What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

Chip Kelly has NEVER liked recruiting. He did not suddenly become disinterested in that part of the job at UCLA.

He also hates booster engagement, which is a major reason why UCLA's NIL budget is so paltry.
Heard plenty about him over the years from a lot of different people that kinda led me to one conclusion. Dude appears to be a fvcking asshole. :D Could be wrong I guess.

Vince Lombardi was an asshole.
Complex guy. He was also very adamant about equality regardless of race or sexual orientation. That equality meant he treated everyone like a dog, but wouldn't countenance someone being treated differently or being disrespected over those things.

Vince Lombardi was an asshole.
Did EB ever come up with a gem like this (since a comparison was made :ROFLMAO: )

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”​

Complex guy. He was also very adamant about equality regardless of race or sexual orientation. That equality meant he treated everyone like a dog, but wouldn't countenance someone being treated differently or being disrespected over those things.
Because the rich, white owners weren't going to allow for a significant step forward it didn't happen but multiple times when asked who he would recommend as a candidate to be a head coach of a team he multiple times recommended Emlen Tunnell who would have been the NFL's first Black head coach in the modern era (Fritz Pollard had been a HC in the 1920's). He was the second Black assistant coach in the modern era and the first to coach for multiple seasons.

An interesting article about him.

https://www.packers.com/news/the-1960s-packers-a-product-of-vince-lombardi-s-prejudice-free-culture

the only level where eb will ever be a hc is g5 or worse if hes now taking an OC job under a first time hc with a very questionable resume
Seems he doesn’t mind playing second fiddle to someone he should arguably be the HC over.

His resume is as better than Foster and Embree

I can't see too many places where one would hire a 55+ first time head coach. His HC ship has sailed

at the higher level of the sport, which exactly my point. but you decided to cut that part out of your quote and drastically altered my statement in the process.

Another chance to prove himself
Maybe he gets a top college job after a year or two
Happy for him, hope they find some magic
All the dis is warranted, but hope you all wish him well

just for the record, but this thread has essentially gone from "nfl teams will queue up to hire him and he can pick where he wants go!" to "he keeps getting shut out just because hes black!" to "getting fired by the commanders" to "hes now a college oc under a career position coach at a school where the hc left to become the oc elsewhere"

the only level where eb will ever be a hc is g5 or worse if hes now taking an OC job under a first time hc with a very questionable resume
Going to DC was a bad idea, but let's be clear here......the NFL still has a minority hiring problem.

If 9 minority coaches is seen as some kind of positive step, uh oh. Last thing-you can't rationally argue that useless white guys like McDaniels and Hackett aren't more qualified to be NFL HCs than EB is.....but there are people like Benjamin Allbright who continue to use the fact that he got in trouble with the law 20 years ago as a defense of the Broncos not taking him more seriously as a candidate.

Last edited:
Going to DC was a bad idea, but let's be clear here......the NFL still has a minority hiring problem.

If 9 minority coaches is seen as some kind of positive step, uh oh. Last thing-you can't rationally argue that useless white guys like McDaniels and Hackett aren't more qualified to be NFL HCs than EB is.....but there are people like Benjamin Allbright who continue to use the fact that he got in trouble with the law 20 years ago as a defense of the Broncos not taking him more seriously as a candidate.
It really doesn't have anything to do with "qualifications" though.

at the higher level of the sport, which exactly my point. but you decided to cut that part out of your quote and drastically altered my statement in the process.
Yeah - unfortunately it looks like his ceiling is now sonny lubick (to be clear for the mouth breathers: I'm saying his ceiling is likely generational coach at a g5). Not because of his inability to do better than that, but simply because no one is going to give him the opportunity to do better than that.

Back