What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Pregame Thread

I think CU needs to use more motion, use the 10 personnel less, the pistol more and agree with what you suggest to get pass rush D to back off. In regards to personnel.. Any reason Tyler Johnson not being given a chance to compete to start? He seems to be best offensive guard CU has and was the highest rated xfer iol.
Also, how come Buell not being given more playing time on interior D-line, he is much better than Barnes.. a good starting B&B would be the block bully and Buell. and then why not give Hood more snaps at CB and O Miller more snaps and targets at WR? I did not like Prime's answer that it is about practice only.. O Miller is a gamer. I think Prime needs to coach like he played.. using all he can to put himself and the team and players in best position to succeed in each game. Someone is giving him bad advice that it is all about practice and he needs to take charge over personnel, no favoritism, and be game day results based in how he decides things.. also be more active in clock management etc.. and if he is guilty of daddy ball regarding SS2, he needs to stop it immediately as it will only hurt both his son and the team.

You talking PFF grades?

The stuff where guys make guesses on a players assignment then grade them based off those guesses?
My eyes make me, personally, think that Carter is a better fit. The PFF Grades say thus far, Shilo is. To say PFF is not a really solid rating and comparison format is just stupid. Knowing now that Shilo has graded out better, I won't say Carter is a better fit again unless Shilo makes some blatant mistakes and grades out poorly from here on out. If you don't trust PFF grades, what would you trust then?

Odd comment.

Is it possible the problem with Daddy ball is not SS2's performance, but rather the offenses performance because of the say he has in plays called, players to be used for those plays and the personnel formation to be used in addition to being able to check and and out of run or pass plays. Just my opinion, but he should have less of a say and more of a say should go to Pat Shurmur and both he and the team would benefit from this.
In goal to protect Shedeur, what is going on with the players chosen to start or rotate in on the offensive line? and is there coaching up to snuff? Tyler Brown is said to be the strongest O lineman, yet on some plays while he might be strong like Tarzan he is playing soft like Jane.. how can this be? Is he being moved around too much, does he need time to learn or is he not being coached well enough? Is Loadholt coaching them up enough and how much help if any is he getting from other coaches? Could CU benefit from Loadholt having a second on hands coach to coach the O-Line? Why not have two or more offensive line coaches? Loadholt is in his first year. Maybe he would benefit from getting an experienced analyst or additional offensive line coach to help assist him? And like a broken record.. what happened and why is Tyler Johnson not playing, let alone starting?

Is it possible the problem with Daddy ball is not SS2's performance, but rather the offenses performance because of the say he has in plays called, players to be used for those plays and the personnel formation to be used in addition to being able to check and and out of run or pass plays. Just my opinion, but he should have less of a say and more of a say should go to Pat Shurmur and both he and the team would benefit from this.
In goal to protect Shedeur, what is going on with the players chosen to start or rotate in on the offensive line? and is there coaching up to snuff? Tyler Brown is said to be the strongest O lineman, yet on some plays while he might be strong like Tarzan he is playing soft like Jane.. how can this be? Is he being moved around too much, does he need time to learn or is he not being coached well enough? Is Loadholt coaching them up enough and how much help if any is he getting from other coaches? Could CU benefit from Loadholt having a second on hands coach to coach the O-Line? Why not have two or more offensive line coaches? Loadholt is in his first year. Maybe he would benefit from getting an experienced analyst or additional offensive line coach to help assist him? And like a broken record.. what happened and why is Tyler Johnson not playing, let alone starting?
Paul Rudd Shut Up GIF

I don't understand the situation with the OL. I'm not knowledgeable, but I feel like, at worst, our OL should be 'average'.

Which would be, I'm guessing, 2-3 sacks per game. Is 8 sacks in a game, proof they know we won't run?

They have a 'natural grass' field and likely 1st class drainage. There may be no where to drain to.

Back