What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

The problem is there is no real depth. Full stop. The youth excuse is weak.

Also, Pursell was indeed dreadful on Saturday, considering he did not play.

I disagree we have depth. It is not an excuse, it is a reality. Well who ever played center was awful. Kutsch did play. The guy that played center against UNC and ATM was also awful. Coaching has been awful. Seniors haven't played well. I personally don't have any loyality to seniors that are not playing well. It might be time to bench both Pursell and Kutsch.

I disagree we have depth. It is not an excuse, it is a reality. Well who ever played center was awful. Kutsch did play. The guy that played center against UNC and ATM was also awful. Coaching has been awful. Seniors haven't played well. I personally don't have any loyality to seniors that are not playing well. It might be time to bench both Pursell and Kutsch.
If you have a bunch of guys that aren't ready, tyhey are just bodies. That's not depth.

If you have a bunch of guys that aren't ready, tyhey are just bodies. That's not depth.

This is College not the NFL or Bama. Most programs in College have a bunch of guys that are not ready to play. Need 2 or 3 years to develop into a college OL Not every one is Bama, that can get bluechippers ready to step in. Bama just reloads. The injury to Filip and the early departure of Sherman hurt the program. Filip couldn't lift as much because of his shoulder injury. Basically missed one year of offseason weightlifting program.

I'm confident we have different definitions of depth.

To me, depth = backup who could reasonably start for teams in the bottom half of the P12 or upper tier G5 teams.

It absolutely does not mean guys who shouldn't see the field this season.

This is College not the NFL or Bama. Most programs in College have a bunch of guys that are not ready to play. Need 2 or 3 years to develop into a college OL Not every one is Bama, that can get bluechippers ready to step in. Bama just reloads. The injury to Filip and the early departure of Sherman hurt the program. Filip couldn't lift as much because of his shoulder injury. Basically missed one year of offseason weightlifting program.

You said we had depth AFTER Sherman left and Fillip had to sit out the spring.

I'm confident we have different definitions of depth.

To me, depth = backup who could reasonably start for teams in the bottom half of the P12 or upper tier G5 teams.

It absolutely does not mean guys who shouldn't see the field this season.

That definition applies to a NFL depth chat not most College programs that have to develop players, not get them from free agency or if they Bama. I am talking about class disparity. Lots of underclassemn that are inxperienced and need development that I think could turn out to be good players. I really like the Tanks and the commit Edwards. Filip with more weight room work could be a NFL draft prospect. The problem with cU is the early departures and poor recuriting have led to lack of the traditional NFL two deep depth chart made up upperclassemen ready to play.

The problem with cU is the early departures and poor recuriting have led to lack of the traditional NFL two deep depth chart made up upperclassemen ready to play.
How do you reconcile this statement with us having Oline depth? What you are describing above (poor recruiting, lack of upperclassmen in 2 deep who can contribute) is the exact opposite of “depth” . How you don’t get that is astounding.

People on here were saying, CU has no depth, CU Oline is terible. Basically saying every single tackle is terrible. Will not name names, they were saying ATM is going to destroy us, no chance. I responded by saying that is not true, yes we have talent, we have depth, but the depth is young and inexperienced, Not ready to play, will need time to develop. Also said need to look at the transfer portal.

The aTm game can be summed up as the defense played out of their damn minds for like 65 of 70 ish aTm snaps against a back up QB that found his mojo at juusst the right time to snatch the victory. The offense played inspired in the first half. Big game. Emotion. Circled game on the calendar stuff. Then aTm defense started figuring things out in the second half by correctly predicting everthing Chev and the offense was going to do. The game was there for the taking. Just didn’t survive it long enough.

My response was to the folks attacking young Freshmen OL , calling them busts or not good enough. The recent episode is Jake Wiley. It does take time for OL to develop.

That definition applies to a NFL depth chat not most College programs that have to develop players, not get them from free agency or if they Bama. I am talking about class disparity. Lots of underclassemn that are inxperienced and need development that I think could turn out to be good players. I really like the Tanks and the commit Edwards. Filip with more weight room work could be a NFL draft prospect. The problem with cU is the early departures and poor recuriting have led to lack of the traditional NFL two deep depth chart made up upperclassemen ready to play.
No. It doesn't. It applies to programs like Utah.

No. It doesn't. It applies to programs like Utah.

But CU is not Utah. CU has had poor recruriting and early departures. Utah has had good recruiting and they have a good class balance. While the upperclasmen are playing, the younger guys can take their time to develop. The situation is reverse at CU. That is why I said the depth is young and inexperienced at CU. I think the difference is you are looking at game day playing depth. I look at the overall class balance.

But CU is not Utah. CU has had poor recruriting and early departures. Utah has had good recruiting and they have a good class balance. While the upperclasmen are playing, the younger guys can take their time to develop. The situation is reverse at CU. That is why I said the depth is young and inexperienced at CU. I think the difference is you are looking at game day playing depth. I look at the overall class balance. Obvisouly the game day 2 deep depth is terrible. But we do have a lot of good young underclassmen. Just need to work on class balance.

Depth can be explained like this. Every team has a depth chart and it typically is two or three deep at every position. That’s not depth because everyone has depth by that definition. Depth is when your two-deep can produce, function with little drop off.

Example. CU has depth at RB. CU has no depth at OL.

I still think the CU depth is young and inexperienced. Need to get tackles through the portal. That hasn;t changed. Some people didnt understand what I was saying. I guess. The coaching staff should have gotten two transfers not one expecially after hearing about Filip injury.

You know my stance on Freshmen playing. It is an automatic redshirt unless you are a special prospect that dominates. Even then will consider how good of a student the player is before deciding whether to redhirt on not. OL should be told, you will not step on the field for atleast 2 or 3 years.

People on here were saying, CU has no depth, CU Oline is terible. Basically saying every single tackle is terrible. Will not name names, they were saying ATM is going to destroy us, no chance. I responded by saying that is not true, yes we have talent, we have depth, but the depth is young and inexperienced, Not ready to play, will need time to develop. Also said need to look at the transfer portal.
Players who are too young, inexperienced, and “not ready to play” is not depth.

You are confusing numbers with depth as has been pointed out to you ad nauseum.

People still don;t understand what I said I guess. Will say it gain. CU has talent, CU Ol depth is young and inexperienced. Need to go to the transer portal to add atleast 2 tackles.

Back