What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Aranda - DC LSU

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
Dave Aranda
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

THE ARANDA FILE
Year at LSU: Third (appointed Jan. 1, 2016)
Birthdate: Sept. 29, 1976
Hometown: Redlands, Calif.
Wife: Dione
Children: Jaelyn, Jordyn, Ronin
High School: Redlands High School (1994)
College: California Lutheran (1999)
Postgraduate: Texas Tech (2002)
COACHING EXPERIENCE
1995 Redlands (Calif.) High School (defensive coordinator/linebackers/offensive line)
1996-99 California Lutheran (linebackers)
2000-02 Texas Tech (graduate assistant)
2003-04 Houston (linebackers)
2005-06 California Lutheran (defensive coordinator/linebackers)
2007 Delta State (co-defensive coordinator/secondary)
2008-11 Hawaii (defensive line, 2008-09; defensive coordinator, 2010-11)
2012 Utah State (defensive coordinator)
2013-15 Wisconsin (defensive coordinator/inside linebackers)
2016-18 LSU (defensive coordinator/linebackers)

Statistics[edit]

Team defensive statistics where Aranda was defensive coordinator.
Total DefensePassing DefenseRushing DefenseRef
2010Hawaii82nd100th57th[29]
2011Hawaii73rd92nd53rd[29]
2012Utah State15th39th15th[29]
2013Wisconsin9th25th5th[30]
2014Wisconsin9th9th24th[31]
2015Wisconsin2nd5th4th[32]
2016LSU5th14th10th[33]
2017LSU12th21st24th[34]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Does anyone have a sense of his recruiting? I can't say I ever recall him mentioned as a top notch recruiter.

He's paid $2.5 million a year as a DC, I'm sure we can still hire him, but probably requires a higher salary than the average coordinator guy.

Does anyone have a sense of his recruiting? I can't say I ever recall him mentioned as a top notch recruiter.

He's paid $2.5 million a year as a DC, I'm sure we can still hire him, but probably requires a higher salary than the average coordinator guy.

It'd take what HCMM was making to get him here-I'd rather have Lake.

For the record, there's probably no one who makes more sense than Aranda if we're targeting a P5 coordinator. He's the top guy and he has ties to our conference footprint plus Texas, Louisiana and Hawaii. There are "hotter" names out there, but there aren't better names and he's been very qualified for a HC job in the P5 for at least 4 years.

Didn't Aranda's Defense just give up 74 points in one game? Pass!

You do realize that game was the longest in college football history?

They don’t know he’s on our radar, but LSU fans are real scared they’re going to lose him and many would rather let Coach O go and hand the reigns to him. Granted, not the most reasonable fans in college football.

You do realize that game was the longest in college football history?

They don’t know he’s on our radar, but LSU fans are real scared they’re going to lose him and many would rather let Coach O go and hand the reigns to him. Granted, not the most reasonable fans in college football.
Not sure if UBL or not .

Back