What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

LOL...I can just imagine a Chris Simms re-run in Austin.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

This is going end badly.

(FEEL FREE TO PIN THIS POST)

Yeah I have a feeling this wasn’t a move done with a ton of NIL consideration. He, and likely just as importantly, his dad, grandfather and uncles believe Sark can develop him into an NFL QB in the next 3 years.

The real question is where does Quinn Ewers transfer?

Ewers probably will be the one that finishes UT's time in the Big 12 while Manning would be used to recruit SEC caliber players so UT would have at least three SEC recruiting classes ready to go when the Longhorns enter in 2025 (according to an ESPN executive's recent comment). The ideal situation would be for Manning to redshirt in 2023 and use 2024 to get ready for the SEC.

Even if UT goes to the SEC next year for some reason, I still think Manning redshirts since it wouldn't be smart to throw a freshman QB just fresh out of high school to the SEC wolves right away.

What I hope happens is that Ewers transfers after one season and Manning is proven to be overhyped while Bevo is BBQ-ed to a crisp in the SEC.

Ewers probably will be the one that finishes UT's time in the Big 12 while Manning would be used to recruit SEC caliber players so UT would have at least three SEC recruiting classes ready to go when the Longhorns enter in 2025 (according to an ESPN executive's recent comment). The ideal situation would be for Manning to redshirt in 2023 and use 2024 to get ready for the SEC.

Even if UT goes to the SEC next year for some reason, I still think Manning redshirts since it wouldn't be smart to throw a freshman QB just fresh out of high school to the SEC wolves right away.

What I hope happens is that Ewers transfers after one season and Manning is proven to be overhyped while Bevo is BBQ-ed to a crisp in the SEC.
Man, you are really on your knees for the SEC here

Manning didn't go to Texas to redshirt.

And just like Chris Simms years ago he didn't go to Texas to sit on the bench either.

It will be a major shock if other than an injury he isn't the starter from day 1.

The only real question is how long does he stay at Texas before either transferring (if things aren't going well) or going pro. Money is not an issue between family wealth and NIL so I could see him staying an extra year or even two in order to improve his draft position but the first year he is eligible for the draft and has a 1st round grade he be gone.

And if you think that Texas is going to recruit higher because they are joining the SEC think again. They are already frequently pulling in top 10 classes, they dominate the blue chips in Texas

This from 2020 https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/...ting-class-averages-over-the-past-five-years/

Is there another school that hasn't been a consistent participant in the playoff that over time recruits higher ranked classes than Texas? I didn't look it up but I doubt it.

Yeah I have a feeling this wasn’t a move done with a ton of NIL consideration. He, and likely just as importantly, his dad, grandfather and uncles believe Sark can develop him into an NFL QB in the next 3 years.

The real question is where does Quinn Ewers transfer?

Ewers might not necessarily transfer for a couple reasons. First, aren't players only allowed 1 "free" transfer where they can start immediately? Since he already transferred once then he would have to sit out a year unless that's not the rule. Second, since Ewers is already in his 2nd year out of high school and Arch won't be coming to Texas until 2023, that means they would only have 1 year of overlap if Ewers decides to enter the draft after 2023. And Arch could end up redshirting in 2023 anyway.

So you think Manning is staying if he’s not QB1 on day one?

Tejas U is behind the Nubs for my most hated school. Ohio State, USC, and perhaps Michigan State would round out my Top 5 Hated Schools.
1. Neb
2. Col St
3. VT
4. fBaylor
5. UF
6. tie - Oregon, UCLA, FSU, Tenn, Aub

Ewers might not necessarily transfer for a couple reasons. First, aren't players only allowed 1 "free" transfer where they can start immediately? Since he already transferred once then he would have to sit out a year unless that's not the rule. Second, since Ewers is already in his 2nd year out of high school and Arch won't be coming to Texas until 2023, that means they would only have 1 year of overlap if Ewers decides to enter the draft after 2023. And Arch could end up redshirting in 2023 anyway.
True. I guess you’re talking about a third year player and likely second year starter at UT just having to fend off a true freshman Arch Manning for one season and then, assuming he’s good enough, he can enter the draft after that season.

1. Neb
2. Col St
3. VT
4. fBaylor
5. UF
6. tie - Oregon, UCLA, FSU, Tenn, Aub
1. Neb
2. Notre Dame with a mention to BYU (Dislike schools that try to hold themselves as being special because of religious affiliation but don't hold themselves to those standards bring up the champion of that at #3
3. fBaylor which would be ahead of #2 but they also haven't really won anything.
4. Whichever B1G school is busy committing sex crimes and covering it up this week
5. Whichever SEC school is busiest ignoring any idea of academics or legality to buy a champion while padding their record against the worst FCS/G5 opponents they can buy.

I dislike Oregon and USC for thinking their money makes them special but neither wins enough to justify full scale hate.

CSU fans are obnoxious but it is fun to keep reminding them that even at it's very worst CU wins better than 3 out of every 4 games against them thus shattering their hopes (and fan interest for the year) again.

Ewers is elite, but Manning is considered to be better than Ewers. What an amazing problem to have
If Manning's last name was literally anything else, he'd be a top 150 prospect. He's not the best player in this class, not is he anywhere near the best QB 247 has ever seen. I'm not saying he'll bust, but I'm predicting more Jimmy Clausen than Trevor Lawrence.

Ohio State just received a patent for “The.” Haha. But don’t worry. We can still use it in sentences.

Ohio State just received a patent for “The.” Haha. But don’t worry. We can still use it in sentences.
I’ve seen this, but I don’t know what it means. Or is it more of a “you HAVE to use ‘The’ when referring to Ohio State or you get penalized”? F’d up part is, there are more than one campus.

I’ve seen this, but I don’t know what it means. Or is it more of a “you HAVE to use ‘The’ when referring to Ohio State or you get penalized”? F’d up part is, there are more than one campus.
I think it specifically related to OSU gear. Hats, tee shirts, etc.

Back