What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Evan "Big Gravy" Battey (Signed to COLORADO)

To be fair, Dom didn't have great role models ahead of him. See Wes Gordon. Hard to believe those guys spent 4 years in a strength and conditioning program.
Dom should have had self motivation to be as good as he could be. I don't know if he did or not, but I'm not going to blame poor upperclass leadership.

Dom should have had self motivation to be as good as he could be. I don't know if he did or not, but I'm not going to blame poor upperclass leadership.
Fair enough. I'm just saying it is good to see someone new to the program obviously putting the work in. We didn't always see that in the past.

We don't get to see him play but getting rid of all the excess weight has to make him quicker. To be successful in Tad's system he is going to have to be able to move on both offense and defense as well as get up and down the floor.

The guy in the after picture looks like a guy who should be much more able to do that. The picture though also shows a guy who is only going to move when he wants to, that is a lot of muscle for a basketball player.

When he was recruited they talked about potential. Looks like he is busy turning potential into a guy who can produce results.

We don't get to see him play but getting rid of all the excess weight has to make him quicker. To be successful in Tad's system he is going to have to be able to move on both offense and defense as well as get up and down the floor.

The guy in the after picture looks like a guy who should be much more able to do that. The picture though also shows a guy who is only going to move when he wants to, that is a lot of muscle for a basketball player.

When he was recruited they talked about potential. Looks like he is busy turning potential into a guy who can produce results.
He's also flexing in the second picture which shows self confidence and pride. Both good things.

He's getting pigeon legs though.

Hasn't been on the court for 1 second of game time and I already love this guy.

He's had multiple bad breaks and just keeps staying positive and working to be a better player and person.

We have a gem in Katie Bason as well. These guys all seem to love her. We are seeing fewer kids in academic trouble than I remember in the past and we have kids graduating including some difficult degree areas.

I don’t know what his medical issues were, but it may have been fortuitous, for a couple of reasons, that he had to sit out this season. First, it could be possible that if he’d been playing, whatever it was that happened may have had a worse outcome. Second, he didn’t have it happen after playing a half season then having to sit the rest of the season out.

Note the heart rate monitor. Stating an obvious, but definitely constant monitoring of his cardiovascular condition.

Has his condition totally been diagnosed and/or released? I've heard stroke "like", but not really a stroke ("a brain attack, or brain loses blood flow")

He's had multiple bad breaks and just keeps staying positive and working to be a better player and person.

We have a gem in Katie Bason as well. These guys all seem to love her. We are seeing fewer kids in academic trouble than I remember in the past and we have kids graduating including some difficult degree areas.
A big partof the academic success is Joe Jupille.

Back