you a rash....our NC team could pretty much compete with & beat just about any NC team over the last 25 yrs. Different time different game....amazing Biekert & Brown were Sophs talk about depth.

I'd hate to see how much CU players are getting paid.

This is a good direction. College football is completely stuck in neutral and program inequality is expanding.
Yep, basically, going to 6 or 8 with automatic qualifiers is a non starter for the SEC and Notre Dame because it reduces the number of at large bids, so it sounds like they prefer 10 or 12 so the there can be 6 AQs (five P5 champs and highest ranked G5 champ) and then 4-6 at large bids. Conference championship games then become defacto playoff (play-in) games.

I wonder how the seeding would happen in this scenario? The top 4 would likely get byes, so I wonder if they would just use the "CFP Rankings" after Conference Championship weekend to determine seeding, or if the more fun, dramatic option would be to do a "Selection Sunday" sort of set up like March Madness where they go seed by seed, with only 6 AQs being assured a spot and there other 6 being "selected".

Last edited:
IMO the playoffs have been horrible for the sport -- worse than I predicted. expanding on something bad (i.e. making it worse) seems like a huge mistake to me.

I hope I'm wrong.
I have no problem with the current format...1991 would you have rather had it than the UPI & AP?<blind guess probably.
Expanding the format to 8 or more dilutes it and as it is right now the only way the P12 can get an entry.

IMO the playoffs have been horrible for the sport -- worse than I predicted. expanding on something bad (i.e. making it worse) seems like a huge mistake to me.

I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. If it is just an expanded version of what we have, I will still call it a failure. What needs to happen is auto-bids for the P5 conferences and one at large G5 auto-bid.

Back