What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

its called drainage
It did have a big crown to it.

I also played on it one time. The artificial turf just destroyed skin, rug burns for everyone.

It was also brutally hard. It was like they had laid down one of those thin indoor/outdoor carpets on a concrete patio.

This billionaire UM graduate wants to build a new stadium for the Hurricanes just off campus in Coral Gables. This would be great for the U but it sounds like there is some pushback and politics in the city of Coral Gables to deal with. They desperately need either an on-campus stadium or something much closer to campus because their current stadium situation is a joke. The city of Miami really screwed up when they tore down the Orange Bowl instead of refurbishing it or replacing it on the same site.

4-star RB Jahmyr Gibbs from GT has entered the transfer portal. Jackets' leading rusher and 3rd-leading receiver, and 3rd in FBS in all-purpose yards. Rumored to be headed to Tuscaloosa

This billionaire UM graduate wants to build a new stadium for the Hurricanes just off campus in Coral Gables. This would be great for the U but it sounds like there is some pushback and politics in the city of Coral Gables to deal with. They desperately need either an on-campus stadium or something much closer to campus because their current stadium situation is a joke. The city of Miami really screwed up when they tore down the Orange Bowl instead of refurbishing it or replacing it on the same site.

Thats my HS. My parents went there too. so did Frank Gore and Janet Reno.

Thats my HS. My parents went there too. so did Frank Gore and Janet Reno.

So do you think this is a real possibility for them to get their own stadium on or near campus? Playing 40 miles or whatever from campus is a terrible situation. Even at Pitt there is talk of going back to an on-campus stadium.

An on-campus stadium at UM would necessitate the removal of a lot of existing structures. Certainly not impossible, but a challenging project, for sure.

Not sure if posted but USF looks like they are getting closer to a new on campus stadium. Five locations under consideration.

Not sure if posted but USF looks like they are getting closer to a new on campus stadium. Five locations under consideration.
Got to figure they'd be in line for a Big 12 invite after the conference gets poached again in the upcoming round of realignment. Smart to position themselves.

So do you think this is a real possibility for them to get their own stadium on or near campus? Playing 40 miles or whatever from campus is a terrible situation. Even at Pitt there is talk of going back to an on-campus stadium.
doubtful. the city of coral gables will cock block them as they have for decades. When UM built the on campus basketball arena it was capped with reduced seating below the original design In order to get the permit. They still built it but didnt install all the seats. The city will not tolerate the traffic.

I agree where they play now sucks. I think there are other options nearby to build on but not on campus and not in coral gables.

Tropical Park, the old horse track a few miles west, has huge acreage and is off the expressway and bird road. The park could fit a stadium and used to have one (my HS played there in the 80s) before it had to be torn down as unsafe.

Out on Key Biscayne is the old Miami Marine Stadium that could be a site. There is also Crandon park that has tons of parking.

Around downtown miami and in overtown there are some open lots as well.

For the record the old Orange Bowl was in really bad shape and probably should have been condemned a few years before it actually was. The city of Miami was broke. To do the deal for the baseball stadium the County and others had to step in with funds. Considering the spend For a new stadium half of 162 baseball games better justifies the cost then half of 12 college games.

Last edited:
Back