What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

Not sure what rankings you are referencing, but we are certainly not on par with UW and UCLA.
🤣 My daughter. She has a +4.0 GPA and views each on the quality of their engineering programs and then their overall academics. Shes a lot smarter than me and has recently looked a lot further into this a lot more than I have. Theyre all in her top 10. Cal is #1 currently

Anyway, were still in the “academic upper half Football struggle bus” schools. which means that the admin is less likely to sacrafice standards to win.

🤣 My daughter. She has a +4.0 GPA and views each on the quality of their engineering programs and then their overall academics. Shes a lot smarter than me and has recently looked a lot further into this a lot more than I have. Theyre all in her top 10. Cal is #1 currently

Anyway, were still in the “academic upper half Football struggle bus” schools. which means that the admin is less likely to sacrafice standards to win.
Congrats. Going to Cal would be my top choice if I could get a do-over in life.

UCLA has a higher academic ranking than Cal according to more than one ranking publication. It’s probably the best public school in the country. Better than Michigan. Better than UT, better than UVA, better than Cal. CU is nowhere near that level.

UCLA has a higher academic ranking than Cal according to more than one ranking publication. It’s probably the best public school in the country. Better than Michigan. Better than UT, better than UVA, better than Cal. CU is nowhere near that level.
I'd still rather live in the bay area than LA, but damn... I didn't realize that.

What a cluster****! Seemingly great hire with the former guy. He suddenly splits leaving CU in the lurch at the worst possible time. RG panics and hires KD. Covid wipes out the season. On top of that the Pac has the worst television deal of the major conferences. We miss a season’s worth of revenue. The AD is cash strapped and we are stuck with, possibly, the worst coaching staff of all P5 programs. Donors appear to be balking. Season ticket holders have had enough. Our best recruits may walk. Our talent level is poor. The NIL rules will only widen the gap. We ****ed.
It's a shame that you are not this logical in all of our forums! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DBT
Nah, he’s not going anywhere. They wouldn’t have extended him if all it took was a horrible football season
No, it's not the horrible football season that will do him in.

It's the $ losses that will result when (not if) season tickets aren't renewed, donor wallets close, and Folsom sits empty.

No, it's not the horrible football season that will do him in.

It's the $ losses that will result when (not if) season tickets aren't renewed, donor wallets close, and Folsom sits empty.
Right, which would be caused by the horrible football season. I just don’t believe these Regents and Chancellor are that knee jerk

Right, which would be caused by the horrible football season. I just don’t believe these Regents and Chancellor are that knee jerk
I honestly don't think they recognize the relationship between the two (at least the regents), and they'll hold him to account for one but not the other.

that KD contract

holy ****

Guy Smiley would've negotiated better terms

HOW THE ****

tumblr_n6x5y0cjz91s2wio8o3_500.gifv

No wonder KD is made of stone on the sidelines, he knows that he’s getting paid no matter what. The camera debacle may have been more of a, “maybe if they fire me, I’ll get my money upfront, and not have to subject myself to further embarrassment…” Gotta make sure the money is there for his Boulder home, with building supplies fluctuating due to supply.

No wonder KD is made of stone on the sidelines, he knows that he’s getting paid no matter what. The camera debacle may have been more of a, “maybe if they fire me, I’ll get my money upfront, and not have to subject myself to further embarrassment…” Gotta make sure the money is there for his Boulder home, with building supplies fluctuating due to supply.
I don't know about the "made of stone" stuff. During the 1st half (?) on Saturday, he went ape **** on the offensive coaching staff when they couldn't get their **** together and dial up a play. I'm trying to remember the exact situation, I think we may have just gotten a first down somewhere around our 35, and for some reason, there was complete confusion about what play to run, or what personnel grouping we wanted to use (maybe it was 3rd and short, I forget). He absolutely lost his **** screaming at the group of guys who were trying to signal in the play.

I don't know about the "made of stone" stuff. During the 1st half (?) on Saturday, he went ape **** on the offensive coaching staff when they couldn't get their **** together and dial up a play. I'm trying to remember the exact situation, I think we may have just gotten a first down somewhere around our 35, and for some reason, there was complete confusion about what play to run, or what personnel grouping we wanted to use (maybe it was 3rd and short, I forget). He absolutely lost his **** screaming at the group of guys who were trying to signal in the play.

I didn’t see that…might have FFWD through that one. I’m glad to know that he has a pulse on the sidelines. Hopefully he has observed enough live game action to see what really needs to happen during the bye-week. L

I didn’t see that…might have FFWD through that one. I’m glad to know that he has a pulse on the sidelines. Hopefully he has observed enough live game action to see what really needs to happen during the bye-week. L
not sure if it was on tv, but I saw it from where i was sitting.

Back