What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

For the record, I love forever Buffs as young position coaches. All the elite programs do this because they connect with young players and recruit very well. It's when we get to other positions in the organization where hiring a Buff due to that being a significant bonus on the resume when it becomes a problem, imo, which leads to stagnation and the acceptance of mediocrity without consequences.

Last edited:
That is not really accurate. EB had a lot more time in coaching than DC has and he was considered a very good coach at CU, UCLA, and the Vikings before he came back to CU. You seem to overlook that he had been a NFL assistant for 5 years before he came back to CU, he had been promoted to assistant HC for the Vikings - recruiting is not part of the equation in the NFL so his promotion was merit based. He had no problem being hired by Andy Reid after leaving CU - Reid doesn't hire guys who can't coach.
Just out of curiosity, how good is EB if, say, Jay Cutler/2021 Andy Dalton is his QB? Asking for a Bears fan.

Just out of curiosity, how good is EB if, say, Jay Cutler/2021 Andy Dalton is his QB? Asking for a Bears fan.
Don Shula use to say "...bad luck is not having a quarterback." I don't think any coach can overcome the lack of a quality QB. In the NFL, I think a good coach is well organized, manages his assistants, is highly competitive and has his team ready to play. In college a good coach has to have those same things and also be a premier recruiter.

Tell the Bears Fan to switch to a different team.

the guy is a Buff and is working hard to move up. it was a ballsy move to take a temp step down to be a hc and then prove it there.

there are quite a number of former Buffs that i loved as players and assistants who have not had the nerve to make the move that chev did-- the pay cut was probably brutal among other things.

good on him and i hope he kicks ass.

as for our man, EB, he's done wonders with sam howell this season. he turned the guy into a legit dependable nfl starting qb.

not having mahomes and all those skill guys is a recipe for going backwards (see the glorified bill belichek post brady) and EB is doing a good job.

the athletic just did an anonymous survey of nfl players and mahomes was hands-down voted the best qb in the league. that hides a whole bunch of sins. see brady at tampa bay for example.

our guys are our guys and i hope they all have great success. small time programs have to hire legacies (jonathan smith at oregon state). we aren't that and we need to remember that.

the guy is a Buff and is working hard to move up. it was a ballsy move to take a temp step down to be a hc and then prove it there.

there are quite a number of former Buffs that i loved as players and assistants who have not had the nerve to make the move that chev did-- the pay cut was probably brutal among other things.

as for our man, EB, he's done wonders with sam howell this season. he turned the guy into a legit dependable nfl starting qb.

not having mahomes and all those skill guys is a recipe for going backwards (see the glorified bill belichek post brady) and EB is doing a good job.

the athletic just did an anonymous survey of nfl players and mahomes was hands-down voted the best qb in the league. that hides a whole bunch of sins. see brady at tampa bay for example.

our guys are our guys and i hope they all have great success. small time programs have to hire legacies (jonathan smith at oregon state). we aren't that and we need to remember that.
Somewhere I saw posted, probably on twitter, that Washington is up in every offensive category and KC is down.

This is where Im at. It takes balls to be the head guy and put it together and coaching it the way you want. Some of his kids could go on to play D1 ball as transfers. Kudos to him.

I think Bienemy is missed in KC, but Travis Kelce is the only weapon on the team and he’s getting old. He gets his stats here and there, but he gets double teamed all game and the WR group there is terrible.

I think Bienemy is missed in KC, but Travis Kelce is the only weapon on the team and he’s getting old. He gets his stats here and there, but he gets double teamed all game and the WR group there is terrible.
I think he’s done after this year. Read a piece about him talking about how much his body hurts, not suprisng considering his position.

Also he has been doing a massive amount of advertisements recently, which only happens during your prime or right before you try and cash out at the end.

I wasnt aware of his external attributes….

vince vaughn motorboat GIF

I think he’s done after this year. Read a piece about him talking about how much his body hurts, not suprisng considering his position.

Also he has been doing a massive amount of advertisements recently, which only happens during your prime or right before you try and cash out at the end.
Not to mention his gf is a billionaire and arguably the most famous person in the world

She only writes about her exs. And about 10 songs about John Mayer (bastard).
Oh! It’s just been background noise since about 2021, when my wife started streaming one of her albums. When I did pay attention, I was underwhelmed by the T.Swift experience.

Not to mention his gf is a billionaire and arguably the most famous person in the world

He needs to not pull a Brady and alienate his sugar mama by choosing football over her.

The question is, if he is thinking about giving it up, does Jason winning another ring make Travis want to stick around to try to one up him? Those guys seem like the goofy brothers who **** around with each other but deep down really care about **** like that.

Back