What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

Is Houston a better job with Watson but zero draft capital for years or without Watson but some dry powder in the draft and a risky replacement QB for a year or two like Tua, Lock, or Garroppolo?

Is Houston a better job with Watson but zero draft capital for years or without Watson but some dry powder in the draft and a risky replacement QB for a year or two like Tua, Lock, or Garroppolo?
Better for trade with Jets (Fields) or a Miami (Tua) plus picks to build team/fill gaps. IMO.

I want EB to get the opportunity, the Jets or Texans though, idk? Hope he can end up with a solid franchise.

Jack Easterby... You can read his bio on Houston's website, but he's been a "Character Coach" for most of his time in the NFL and founded a Christian non profit a while back.

Edit: What Sewell posted
Good for Jack, but people also have the Freedom of no religion, or of anything they want to do. Can really sour a locker room.

The Texans interviewing Jim Caldwell and Josh McCown (whose coaching resume includes being a QB coach for his son’s HS program) doesn’t seem to bode well for EB.

Listening to the last KC game and comments afterwards, it seemed like the nfl and media had agreed to avoid praising Eric. It all sux.

The Jets job would be my first choice for EB. The fans love their team. Keep Sam Darnold and do well in FA and the draft, the Jets can compete next season. Unlike Houston that will most likely lose their QB.

Yes, there are likely some sub conscious or even blatant racial biases at play, but when half the league has interviewed him and gone a different direction, it is not the reason
Like an unintentional thought crime.

I have always believed that it's a symptom of a racist society. I didn't believe that this is overt or intentional racism where we have owners and executives in the NFL thinking "no black guy will ever run my team". You may have some outlier cases of that, but it's not the systemic problem. The systemic problem is racial bias embedded into how we are socialized. This leads to different standards for different people in the hiring process because people of color have to overcome ingrained bias the interviewer is likely unaware he has.

However...

After years of educating and emphasizing these things to NFL executives, I don't think I can believe they are unaware of their unintentional biases and that the problem is solvable by education. Hell, the NFL has gone so far as to mandate interviews and reward minority hiring decisions with competitive advantages. Still it gets no better.

So I now believe we have a problem of it being a full blown racist billionaire boys club that dominates NFL ownership.

I have always believed that it's a symptom of a racist society. I didn't believe that this is overt or intentional racism where we have owners and executives in the NFL thinking "no black guy will ever run my team". You may have some outlier cases of that, but it's not the systemic problem. The systemic problem is racial bias embedded into how we are socialized. This leads to different standards for different people in the hiring process because people of color have to overcome ingrained bias the interviewer is likely unaware he has.

However...

After years of educating and emphasizing these things to NFL executives, I don't think I can believe they are unaware of their unintentional biases and that the problem is solvable by education. Hell, the NFL has gone so far as to mandate interviews and reward minority hiring decisions with competitive advantages. Still it gets no better.

So I now believe we have a problem of it being a full blown racist billionaire boys club that dominates NFL ownership.

Ummmm great take, I guess. Hopefully EB gets the Texans job. But it will be very interesting to see this thread if EB does not get that job, and if the Texans hire a black head coach.

Back