What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Starting on time /= finishing on time.

Fans in stands to some capacity at most locations is also a really convoluted way of saying "I don't know."

I still don't see it. They probably will go ahead with it, y'all know why. How smart it is to do, idk?

Why are you taking shots at Klatt for tweeting based on what he's hearing, Jens? You were the same person who said the NFL can't do the draft because of the optics-and you were way off there.
If we are going off being wrong about something, why are you talking?

Klatt's talking based off what he's hearing. Stop.

I get he is tweeting off what he is hearing, but there is little concrete info. The people pushing hard for a season starting on time, with fans no less, really need to start providing some specifics instead of just saying "it's happening" over and over again.

I appreciate Klatt reporting what he is hearing.... But the dude is also a hardcore conservative. There may be some confirmation bias baked into his rumors.

When you have the University President at a major football school talking in open and skeptical terms, then that should raise alarm bells.

I appreciate Klatt reporting what he is hearing.... But the dude is also a hardcore conservative. There may be some confirmation bias baked into his rumors.

When you have the University President at a major football school talking in open and skeptical terms, then that should raise alarm bells.

He runs the biggest university in one of the few states that hasn't opened up yet and we're still 30-45 days away from the drop date for an on time start.

Partisan politics have been the simmering issue under much of this thread. Unfortunately that is the lense that a great number of people view Corona virus and the rest of the world through.
Apparently we can make anything into a political football.

I mean, you can blame me for bringing politics into this, but Klatt has a political viewpoint (he also has a vested interest in the season happening)

(this one is a response to some flatten the curve something or other)

https://twitter.com/joelklatt/status/1247987613299920896?s=20

He isn't as bad as Clay Travis, but he has been making veiled political commentary about the Covid for a few months. So yeah, I appreciate his commentary and rumors - I hope he is right! But please remember that Klatt has his own biases about everything as well.

You will know a lot more when the colleges start announcing their plans for the fall sometime in the next week or two.

I get he is tweeting off what he is hearing, but there is little concrete info. The people pushing hard for a season starting on time, with fans no less, really need to start providing some specifics instead of just saying "it's happening" over and over again.

Klatt has a very vested personal interest in there being an as normal as usual college season seeing that that is kinda his job. And his employer does also.

On many levels, playing this fall makes sense. Same with trying to get students on campus for the fall. I completely understand the push on both fronts.

Where the disconnect occurs for me is how adding thousands (maybe tens of thousands?) fans to that relatively controlled environment of college campuses multiple times this fall is somehow sound policy. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

Making this the normalized, public view will help to make it happen and to be more acceptable.

The devil is always in the details. Like I said above, I really do get the push to get students on campuses and to play in the fall.

On many levels, playing this fall makes sense. Same with trying to get students on campus for the fall. I completely understand the push on both fronts.

Where the disconnect occurs for me is how adding thousands (maybe tens of thousands?) fans to that relatively controlled environment of college campuses multiple times this fall is somehow sound policy. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

I think that makes as much sense as Kate Brown saying no crowds at sporting events in September like Oregon-Ohio State on May 7. I don't think a call needs to be made on how many fans at games (if any) there are until August 1. Nobody knows what this thing is going to do right now.

Uhh, are you suggesting he doesn't have an agenda?

He's referencing facts but if that's having an agenda then that's your prerogative.

It always amazes me how so many who make their living covering college football are negative towards the return of college football just so they can try to show how virtuous they are.

As i sit here having another stampede, i would hope 100 percent of the focus would be on providing the student athletes as safe an environment as possible. Fans attending games would seem to be the frosting on an unexpectedly awesome cake.

Klatt selectively using subsets of data to frame his argument... Yes, he is pushing an agenda

But whatever, I will drop it
That’s the thing though, everybody who expresses any opinion on the subject is selectively using data to support his/her argument. It’s been fascinating to watch, because each side says the other sides “facts” are invalid.

Back