What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Since 2017, if all you know after a game ends is each team’s share of offensive plays that featured play-action and the share of plays that had some form of pre-snap motion, you can correctly guess the winner around 65 percent of the time.2 This is fairly impressive, since neither metric directly measures the volume of yards gained or points scored. Instead, these are play design choices made before the ball is snapped and the play’s outcome is determined. And, unlike turnovers, both pre-snap motion and play-action rate are completely under a coach’s control.

I wonder if DC has heard about these things? :unsure:

KD is probably best suited talking to Mom's, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that is going to mesh well with the players themselves. Really need an engaging individual that can keep kids on the hook for him.
Or the text/Twitter game he was forced to use since he’s been here due to Covid.

Over/under for chev's offense the rest of the year is?

I'll set it at 5, and 4 of those are garbage time scores.

Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

I'm usually slower getting on the fire a coach bandwagon than most, but WOW, that was a painful half of football to watch.
Here's the thing to ask yourself when evaluating any of our coaches: do you see a reasonable chance that his job performance would lead to a program with more money than us hiring him away?

If the answer is "no", we have the wrong guy.

Here's the thing to ask yourself when evaluating any of our coaches: do you see a reasonable chance that his job performance would lead to a program with more money than us hiring him away?

If the answer is "no", we have the wrong guy.
That’s the exact opposite of how RG is thinking and what led him to hiring KD. There’s no question in my mind he went this direction because he didn’t want to run the risk of the next HC leaving

That’s the exact opposite of how RG is thinking and what led him to hiring KD. There’s no question in my mind he went this direction because he didn’t want to run the risk of the next HC leaving
And we've gone the exact opposite route with how Tad has built his staff. 3 HCs hired from it and Rohn could have a HC job if he wanted one at a small D1.

And we've gone the exact opposite route with how Tad has built his staff. 3 HCs hired from it and Rohn could have a HC job if he wanted one at a small D1.
I’m in full agreement with you, I just don’t see our current AD wanting to deal with the potential of hiring a new staff every 2-3 years (in both good and bad cases)

I’m in full agreement with you, I just don’t see our current AD wanting to deal with the potential of hiring a new staff every 2-3 years (in both good and bad cases)
I'm not 100% sure that's true.

He definitely doesn't want a mercenary who will treat this as a stepping stone job with no chance of staying long-term.

But he wouldn't have made a play for Sark if he demanded a CU lifer.

Simple reality is that if CU continues to try to run a program on the cheap we are either going to have coaches that leave or coaches that nobody wants.

In that case I'd rather have coaches that leave.

Put some actual emphasis on winning, be willing to spend some money, not just on the coach but support, and this program can be a winner.

What they don't get is that if they give that kind of support to the right guy and the program becomes decent then the revenues and donor support will support keeping that coach from most other jobs that aren't the elite type of positions.

No reason why CU should be losing a coach to most P5 programs.

Back