What's new

CU Season Ticket Update - July 7 deadline, Only season ticket holders in Folsom this Year (Likely)

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
From CU:

We hope you’re doing well during this time and appreciate your continued support of our athletic department. In an effort to prepare for the 2020 football season and our protocols for health and safety in Folsom Field, we want to let you know that the University of Colorado will cut off the sale of season tickets at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7. Customers who have already renewed their season tickets or are currently on a bill plan do not need to take any action at this time.

We anticipate that only those customers who have purchased season tickets will have access to game tickets this season. At this time, we do not know if, or how many, people will be allowed in the stadium this fall and we will communicate our plan once we know what will be allowable.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to create the best fan experience possible for the upcoming season. If you have not yet renewed your season tickets but are ready to do so, please visit cubuffs.com/tickets to sign-in to your account, call the CU Athletic Ticket Office at 303-492-8337, or email cutix@colorado.edu to secure your seats.

New Buffs fans thinking of obtaining tickets for this season can call 303-492-8337 or email the Ticket Office at cutix@colorado.edu.

Buffalo Brad

Club Member
Club Member
Just read that. Looks like I will not be renewing. Will call this week to discuss with them. Not giving them money for games I cannot and probably do not want to go to.

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Still think it’s too soon to make decisions like this. Way too much can change in the next two months.
They leave a lot of wiggle room. To me it reads like an admission of the ceiling for the fall, which is games being played with minimal to no fans in the stadium. The floor is not yet set and they say they have no idea what's gonna happen.

Not Sure

Sets low bar, barely exceeds it.
Club Member
It’s a highly fluid environment right now. I think there’s a better than average chance that conditions will be very different in 8 weeks. Decisions based on current conditions have a good chance of being bad decisions then and it doesn’t make sense to me to be coming to conclusions about anything right now. OTOH, I do think it’s wise to be coming up with contingency plans that cover a wide variety of scenarios.

patebuff

Bigbang thinks I'm a 2 star
Club Member
It’s a highly fluid environment right now. I think there’s a better than average chance that conditions will be very different in 8 weeks. Decisions based on current conditions have a good chance of being bad decisions then and it doesn’t make sense to me to be coming to conclusions about anything right now. OTOH, I do think it’s wise to be coming up with contingency plans that cover a wide variety of scenarios.
Sure. However, I believe they have a deadline for season tickets anyways, correct? Everything else can be easily changed.

My experience with all of this is they are contact tracing everything so they want to know who has came down with the virus and who they have been in contact with. Probably hard to do with general tickets.

Not Sure

Sets low bar, barely exceeds it.
Club Member
As a season ticket holder, I’m still not in a place where I would feel comfortable using those tickets. Maybe I will feel differently once the games begin.

Clean Undies

Under House Arrest
Club Member
I’m guessing that’s in the 15K-19K range. Under 50%.

wonder if some kind of open seating concept would apply to keep peeps 6ft apart.

FChairbanks

muthaka slayer
Club Member
Just heard right now football is on for 30% capacity
We oughta be able to sell that out....

I'm going to guess they allow 3-5 games per season ticket holder based on priority number, and a tiered game selection schedule based on priority number.

I'm keeping my tix active as well...