What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

Is EB ahead of these three college coaches if they are interested?

1. Urb
2. Harbaugh
3. Mullen
All 3 are proven HC which is advantage over EB. I’d put him ahead of Mullen but behind the other two.

Mullen seems like a college coach all the way to me - I don’t see him as an NFL fit.

Love or hate Harbaugh, but in 4 NFL seasons he won 3 division titles and went to 3 NFC championship games.

Urban has some mythical quality to him that I’m sure an owner wouldn’t be able to pass up.

So he makes more sense because Urban's not a QB guru and with Urban they wouldn't be getting Lawrence or going through a rebuild?

I think he makes more sense than Urban there.

I feel like Urban's fit is the Chargers. Just a gut feeling.

I think he makes more sense than Urban there.

I feel like Urban's fit is the Chargers. Just a gut feeling.
I'm just wondering why you think Urban's successor is better than Urban, and so far you've given me the following reasons...

1. Ryan Day isn't OK with losing
2. Ryan Day is a QB guru (as if Urban Meyer isn't??)
3. Gut feeling

Do better Andrew

Mullen showing up to a video conference in a darth vader mask probably doomed his NFL chances.

I'm just wondering why you think Urban's successor is better than Urban, and so far you've given me the following reasons...

1. Ryan Day isn't OK with losing
2. Ryan Day is a QB guru (as if Urban Meyer isn't??)
3. Gut feeling

Do better Andrew

Ryan Day is all of those things. Urban has already left two jobs because of health issues. Could they have been brought on by things that come when you coach in college vs. the pros? Sure.

I think Meyer's health history doesn't make him a great fit for a mess like Jacksonville, but just my personal view.

Is Urban Meyer really a legit choice for some of these NFL teams? Granted, he was a great college coach, but I’m struggling with the idea that he is somehow the lead candidate for several NFL head coaching jobs. Is there really something to these stories or is this just sports writers throwing names out there hoping to get some traction?

Is Urban Meyer really a legit choice for some of these NFL teams? Granted, he was a great college coach, but I’m struggling with the idea that he is somehow the lead candidate for several NFL head coaching jobs. Is there really something to these stories or is this just sports writers throwing names out there hoping to get some traction?

There is something to those stories.

Why do you question it? Top 2 college coach during his time. Won at 4 different programs at different levels of the sport.

Not to harp specifically on Urb (because I think he's a great coach), how many college coaches have been successful at the pro level? I can only think of Pete Carroll at the moment.

Why do you question it? Top 2 college coach during his time. Won at 4 different programs at different levels of the sport.
He’s been out of coaching for two years and has never coached in the NFL. Add to that his reported health issues and it would seem to me that there should be a lot better candidates.

Joe Brady was a graduate assistant 4 years ago - if he’s seriously being considered for an NFL head job at 31 years old (and I don’t think he is), that’s the most meteoric rise I can think of.

And LOL at Jason Garrett - one year guiding the 2nd worst offense in the NFL gets you an interview now?

Back