What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**** 'Em Up, **** 'Em Up, Go CU!

WarBuff

Club Member
Took the family to the 2016 game in Tucson. Their band started playing Rock n Roll (part 2) and their crowd was so sparse that the CU section could be heard very clearly singing “Hey Go Buffs, Hey Go Buffs, Hey go Buffs F’em Up F’em Up Go CU”

Needless to say, the AZ band did not play that song for the rest of the game.

Arizona fans would be thrilled with a CU blowout, or anything that would hasten the exit of Sumlin as head coach. The $8 million buyout after January will probably keep him around for a Hawkins Year*.

*A Hawkins Year is an extra year in which everyone knows the coach will be fired, including players, parents, other coaches, media, and recruits, but budget woes force retention, ultimately resulting in worse financial losses for the school in the long run.

Don't forget that a Hawkins Year requires the head coach to go over the athletic director's head and plead for his job directly to the Chancellor after the AD had decided to fire the head coach while the athletic director is with the basketball team at a pre-season tournament in Hawaii and can't argue back. A spineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen of a Chancellor is required for the Hawkins Year to work.

Last edited:
Took the family to the 2016 game in Tucson. Their band started playing Rock n Roll (part 2) and their crowd was so sparse that the CU section could be heard very clearly singing “Hey Go Buffs, Hey Go Buffs, Hey go Buffs F’em Up F’em Up Go CU”

Needless to say, the AZ band did not play that song for the rest of the game.

Before you throw rocks in glass houses, it is important to remember that CU fans didn't used to add the "Go Buffs" after "Hey" until we were embarrassed in Tempe by Oregon fans chanting "Go Ducks" after we chanted "Hey" before and during the Fiesta Bowl in 2001/2002.

Related fun fact, students didn't start chanting **** em up **** em up go CU at the end of the Fight Song until a certain spineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen of a Chancellor told the band it couldn't play Rock and Roll Part 2 anymore because the TV cameras were picking up the curse words. I think this was in 2003 or 2004. The ban on Rock and Roll Part 2 lasted exactly one game, but the addition of **** em up to the Fight Song is now forever. Way to go, Phil, you stupid ****!

Before you throw rocks in glass houses, it is important to remember that CU fans didn't used to add the "Go Buffs" after "Hey" until we were embarrassed in Tempe by Oregon fans chanting "Go Ducks" after we chanted "Hey" before and during the Fiesta Bowl in 2001/2002.

Related fun fact, students didn't start chanting **** em up **** em up go CU at the end of the Fight Song until a certain spineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen of a Chancellor told the band it couldn't play Rock and Roll Part 2 anymore because the TV cameras were picking up the curse words. I think this was in 2003 or 2004. The ban on Rock and Roll Part 2 lasted exactly one game, but the addition of **** em up to the Fight Song is now forever. Way to go, Phil, you stupid ****!
Your history is a little off. We were chanting **** em up at least in the mid 90s (and earlier from what tales of the 80s that I remembered from then fifth year seniors).

Your history is a little off. We were chanting **** em up at least in the mid 90s (and earlier from what tales of the 80s that I remembered from then fifth year seniors).

After the Fight Song? **** em up was always at the end of Rock and Roll Part 2 for as long as I can remember, but we never did it after the Fight Song that I can recall (started going to games regularly in 1995) until after Voldemort tried to ban Rock and Roll Part 2.

BS. I was yelling **** 'em up in 1989.

After the Fight Song? **** em up was always at the end of Rock and Roll Part 2 for as long as I can remember, but we never did it after the Fight Song that I can recall (started going to games regularly in 1995) until after Voldemort tried to ban Rock and Roll Part 2.
Yes. Fight song and R&R pt2

I have video (and Announcer commentary ) that says this isn't true - **** em up **** em up go CU was in at LEAST as early as 96.

Also, I hate DiStephano as much (and probably more ) than the next guy, but the decision to change / remove the hey cheer (Band Cheer #3) came from one Bitsy Hoffman through her sock puppet Bynny.

The band was ordered to change it to not have the repeat section where the chant is made - then to not play it. Came from the top.

I have video (and Announcer commentary ) that says this isn't true - **** em up **** em up go CU was in at LEAST as early as 96.

Also, I hate DiStephano as much (and probably more ) than the next guy, but the decision to change / remove the hey cheer (Band Cheer #3) came from one Bitsy Hoffman through her sock puppet Bynny.

The band was ordered to change it to not have the repeat section where the chant is made - then to not play it. Came from the top.

Provide the video of **** em up after the Fight Song, please.

You are correct though, I forgot about the initial change to the song before the outright ban. And I forgot it was a different spineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen Chancellor behind it.

Provide the video of **** em up after the Fight Song, please.

You are correct though, I forgot about the initial change to the song before the outright ban. And I forgot it was a different spineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen Chancellor behind it.
I remember being at the game where the band changed the song. Then they just stopped playing it. It was infuriating.

I remember being at the game where the band changed the song. Then they just stopped playing it. It was infuriating.
We had no option. Director didn't want any of the kids to get hurt - assholes were throwing everything they had, including some random nebraskan's grandmother. I think we had 1/2 of the stadium security between us and the student section, and it wasn't enough.

We had no option. Director didn't want any of the kids to get hurt - assholes were throwing everything they had, including some random nebraskan's grandmother. I think we had 1/2 of the stadium security between us and the student section, and it wasn't enough.
I knew better than to blame the band. Y'all degenerates want to be rowdy. Assholes throwing things at the band is ****ed up.

(Any boos and or swear words that originated from me at the time were not directed at the bandmembers but at the higher ups)

IT wasn't both in 2001, I can tell ya that.

...I'm with manhattan and NYC on this one. I fully admit I coudl be wrong, I recall hearing the chant after the fight song and R&R P2 as a freshman in '00. A friend swear he rememebers hearing that in the 90s as well..

Moved this so as not to pollute the game thread.

However, I call shenanigans on this. The band is always protected by the drunk guys in the first row behind the tubas who are always calling for the Tuba Cheer the entire game long. No one could throw **** at the band and get away with it!

Moved this so as not to pollute the game thread.

However, I call shenanigans on this. The band is always protected by the drunk guys in the first row behind the tubas who are always calling for the Tuba Cheer the entire game long. No one could throw **** at the band and get away with it!
I've been in and / or working for the band since 1996. I can assure you, that row of people are at best slightly annoying, and at worst the reason I've had to call security 4 times in the same game.

Unless you were all suddenly superman clones, you had no say in what we got hit with that game, or many, many others. It is what it is, but for some reason people who have no way to defend themselves are the favorite target of drunken idiots who have no class. JMHO.

Back