What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Of course it's still growing. Did people think it was just going away?
Well if it continues to grow with the measures they have in place then that is not good news for trying to have games in a couple of months. That is all I’m trying to say

Those people don’t have to worry about playing a football game in a couple months lol
No, they just have to worry about spreading it, same as the football players.

Honestly, I would argue that strict testing and isolating policies/procedures that can be achieved through the rigid structure of college football is far more likely to contain and reduce the spread than simply not having a season and allowing all the players and staff to go about their lives like everyone else.

My point is that this focus on sports creating a massive spread of the virus, while everything else is opening and proceeding essentially as normal, is like treating a cut on your arm before the gunshot wound to your stomach.

Honestly, I would argue that strict testing and isolating policies/procedures that can be achieved through the rigid structure of college football is far more likely to contain and reduce the spread than simply not having a season and allowing all the players and staff to go about their lives like everyone else.

My point is that this focus on sports creating a massive spread of the virus, while everything else is opening and proceeding essentially as normal, is like treating a cut on your arm before the gunshot wound to your stomach.
Yes they have to worry about spreading it but this is completely different since players are together all day every day. I agree that the procedures in place are the best they can do, that is why it is really concerning to see it spreading this quickly already. Those Texas schools are getting hit hard.

It is a good thing these student athletes are on campus and being tested.

Being at home as a college aged student is not necessarily the better solution. They would be out doing what college aged kids do exposing everyone else around them. They wouldn't be getting tested for COVID if they were at home unless they showed symptoms. Seems like the better alternative. This won't be the case for the general student population though.

What a horrifying logical fallacy. When I go to the grocery store and half a dozen idiots aren't wearing a mask, that's just a tad bit different than being packed into a stadium with 20,000 other people. Exposing millions more people for sportsball is not "a cut on the arm". Arguing that exposing millions more people to the virus is more likely to contain the spread is one of the dumbest things ever said on the internet. You're basically saying "well Timmy's mom let him do it so I should too". Timmy's mom being an idiot doesn't excuse other people for following suit.

Shared in the covid sports thread - but just another clue on how quickly this can go south:

I've doubted a season for awhile now, but I wouldn't be surprised if some places in the country tried. How they'll go about it, I have no idea? I know I'm a broken record with this, it's all about the money. How many players will go for that ****, Idk? Some won't do it, a lot will.

The document says that as the result of precedents set by former and current athletics staffs, the players will no longer leave the topic of their health and safety in the hands "of those who have perpetually failed us."

Things looking bad at UCLA

Things are not looking good for the Allbuffs scientific committee and their decision that there’s going to be college football with fans this fall as they think they’ve suffered enough.

Things are not looking good for the Allbuffs scientific committee and their decision that there’s going to be college football with fans this fall as they think they’ve suffered enough.
Soccer has started so football will play and this is months down the road. Let’s not overreact to positive tests which we knew was going to happen

Soccer has started so football will play and this is months down the road. Let’s not overreact to positive tests which we knew was going to happen
Professional football players working in empty stadia alongside with them observing rigorous testing and separation is way different than what’s going to happen with college.

There are some posters that flat out do not want college football to be played this fall. Nothing short of a Covid-19 vaccination discovery that is shot into the arms of every person by July 15 will change that.

Infections will happen during season in CFB. No way to prevent it. The key question will be what happens to close contacts that are traced? Will they be quarantined as well? They are at Texas, at least in this phase.

This could wipe out a position room. Or a huddle. Or locker quadrant. Or apartment roommates.

Key question. At least to me.

In all honesty, it sometimes feels that way. People would rather be right than wrong, even if it means being wrong means having college football.
We all want it back, but some think its not worth the risk or even irresponsible to bring it back right now...That doesn't mean people are rooting against it.

There are some posters that flat out do not want college football to be played this fall. Nothing short of a Covid-19 vaccination discovery that is shot into the arms of every person by July 15 will change that.
This is untrue. I can only speak for myself, but my concerns are rooted in an interest in player health, fan safety, and the continuation of the sport itself. If this pandemic is mishandled, college football may not exist for many schools ever again. Several posters here have glossed over/ignored the substantial liabilities universities will face if players/staff die or have long-term health problems from program negligence.

Some people pretend that false analogies to professional sports should apply to amateur sports. Many schools will have great difficulty in creating extensive testing and distancing like the professional sports league that are running currently have - not to mention that those professional league are running matches without fans.

Last edited:
This is untrue. I can only speak for myself, but my concerns are rooted in an interest in a care for player health, fan safety, and the continuation of the sport itself. If this pandemic is mishandled, college football may not exist for many schools ever again. Several posters here have glossed over/ignored the substantial liabilities universities will face if players/staff die or have long-term health problems from program negligence.

Some people pretend that false analogies to professional sports should apply to amateur sports. Many schools will have great difficulty in creating extensive testing and distancing like the professional sports league that are running currently have - not to mention that those professional league are running matches without fans.
If there isn't a college football season there might not be sports period at many, many Schools. The ramifications are massive on a lot of fronts. It's such a delicate balance.

A second wave is going to happen and more than likely we won't see massive shut downs like we saw this spring. If that is the case, the players, staff, trainers, and anyone else is going to be going about their lives like they did before. I truly think having them on campus and monitored constantly is the better alternative. They won't be getting that sitting at home.

This is untrue. I can only speak for myself, but my concerns are rooted in an interest in a care for player health, fan safety, and the continuation of the sport itself. If this pandemic is mishandled, college football may not exist for many schools ever again. Several posters here have glossed over/ignored the substantial liabilities universities will face if players/staff die or have long-term health problems from program negligence.

Also worth mentioning that none of those sports leagues are based in the US.

If there isn't a college football season there might not be sports period at many, many Schools. The ramifications are massive on a lot of fronts. It's such a delicate balance.

A second wave is going to happen and more than likely we won't see massive shut downs like we saw this spring. If that is the case, the players, staff, trainers, and anyone else is going to be going about their lives like they did before. I truly think having them on campus and monitored constantly is the better alternative. They won't be getting that sitting at home.
Unfortunately, this is why schools are diving head first without looking to see if there’s water. We are in a mega long first wave. Given how badly things are going in college football hotspots, schools’ best bets is to ban fans and test and isolate players as much as possible.

Back