What's new

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

ChiefsGM

New Member
(Mod updating original post with coaching profile)

Age: 49

Organization: Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

Current Position: Offensive Coordinator

Former Positions:

Record and Awards:

Notable Recruits:
Phillip Lindsay - RB (3*)

Coaching Notes:


------------------------------------------
(Original post continues below)

Sorry to repeat the obvious. MM is a great guy but unless a miracle happens the next 2 weeks I think the writing is on the wall that we aren't getting to the next level with this staff. Leave-it wasn't the whole story, but that NFL experience sure helped the 2016 team.

If a change is made I really hope we make a run at Eric Bieniemy for HC. We need that NFL experience back. He's proven. He's passionate. he's an ass kicker. He's what we need to get to the next level.

I'm surprised his name isn't coming up more TBH. Why not?

Who remembers seeing him jump up and down on the sidelines amping up his players? I sure do. And I think that is the missing piece.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

B_Walk

Cursed
Sorry to repeat the obvious. MM is a great guy but unless a miracle happens the next 2 weeks I think the writing is on the wall that we aren't getting to the next level with this staff. Leave-it wasn't the whole story, but that NFL experience sure helped the 2016 team.

If a change is made I really hope we make a run at Eric Bieniemy for HC. We need that NFL experience back. He's proven. He's passionate. he's an ass kicker. He's what we need to get to the next level.

I'm surprised his name isn't coming up more TBH. Why not?

Who remembers seeing him jump up and down on the sidelines amping up his players? I sure do. And I think that is the missing piece.
You really want to go down that road again?
 
S

Sad Buffalo Noises

Guest
EB is the biggest boom/bust candidate possible.

On the one hand, he’s spent the last 5 years learning from one of the greatest offensive minds in all of football, who also happens to be one of the best ever at grooming future head coaches.

On the other hand, he didn’t have the demeanor to coach college kids when he was last here and there’s no guarantee he’d be any better now. Personally I think 5 years under Andy Reid would have made him a bit less...ruthless? But it’s still likely not going to be a good fit.

If we hired him it would be like a 10% chance we become a top 5 program and a 90% chance it’s a complete disaster with nothing in between

Besides, why would he want to come here? He knows he is guaranteed a future NFL head coaching job in a year or two
 
  • Like
Reactions: SBP

gobuffs58

so tired of losing
no way to eb....no way to mw coaches i dont care what their win loss record is...how about a young aggressive o cord or d cord at a top program?...otherwise just bring mac back and we /me just deals with it
 

buff4bcs1985

Hope Poisons the Soul
Club Member
Sorry to repeat the obvious. MM is a great guy but unless a miracle happens the next 2 weeks I think the writing is on the wall that we aren't getting to the next level with this staff. Leave-it wasn't the whole story, but that NFL experience sure helped the 2016 team.

If a change is made I really hope we make a run at Eric Bieniemy for HC. We need that NFL experience back. He's proven. He's passionate. he's an ass kicker. He's what we need to get to the next level.

I'm surprised his name isn't coming up more TBH. Why not?

Who remembers seeing him jump up and down on the sidelines amping up his players? I sure do. And I think that is the missing piece.
obvious troll is obvious
 

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
If EB hadn't been part of that Embree regime, I think we'd be talking about him before this thread and there would be a good deal of support.

It's hard to know how much of what went wrong was EB's fault. He did seem to be the guy who was doing everything (maybe too much?). I remember him visiting basically every recruit. Our main complain was with his performance as OC. He has clearly improved a ton in that regard after being mentored by Andy Reid.

I go back to when they closed practices because of the secrecy around the new offense in year two. EB had installed the Okie Lite offense with some wrinkles of using the flashcards and going faster than OSU the way Chip was doing things in Oregon. Scrapping an entire offense in the first half of the first game out of frustration against CSU screamed "amateur hour" to me and is a big reason that staff lost me. That made it clear that what was going on was way too emotional and unstable with the leadership. Was that EB's decision or was it Embree's? To me, that's the most important question to answer before I'd consider EB for HC.
 

BuffinCali

Club Member
Club Member
"Idiot Pills", "Blow Me", "only if Embree return as OC" - so you all aren't feeling EB on Senior day? Thanks for the laughs, you literally brought tears to my eyes. Can we get back to a realistic search, before I drum up memories of EB calling Marcus Houston "Markeesha" or the time he credited himself for Adrian Peterson's 2,000 yard season (even thought he was 2 years removed as the Vikings RB coach)... Love EB as a player and his passion for the game. As the next CU head coach - not a chance
 

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
EB is a legendary Buff and his stellar play on the field luckily overshadowed his unfortunate run as OC under Embree. I have always been on record saying how great of a Running Backs Coach he was and is, and would get hired as a RB Coach on almost any NFL or College team, but I do not want him back at CU unless he goes somewhere and proves he could actually be a Head Coach. Until then I will just cheer and support the guy, except when the Chefs play the Broncos.
 

manhattanbuf

Club Member
Club Member
EB will be an NFL HC after his current gig in KC. Nik makes a great point that EB would be on the list to replace macintyre if he weren’t on the Embo staff. That’s because EB is a significantly better coach today than he was then. The past is the past, though, so we move forward.
 

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
We need an experienced and proven head coach. Someone who has been successful at a high level. We don’t need an experiment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SBP

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
Seems like EB should head off to somewhere like UNLV or New Mexico or San Jose State for a 2 to 4 year HC gig to show he can coach and run his offense. If successful, he would have big colleges and even NFL opportunities everywhere. Amazed that he would somehow go be an NFL coach straight away? Doesn’t VJ prove that you need more experience!
 

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
EB will be an NFL HC after his current gig in KC. Nik makes a great point that EB would be on the list to replace macintyre if he weren’t on the Embo staff. That’s because EB is a significantly better coach today than he was then. The past is the past, though, so we move forward.
EB is much better suited for the NFL than the college game because of his temperament. He is a bright guy who is willing to risk and fail and learn from it.

I do think he will be a HC in the NFL in the near future and I think like almost all first time NFL head coaches he will fail. An amazingly high percentage of the top guys in the league failed at their first attempt.

Unfortunately for EB while the NFL has moved much faster than the college game in being willing to hire black head coaches it still hasn't shown the same willingness to give them the second job after making their mistakes at the first one. Few black head coaches have gotten multiple shots with quality jobs. Anthonly Lynn got the Chargers job as his second HC job but in the last decade he is the only one I found.
 
Last edited:
Top