What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UCLA Tailgate options

NYCBuffs

Hey everyone, new guy here, I'm coming out to the UCLA game and bringing my Australian family so they can not only root on the buffs but also experience 'American Tailgating', anyone have any advice on what I should show them? When I was in school, this happened at my apartment so looking for BBQ and beers. I would happily pay for this as well. I looked into the Ralphie’s Corral idea but that seems a bit to family oriented. Any advice??

Last edited:
Hey everyone, new guy here, I'm coming out to the UCLA game and bringing my Australian family so they can not only root on the buffs but also experience 'American Tailgating', anyone have any advice on what I should show them? When I was in school, this happened at my apartment so looking for BBQ and beers would happily pay for this as well. I looked into the Ralphie’s Corral idea but that seems a bit to family oriented. Any advice??
and to support the Australian Kicker!

Hey everyone, new guy here, I'm coming out to the UCLA game and bringing my Australian family so they can not only root on the buffs but also experience 'American Tailgating', anyone have any advice on what I should show them? When I was in school, this happened at my apartment so looking for BBQ and beers would happily pay for this as well. I looked into the Ralphie’s Corral idea but that seems a bit to family oriented. Any advice??
I'd definitely take them on the Buff Walk bricks and to the team store/ IPF / Ralphie Handler statue. That's after having your tickets scanned, though.

Will you be in on Thursday for the Pearl Street Stampede in downtown Boulder?

Last edited:
I'd definitely take them on the Buff Walk bricks and to the team store/ IPF / Ralphie Handler statue. That's after having your tickets scanned, though.

Sadly don't get in until late Thursday night

I appreciate that man! we will do that. Never saw the bricks when I was in school so I'm curious about that too

I went to the the home opener on Saturday and there is a brand new and glorious thing. The outdoor practice field right next to the stadium is wide open to the public and no ticket is necessary. Stroll through the gates and bring whatever alcohol or prepared food that you want (no grills). No one checks your bags at the entrance. They have tents, tables, and chairs set up all along the perimeter. There is even a free sunscreen dispenser. The now-discontinued Indoor Practice Field thing was great, but this is better because it is outside the ticket scan zone and you can bring your own stuff in there.

I went to the the home opener on Saturday and there is a brand new and glorious thing. The outdoor practice field right next to the stadium is wide open to the public and no ticket is necessary. Stroll through the gates and bring whatever alcohol or prepared food that you want (no grills). No one checks your bags at the entrance. They have tents, tables, and chairs set up all along the perimeter. There is even a free sunscreen dispenser. The now-discontinued Indoor Practice Field thing was great, but this is better because it is outside the ticket scan zone and you can bring your own stuff in there.
That area is definitely for high level donors lol. They don't want just random folks coming by and commandeering tents/turf.

I don’t think you quite understand what that area is...

Lol

I don’t think you quite understand what that area is...

Lol

I think I do. But please inform me otherwise if I'm wrong. All I know was that on Saturday, the gates were wide open to the public on Franklin Field pregame, and you could bring any alcohol in there that you wanted. There were hundreds of people in there. This is brand new. Here is a link to a map of the "Franklin Field Tailgate Zone" for you:

https://goo.gl/images/6s4zoz

Last edited:
I think I do. But please inform me otherwise if I'm wrong. All I know was that the gates were wide open to the public on Franklin Field pregame, and you could bring any alcohol in there that you wanted. There were hundreds of people in there. This is brand new. Here is a link to a map for you:

https://goo.gl/images/6s4zoz

My family has been tailgating there since 1972 with another family. This is the third year in its current configuration and the tents are reserved for the donors that have paid for them. We have two.

Glass is not allowed so any glass liquor or beer bottles one may have with them are actually prohibited.

You are absolutely correct that people are allowed to come and go as they please and enjoy the atmosphere (I would recommend doing so), the impression I got from your post was that the tents and seats were kind of a “first come, first servedl” deal. Sorry if I misread that.

Also, for UNH, I’m sure there wasn’t much of a “security” presence at the gate to check people but, I can almost guarantee that UCLA will be a different scene.

My family has been tailgating there since 1972 with another family. This is the third year in its current configuration and the tents are reserved for the donors that have paid for them. We have two.

Glass is not allowed so any glass liquor or beer bottles one may have with them are actually prohibited.

You are absolutely correct that people are allowed to come and go as they please and enjoy the atmosphere (I would recommend doing so), the impression I got from your post was that the tents and seats were kind of a “first come, first servedl” deal. Sorry if I misread that.

Also, for UNH, I’m sure there wasn’t much of a “security” presence at the gate to check people but, I can almost guarantee that UCLA will be a different scene.

Thanks for the correction Mr. 4DemBuffs. I'm only 5 years into loving the Buffs, but was surprised with the apparent open nature of this event compared to previous games I have attended.

Thanks for the correction Mr. 4DemBuffs. I'm only 5 years into loving the Buffs, but was surprised with the apparent open nature of this event compared to previous games I have attended.
Yeah. No worries. I would definitely make it a place to hit while roaming the campus pregame. It is a fun atmosphere especially when the pep band comes through with the cheerleaders and plays a few tunes.

People are definitely welcome in there and I would encourage people checking it out!

Well la di da!

Hey everyone, new guy here, I'm coming out to the UCLA game and bringing my Australian family so they can not only root on the buffs but also experience 'American Tailgating', anyone have any advice on what I should show them? When I was in school, this happened at my apartment so looking for BBQ and beers. I would happily pay for this as well. I looked into the Ralphie’s Corral idea but that seems a bit to family oriented. Any advice??
no one wants to see a bunch of Aussies rooting!

Yes, you should check out our All Buffs tailgate, put on by Sackman. Here is the link for the forum where there will be a "roll call" for the UCLA tailgate. Hopefully this is helpful for you. The UCLA Roll Call will probably be up on Sunday or Monday usually. Just check in and include how many people, and then Sackman will let each of us know what will be needed for the tailgate food/supplies. :D https://www.allbuffs.com/forums/cu-gameday-fan-network.19/

Back