What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Auto-Bid & Bubble Watch

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Conference tourney winners get an auto-bid to the NCAA tournament.

Conference regular season winners that don't win their tourney get an auto-bid to the NIT tournament if they don't receive an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament.

For our Buffs, it looks like our only path to the Dance is winning the Pac-12 tourney. For an NIT bid, we want to see as few upsets of top seeds in the 1-bid conferences as possible so that the NIT field for at-large bids doesn't get shrunk.

ESPN's got detail on each conference tourney's brackets: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ched2019champweek/clinch-ncaa-tournament-spot

(regular season champs are not all final yet)
CONFERENCEREG SEASON CHAMPTOURNEY CHAMP
America EastVermontVermont
AACHoustonCincinnati
A-10VCUSt. Louis
ACCVirginiaDuke
Atlantic SunLipscombLiberty
Big 12Kansas StateIowa State
Big EastVillanovaVillanova
Big SkyMontanaMontana
Big SouthCampbellGardner-Webb
Big TenMichigan StateMichigan State
Big WestUC IrvineUC Irvine
ColonialHofstraNortheastern
C-USAOld DominionOld Dominion
HorizonWright StateNorthern Kentucky
IvyHarvardYale
Metro AtlanticIonaIona
Mid-AmericanBuffaloBuffalo
Mid-EasternNorfolk StateNC Central
Missouri ValleyLoyola-ChicagoBradley
Mountain WestUtah StateUtah State
NortheastSt. Francis (PA)Fairleigh Dickinson
Ohio ValleyBelmontMurray State
Pac-12WashingtonOregon
PatriotColgateColgate
SECLSUAuburn
SouthernWoffordWofford
SouthlandSam Houston StateAbilene Christian
SouthwesternPrairie View A&MPrairie View A&M
SummitSouth Dakota StateNorth Dakota State
Sun BeltGeorgia StateGeorgia State
West CoastGonzagaSt. Mary's
WesternNew Mexico StateNew Mexico State
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
UNC-Greeley tied with Montana atop the Big Sky standings. Very cool! They play Northern Arizona @home on Saturday, with the Griz @Sac State. Not sure the of the tie breakers if they both win, but good to see the Bears making noise again.

UNC-Greeley tied with Montana atop the Big Sky standings. Very cool! They play Northern Arizona @home on Saturday, with the Griz @Sac State. Not sure the of the tie breakers if they both win, but good to see the Bears making noise again.

UNC Alum- so I track them and pull for them-they split the season series-Montana won in Greeley and UNC went to Missoula and beat them up there. Pretty sure they need to beat NAU and hope Sac State beats Montana. The second tiebreaker is highest common opponent (Weber and Montana State are T-3 right now) if I'm understanding it correctly-Montana swept them both and UNC split with both.

UNC Alum- so I track them and pull for them-they split the season series-Montana won in Greeley and UNC went to Missoula and beat them up there. Pretty sure they need to beat NAU and hope Sac State beats Montana. The second tiebreaker is highest common opponent (Weber and Montana State are T-3 right now) if I'm understanding it correctly-Montana swept them both and UNC split with both.

I follow them casually, same with the other D1 schools in the state. That run they had in '11 was a lot of fun. I made it up for a few games that year. Fingers crossed they can do it again.

Looks like Montana actually got the 1-seed on the tiebreaker.

That was the worst idea ever last year. Glad they reversed course. Now they just have to get the NBA guys off the show. I love Chuck and Kenny, Inside the NBA is the best studio show hands down, but they don’t watch ten seconds of college basketball before the tournament.

That was the worst idea ever last year. Glad they reversed course. Now they just have to get the NBA guys off the show. I love Chuck and Kenny, Inside the NBA is the best studio show hands down, but they don’t watch ten seconds of college basketball before the tournament.

I know what they were trying to accomplish-They wanted to take the suspense out of it for a team like us in 2013 (that was the year we played Illinois) where we were one of the last teams revealed in the bracket. Best solution to that is to reveal the entire thing within the first half hour.

As far as the NBA guys-I like them, and I think they're better than the alternative's (ESPN's) college guys, with Jay Bilas being the lone exception.

Last edited:
As of this morning, CU is #70 in NET, #77 in RPI and #64 in KenPom.

That's a very NIT resume, especially if we can win 2 in Vegas (Cal + Oregon State in neutral site games). Win 3 with a neutral win over Washington and we'd likely be in range to enter the NCAA bubble discussion by the talking heads while being a huge long shot to actually get selected -- but we'd be an NIT lock.

That's a very NIT resume, especially if we can win 2 in Vegas (Cal + Oregon State in neutral site games). Win 3 with a neutral win over Washington and we'd likely be in range to enter the NCAA bubble discussion by the talking heads while being a huge long shot to actually get selected -- but we'd be an NIT lock.
I guess we will just have to win the whole damn thing, then.

Not sure how right this site gets it, but they have us projected as NIT/NIT bubble depending on the number of regular season champs that end up in the NIT. They have 4 teams rated below us with 8 auto bids, 7 of them eating up #7/8 seeds.

DRatings Bracketology

Let's win the auto bid.

I'm curious as to how the selection committee is going to do things this year. The NET ratings have teams with losing or near losing records way above us. I mean, 17-14 Florida is rated #33.

I'm coming around to the idea of putting teams in as at larges based on perceived level of "goodness" based on recent play. You can't tell me a team like Nebraska or Penn State is better than CU, but NET puts both ahead of us. 20 spots in the case of Nebraska.

I'm curious as to how the selection committee is going to do things this year. The NET ratings have teams with losing or near losing records way above us. I mean, 17-14 Florida is rated #33.

I'm coming around to the idea of putting teams in as at larges based on perceived level of "goodness" based on recent play. You can't tell me a team like Nebraska or Penn State is better than CU, but NET puts both ahead of us. 20 spots in the case of Nebraska.
That's one of my big annoyances. The way these things work, you move up for losing to Duke by 9 while certain wins may actually drop you. To a certain extent, I am ok with that. I like SOS being important. But I really don't care give any credit for losing a game.

Back