What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

What Notre Dame and others are doing actually makes a ton of sense-jokes about online finals aside. Its not that hard to pick something up while you're traveling (airports/hotels etc are germ factories) so minimizing the amount of travel during flu season you're making students do isn't necessarily a bad thing. That being said, Lets actually look at the data-the link above is from the CDC. They show 76 deaths in the 15-24 age range. Compare that with 55,611 deaths at 65+. Not only has this not hit college age groups real hard, but you can make the case that a football player who does come down with this could get better care at school than they would at home. The main liability to me would be somebody who is 65+ going to a football game and picking up COVID from that.
It comes down to test, trace, isolate. Football programs will spend well into six figures if they test correctly. Wilmer has a great analysis. I’d build an isolation dorm right now.

It comes down to test, trace, isolate. Football programs will spend well into six figures if they test correctly. Wilmer has a great analysis. I’d build an isolation dorm right now.

Agree 100% with isolating the football and basketball players as much as feasible.

All of this assumes the key athletes actually show up. Remember they are actually still amateurs. If it was your kid would you let them play? The NCAA also granted an additional year of eligibility to those impacted by Covid19 last winter and spring. So that option is hanging over foorball as well.

All of this assumes the key athletes actually show up. Remember they are actually still amateurs. If it was your kid would you let them play? The NCAA also granted an additional year of eligibility to those impacted by Covid19 last winter and spring. So that option is hanging over foorball as well.

For football, I would think that the athletes would show up. Taking a full year off of football, staying in shape, not getting practice reps, maintaining a keen mindset (presuming if you stay away, you do not take part in meetings, film or practice) and keeping the love of the game might be real tough if an player took the year off. With that said, given the current circumstances, I could not blame a kid for not putting his health first at this juncture.

That's the silver lining in all of this for sure. I need to get furloughed and then join a firm doing the class action lawsuit so I can retire by the time I'm 40.
They are trying to get restrictions on civil suits related to covid in the next stimulus. Attempt to get people back to work. Don't know how they plan to do it, I'm not a litigator, so not only am i not smart enough to understand, I'm also not a real attorney.

They are trying to get restrictions on civil suits related to covid in the next stimulus. Attempt to get people back to work. Don't know how they plan to do it, I'm not a litigator, so not only am i not smart enough to understand, I'm also not a real attorney.
If you or your spouse are forced into a work situtaion where they get Corona Virus and incur huge medical bills or die are you ok not being able to sue?

Or if your son is told he must play or lose his scholarship and he plays and gets sick and dies you are ok not being able to sue?

The chances of getting a federal provision to remove civil C-19 liability for unpaid student athletes is mega low.

If you or your spouse are forced into a work situtaion where they get Corona Virus and incur huge medical bills or die are you ok not being able to sue?

Or if your son is told he must play or lose his scholarship and he plays and gets sick and dies you are ok not being able to sue?
I'm not advocating for it, just what they mentioned on the local news a couple nights ago. Sorry, I forgot every post during the current situation has to come from one side or the other.

Arizona just passed a law to protect businesses, although it might be actually be legal. I guess that doesn't matter to a certain group.

House Bill 2912, approved by the Republican majority, would immunize defendants against lawsuits if their actions or inactions that resulted in someone contracting the virus were merely negligent. Instead, victims or their survivors could sue only if they could show someone was grossly negligent, a standard that Rep. Aaron Lieberman, D-Phoenix, said amounts to willful misconduct.

That change may be illegal. Tim Fleming, the House attorney, advised lawmakers that it could run afoul of a constitutional provision that prohibits lawmakers from limiting the rights of victims to sue for damages.

But Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills, said the protection is necessary to help restore the state economy.

Looks like the Big 12 has released a schedule (approved by their Board of Directors) for football players to be allowed back on campus starting June 15th "...to engage in voluntary activities, presumably drills and workouts..." .
(The article doesn't list any requirements/ guidelines on safety measures (testing, etc.), so assume that will be left up to the universities or will be announced later.?.)
Article - https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...lan-for-student-athletes-to-return-to-campus/ .
Big 12's (short) announcement - https://big12sports.com/news/2020/5...for-student-athletes-to-return-to-campus.aspx

From the Big 12 release
"
Beginning June 15 football student-athletes will be permitted to access campus athletic facilities and support personnel for voluntary conditioning and training exercises. Volleyball, soccer and cross country student-athletes are able to return July 1. All other Big 12 student-athletes may return to campus for voluntary sport-related activities July 15.
"

I'm not advocating for it, just what they mentioned on the local news a couple nights ago. Sorry, I forgot every post during the current situation has to come from one side or the other.
I used your post to get at something thats been eating at me. Sorry about that Its not about you or politics. I just keep think about my kids and what Id do or whta id tell them i think they should do. Living around lawyers as a kid im pretty sure i know what they will do too The moment 10-20-50 kids come down with it.

Back