What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dana Holgorsen - HC West Virginia

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Dana Holgorsen

Holgorsen at 2017 Big 12 Media Days
Sport(s)Football
Current position
TitleHead coach
TeamWest Virginia
ConferenceBig 12
Record61–39
Annual salary$3,505,000 (2017)
Biographical details
BornJune 21, 1971 (age 47)
Davenport, Iowa
Playing career
1991–1992Iowa Wesleyan
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1993–1995Valdosta State (QB/WR/ST)
1996–1998Mississippi College(QB/WR/ST)
1999Wingate (QB/WR)
2000–2004Texas Tech (IWR)
2005–2006Texas Tech (co-OC/IWR)
2007Texas Tech (OC/IWR)
2008–2009Houston (OC/QB)
2010Oklahoma State (OC/QB)
2011–presentWest Virginia
Head coaching record
Overall61–39
Bowls2–4
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
1 Big East (2011)
Awards
FWAA First-Year Coach of the Year (2011)[1]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
West Virginia Mountaineers (Big East Conference) (2011)
2011West Virginia10–35–2T–1stW Orange1817
West Virginia Mountaineers (Big 12 Conference) (2012–present)
2012West Virginia7–64–5T–5thL Pinstripe
2013West Virginia4–82–7T–7th
2014West Virginia7–65–4T–4thL Liberty
2015West Virginia8–54–5T–5thW Cactus
2016West Virginia10–37–2T–2ndL Russell Athletic1718
2017West Virginia7–65–4T–4thL Heart of Dallas
2018West Virginia8–26–2
West Virginia:61–3938–31
Total:61–39
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ESPN mentioned Dana as a potential candidate: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rado-buffaloes-fire-head-coach-mike-macintyre

A coach drinking Red Bull Light on the sideline would be so Colorado:
danabull.gif

I'm 100% behind Dana...he'd bring the Air Raid offense to Boulder without the baggae of Leach.

Not to be a cynic but I'd be surprised if a successful P5 HC came to CU. It's pretty much a coaching graveyard. Sorry, just recent history. I hope that the better guys in the recruiting class stay with us, but the odds of that happening would be really helped by RG making a fast hire to limit the attrition. I hope that RG has had a replacement plan together since Oregon State, but you never know.

The next CU coach will be a G5 experiment or a P5 assistant experiment. As Dave Byrne says: "Same As It Ever Was" ....

Not to be a cynic but I'd be surprised if a successful P5 HC came to CU. It's pretty much a coaching graveyard. Sorry, just recent history. I hope that the better guys in the recruiting class stay with us, but the odds of that happening would be really helped by RG making a fast hire to limit the attrition. I hope that RG has had a replacement plan together since Oregon State, but you never know.

I tend to agree about not getting a top end coach, just because we can't have nice things, but I disagree about the national perception of the job.

After Embree, with ****ty facilities, no talent, and questionable support, I could see it, but we now have top end facilities, a strong, well supported AD, and enough talent for a good coach to springboard from. Our problem, imo, is lack of national exposure from being in the Pac-12.

houston went after him hard to replace herman. he's a bad ass. this would be an amazing ****ing hire. and, yes, we can pay. whomever we hire is going to get way more than mm was getting. dh is at something like 3.5 now. 4.5 and a chance to win conference championships and coach viska and montez ought to do it.

houston went after him hard to replace herman. he's a bad ass. this would be an amazing ****ing hire. and, yes, we can pay. whomever we hire is going to get way more than mm was getting. dh is at something like 3.5 now. 4.5 and a chance to win conference championships and coach viska and montez ought to do it.

Holgerson and the mullet are buddies. I’d say we’re this year’s Tennessee and will get used for several coach pay raises if we aren’t careful.

Back