What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Players should demand Hazard Pay for this season! Until there is a Vaccine, technically these players are playing under a different environment than agreed to. If any player gets sick and dies, likely talking about a huge payout, considering that any player could be considered an NFL Player potentially.
So athletic departments that wre hemorrhaging money should pay teenagers that are more likely to die driving to practice?

I actually agree with. CU just needs to maintain enrollment and will be fine.

CSU and the smaller schools will suffer more.
It will hurt them but CSU already gets a significant majority of their funding from student fees which likely won’t change much

So athletic departments that wre hemorrhaging money should pay teenagers that are more likely to die driving to practice?

Hemorrhaging???
Don't they have 6-12 months savings?
Like all good Americans should!
A Billion Dollar industry
What if this were a real war and not a Pandemic war, could the AD’s take a year or two off? I wanna see the Buffs play really bad, but one Football player dying from Covid would be horrible!

It’s starting to look to me like there will be very little, if any impact on the season. A week ago, we were talking about how it was 50/50 at best if they would have a season, and it was looking like if it did happen, it would be postponed until Spring 2021. Now we have folks talking about putting 50,000 into Ohio Stadium. What will the chatter be like next week?

It’s starting to look to me like there will be very little, if any impact on the season. A week ago, we were talking about how it was 50/50 at best if they would have a season, and it was looking like if it did happen, it would be postponed until Spring 2021. Now we have folks talking about putting 50,000 into Ohio Stadium. What will the chatter be like next week?

The impact on the season will be pretty dramatic.

The impact on the season will be pretty dramatic.
Two weeks ago, I probably would have agreed with this statement. Now, I’m not so sure. There seems to be growing momentum towards re-opening society. I saw an article yesterday that claimed the CDC has come to the conclusion that Covid-19 isn’t spread easily outdoors. Now, whether that was factual or not is a different debate. The fact is that people are actively searching for excuses to shed many of the social distancing protocols that have been put in place the last two months. I don’t expect that trend to abate any time soon and will likely accelerate.

Two weeks ago, I probably would have agreed with this statement. Now, I’m not so sure. There seems to be growing momentum towards re-opening society. I saw an article yesterday that claimed the CDC has come to the conclusion that Covid-19 isn’t spread easily outdoors. Now, whether that was factual or not is a different debate. The fact is that people are actively searching for excuses to shed many of the social distancing protocols that have been put in place the last two months. I don’t expect that trend to abate any time soon and will likely accelerate.
Strong assumption layered on top of the assumption that the disease will remain on a downward trend all the way through the fall semester. People won't put themselves at risk for sports

Strong assumption layered on top of the assumption that the disease will remain on a downward trend all the way through the fall semester. People won't put themselves at risk for sports

You might not, but I think many will.

Based on facts. Hopefully you are right because it means good things have happened
Everybody is making assumptions based on what they perceive to be the facts. The fact is that the trend of the virus has been positive lately. The fact is that in the countries that experienced the virus before the US - namely China, S Korea, Italy and Iran, they are all in what would be considered a recovery phase currently. The fact is that in certain places they are opening up at a much more accelerated rate than we are in the US. All of these are part of a trend line that is convincing many folks that in another three months we *should* be close to normal. Again, I have no idea if any of those assumptions are correct, but everybody involved is using their own facts to justify their own choices.

I just hope they know what they're doing, that's with all sports, not just CFB. I want to see it as much as anybody else, but not at the expense of people getting sick or dead from this ****.

Everybody is making assumptions based on what they perceive to be the facts. The fact is that the trend of the virus has been positive lately. The fact is that in the countries that experienced the virus before the US - namely China, S Korea, Italy and Iran, they are all in what would be considered a recovery phase currently. The fact is that in certain places they are opening up at a much more accelerated rate than we are in the US. All of these are part of a trend line that is convincing many folks that in another three months we *should* be close to normal. Again, I have no idea if any of those assumptions are correct, but everybody involved is using their own facts to justify their own choices.
China

S Korea

Iran

You may be right about Italy, but otherwise, what you claim as "facts" are nothing of the sort.

Weird.

You are taking one comment from Gene Smith though. Other ADs have been talking about empty stadiums.

China
S Korea

Iran

You may be right about Italy, but otherwise, what you claim as "facts" are nothing of the sort.

Weird.

You misunderstand the point I’m trying to make. People will find whatever facts they want in order to do what they wanted to do in the first place. The fact is that the trend line is positive, regardless of flare ups and outbreaks here and there. Some people will choose to look at that as a basis for their actions. Others, like you, will look at the flare ups and outbreaks and take different actions. That’s human nature. Gene Smith is the first guy, but I honestly doubt he will be the last.

There’s a lot at stake here. People with a lot at stake make choices that you or I might not make. It would be ignorant to argue otherwise. There will be A LOT of people in August who will be demanding business as usual. You can argue with me about whether they should be - and I’m not taking a position one way or the other - but to claim that very few people will be doing that in three months when we already have a significant number of people doing it right now seems a little strange.

I'm not making assumptions based on assumptions, but extrapolating based on the fact that most people aren't ****ing stupid and won't risk their lives to go see sports. If they won't shop, they won't go to sports. If we want sports back, the virus needs to be contained or cured. My evidence is pretty simple: people stopped participating in non-essential economic activity before the stay at home orders, and are mostly still not doing so even after they have been lifted.

Perceived facts is a silly thing to say. It's a way to make everyone's opinion as valid as everyone else's. That's just not the case. Some people are right, some people are wrong. Unless you are high on some good acid, facts are facts. Sorry Trump people. And eventually that trip ends, and then you are back to reality.

Curious what RG will say on this or has said. I have no idea if I'll feel comfortable going to a game this fall.
at first, I agreed with this sentiment, but upon further thought and considering that:
(a) Folsom is an outdoor stadium
(b) how shjtty actual attendance (butts in seats) has been over the last six years that I've been attending CU games
(c) the ongoing CV pandemic will likely keep even more butts at home even if fans are allowed

I'd probably go to a CU game, under the assumption that I'd be able to find seats and maintain social distance, provided CU did something to space out people at the entrance.

Most people aren’t stupid?

That’s an assumption right there.

I don’t know how this became some kind of argument. People are doing to do what they’re going to do. It’s crazy to assume that ADs who have millions of dollars on the line won’t do everything in their power to protect that investment.

at first, I agreed with this sentiment, but upon further thought and considering that:
(a) Folsom is an outdoor stadium
(b) how shjtty actual attendance (butts in seats) has been over the last six years that I've been attending CU games
(c) the ongoing CV pandemic will likely keep even more butts at home even if fans are allowed

I'd probably go to a CU game, under the assumption that I'd be able to find seats and maintain social distance, provided CU did something to space out people at the entrance.

Assuming the schedule plays out the way its set on paper-I'd feel a lot more comfortable at the Fresno game than I would a conference game later in the year. If we see a 2nd wave, I'd think it'll probably be during the winter.

Back