What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

Houston number one. Top 4 qb in the league at 25 years old
LA 2: solid team and young QB
Jacksonville: lots of cap space and an opportunity to make it work with Lawrence
Atlanta: solid 1-2 year window but aging offensive talent and
Jets: Terrible organization but darnold/number 2 pick could be an opportunity to hit
Lions: who the **** wants that job?

Seems like Houston has a couple of good receivers with Cooks and Fuller. But I haven't watched them and am just going by the numbers
Someone has to catch passes. Those guys are WR2, at best. David Johnson is whatever at RB, no TE, suspect OL, JJ Watt possibly gone and no 1st or 2nd round pick this year.

I'm not saying EB won't go there, as that's probably what will happen, I'm just saying that job feels like a need for a veteran coach with some credibility who can cobble together a squad with almost no resources over the next couple seasons until the 2022 Rookies are brought in and can compete. Bill O'Brien ****ed that franchise right in the asshole.

atlanta has an ageing roster with horrible contracts
Sure. But they get to either pick their QB of the future at 4 overall, take a franchise Tackle, take a franchise CB or LB, or trade back and accumulate more picks. At the same time, the roster is still very talented on offense and it can be a win now situation as well.

No. I’ve never been a Herbert fan. I just don’t see it with him.
I really wish you were right in terms of playing our Buffs and Broncos, but he is legit! Sucks that the Chargers have found the franchise guy in one draft after Rivers, while we are still swimming upstream.

Someone has to catch passes. Those guys are WR2, at best. David Johnson is whatever at RB, no TE, suspect OL, JJ Watt possibly gone and no 1st or 2nd round pick this year.

I'm not saying EB won't go there, as that's probably what will happen, I'm just saying that job feels like a need for a veteran coach with some credibility who can cobble together a squad with almost no resources over the next couple seasons until the 2022 Rookies are brought in and can compete. Bill O'Brien ****ed that franchise right in the asshole.
Their cap is in terrible shape, EB should steer clear and point them towards Kafka. Pieces to work with, but going to have a lot of 3-7th round guys get major PT.

Thinking about this from an ownership standpoint, the Atlanta job is probably the best as they are willing to do what it takes to win, and Atlanta is a happening place these days, with a great stadium and great support.
Chargers ownership is garbage, and the Texans just seem stupid

Which is why I view LAC as a better job than HOU. If Herbert is on track to be at a similar level of Watson, why would you go somewhere with half the amount of talent and no draft picks?
Because Watson is better and the chargers ownership sucks.

Sure. But they get to either pick their QB of the future at 4 overall, take a franchise Tackle, take a franchise CB or LB, or trade back and accumulate more picks. At the same time, the roster is still very talented on offense and it can be a win now situation as well.

i guess the question is whether you see this is a 1-2 years or 5 year thing and i see it as the latter

Can Atlanta hire EB this week? Is there any rules or process that is normally followed this time around?

I see Atlanta as both a 1-2 year thing and beyond.

Maybe. I think my problem with that job is Matt Ryan and the fact that I think he'll leave on his terms as Blank is loyal to him. I think you need to be aware of that if you go there.

Urban Meyer wants $12 million per year to coach the Jags!
EB would likely get about $5.5 - $6 Million per season for likely about 5-6 years.

Back