What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Simple reality is that if CU continues to try to run a program on the cheap we are either going to have coaches that leave or coaches that nobody wants.

In that case I'd rather have coaches that leave.

Put some actual emphasis on winning, be willing to spend some money, not just on the coach but support, and this program can be a winner.

What they don't get is that if they give that kind of support to the right guy and the program becomes decent then the revenues and donor support will support keeping that coach from most other jobs that aren't the elite type of positions.

No reason why CU should be losing a coach to most P5 programs.
While I agree that CU is trying to run the program on the cheap, what we’re getting on the field is pathetic even taking that into account. Taking a high school coach and paying him more doesn’t make him better. Giving MM’s buddies raises didn’t make sense. Ultimately, I get trying to be cheap but I don’t get being stupid with the budget we have.

While I agree that CU is trying to run the program on the cheap, what we’re getting on the field is pathetic even taking that into account. Taking a high school coach and paying him more doesn’t make him better. Giving MM’s buddies raises didn’t make sense. Ultimately, I get trying to be cheap but I don’t get being stupid with the budget we have.
No disagreement.

Not only have we gone cheap with our hires but they have also been obsessed with zero risk guys. Character and looking politically correct is more important than winning right now.

Chev called a stretch run, a play that hasn't worked all game, on the first play of the series, down 20 with 33 seconds left in the third q... Lewis played worse than he did against A&M no doubt but as I type this cu has 28 yards of offense, they would've better better off calling QB sneak every play. When your playcalling is so unimaginative, 90% of the time lining up under center is a stretch run, 1 throw downfield all game, weak route combos etc .... Clemson would've struggled against this defense.

#firethewhole****ingstaff
I in no way endorse the coaching of KD, but you just can’t fire a guy with a winning record after 9 games. That would be a very bad look.

As for Chev and Coach Sled…
go away gtfo GIF

I tend to agree, but if you woke up tomorrow morning to the news that KD was let go, would you really be disappointed?

A bad look? This ****ing team is an entire ****inh bad look. If the players coached themselves it wouldn't look worse.
A bad look because any coaches we would look to hire would see that we canned a guy that had improved on his predecessor without even giving him a full 12-24 games to prove himself.

We’re already not a top-tier job, firing KD now would put us in a real tough spot in the coaching carousel.

Exactly, timid and weak……fire Chev now….or admit that you just don’t care. I thought KD was an offense guy?
I think KD is on the right track, it takes a while to build a team, it’s the weak sisters on the staff that need to go…..Chev a great recruiter? I can find a boatload of two and 2.5 star guys every Friday night here in Georgia that would love to come to Colorado..

Here's the thing to ask yourself when evaluating any of our coaches: do you see a reasonable chance that his job performance would lead to a program with more money than us hiring him away?

If the answer is "no", we have the wrong guy.
The gains and continuity of the Mel Tucker era was sooooo worth it 😩

I'm not 100% sure that's true.

He definitely doesn't want a mercenary who will treat this as a stepping stone job with no chance of staying long-term.

But he wouldn't have made a play for Sark if he demanded a CU lifer.

This. The problem is who ISNT a mercenary? And are they worth it if theyre not one?

I also sometimes wonder if CU puts up some extra challenges thats known in the coaching community and makes it place to avoid or accept greater difficulty. Thus, what seems to us like a great destination, actually isnt. Tucker comes to mind. As do others that outright avoided us

Last edited:
Back