What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

Sooooooooooooooo RG's follows are bad. Like, bad bad. About as bad as you can get. Idk if it's worth firing him for, but it's an extremely bad look for the university and for him as a person. At the minimum he should be required to have someone else run his Twitter account. If you don't believe me, just keep reading.

A few points to head off before we start on this journey....

"It doesn't matter who he follows on Twitter"
Yes it does. He's a representative for our university and our football program. While he does have a lot of generic right wing follows, he has some...very very bad ones as well. His actions represent our university and hooooollly **** it's bad. If he wants to follow these people and see their viewpoints on twitter he should make a second account.

"He probably just follows everybody"
No he doesn't. His political follows are exclusively right wing from what I can tell.

"You're cancelling him"
Fascists should get cancelled.

Let's see who RG follows....

Pretty much everyone in Trumps family/cabinet + a huge collection of various big lie promoters. That's pretty bad in and of itself.

Especially noxious right wing lunatics:

Matt Gaetz (RG follows him on two different accounts) a person that is currently under Federal Investigation for being part of a sex trafficking ring that includes minors. Nice to know that our AD thinks this guy is awesome.

Jim Jordan, who is strongly accused of being complicit in the sexual abuse scandal at Ohio State University. Cool that the guy running our AD likes this guy.

Kurt Schlichter who wrote a weirdo fanfic about how right wing militias can win a second civil war.

Jesse Lee Peterson, an absolute lunatic (even by right wing standards) who stated that the "Greatest mistake America ever made was allowing women to vote".

Mollie Hemmingway, the editor in chief of the Federalist, a publication that defended Roy Moore for being a pedophile under the argument that dating teenagers is "not without some merit if one wants to raise a large family".

Blair White, a probable nazi that looooovvvvveesss to push the boundary of "Ironic" Fascism (if that even exists). See: here and here and here most damningly (imo) here.

Lauren Boebert, an outrageously vile lunatic...I can't even start to run down everything she's involved in, from absurd homophobia to right wing militias to Qanon...ironic considering her husband is a convicted Pedophile.

Not even hiding it Fascists/Nazi's:

Faith Goldy a NON IRONIC NAZI that has defended and recited the 14 words and went on podcasts for the Daily Stormer. So cool that RG represents our university.

Sebastian Gorka, who is affiliated with (and seemingly a member of) a Nazi order in Hungary.

Jack Posobiec, a massive promoter of Pizzagate and a NON IRONIC NAZI that likes to not so secretly post 1488 **** on Twitter. For those unfamiliar the 14 stands for the 14 words and the 88 stands for Heil Hitler.

Michelle Malkin, an especially vile NON IRONIC NAZI that recently gave speeches at an American Renaissance conference. Here's a fun quote from the founder of American Renaissance: "Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.". Not surprisingly, she also dabbles in Holocaust Denial.

These are all public figures and their histories are well known. I'm somewhat well versed in online politics and was shocked that RG was following these types of people on an account linked to the University. If RG isn't a far right lunatic he sure seems to follow a lot of them on twitter. Even if he followed them before all of this happened he is still a representative of this university and it's his responsibility to control his public persona. It's embarrassing that out AD follows literal Nazis on Twitter. People that don't even hide it. I know it's just a ****ing internet follow, but what a ****ing disgrace. There's probably way more of this type of stuff, this is what I found just casually scrolling through his twitter follows.

**** this mother****er. Rick George can lick a **** covered taint.

This is quite damning.

Fire rick george for football reasons and right wing psychosis. He follows many q-anons and civil war promoters. He's an insurrectionist.

Last edited:
Ok, the Champions Center was much needed and long overdue. But in the words of Ms. Jackson, what have you done for me lately?

He seems to be resting on his bygone laurels. And the twitter stuff from an official account is inexcusable.
Surely we can get a Boulder news establishment to take him over the coals in public for his Twitter follows.

RG hasn't been active on Twitter for a while. Hasn't mentioned football since the day before the first game. He responded to soccer and volleyball wins on 9/4. Since then, a couple retweets.

Here's the latest retweet from a few days ago:

Should I be concerned? The Nike Air Pegasus 39 College Editions launched today and he hasn't said a word. This is not normal.

RG hasn't been active on Twitter for a while. Hasn't mentioned football since the day before the first game. He responded to soccer and volleyball wins on 9/4. Since then, a couple retweets.

Here's the latest retweet from a few days ago:

Should I be concerned? The Nike Air Pegasus 39 College Editions launched today and he hasn't said a word. This is not normal.

Working on his golf game. That back door 79 wasn’t the worst thing.

Word is, the CU AD is as dysfunctional inside, if not more, than we see from the outside. GB was vehemently against the Kardboard hire and biting his tongue during broadcasts has been hard.
I hadn't heard that GB opposed the Dorrell hire. How do we know that?

If this team, with the talent we have here, was as well coached as North Dakota State is right now, we'd be competitive. 6-6 or better.
Thanks for that. I truly wondered if there was a completely different coaching staff what would be the results with the players we have now.

So let’s recap RGs performance:

1) Hiring Karl: horrible, everyone knew it was doomed from the opening presser. No, this wasn’t the only option available to us

2) Negotiation and contracts: horrible, lost Sark, Mel paid us a paltry 3MM to leave, shot himself in both kneecaps with Karl’s guarantees. Paid well above market rate for a coach nobody wanted

3) Marketing, promotion, and community outreach/involvement: absolute bottom of the barrel, this triggers me more than the rest

4) Revenue development: horrible, naming rights? HELLO RICK GET IT DONE WE NEED THE MONEY

5) Shoes: taste of a 7th grader

6) Fundraising: allegedly a strength, but apparently we’re unable to cough up 4-5MM in a negotiated settlement paid out over several years sooooo…… wtf? Clearly that can’t be a strength if we can’t find out how to make that work

One thing I was thinking about that would cost nothing on budget is that they could fire Lance Carl.

But they already kind of did (very quietly).

LC's previous CU bio has him as "Associate AD - FB Administration & Student Athlete Development" and that's still mis-referenced in the .edu site:

LC's current description is "Director of Player Development/Alumni Relations"

From the bio:

In the summer of 2021, he shifted into the newly created role of director of player development and alumni relations for the football program, two years after he transitioned into the associate AD for football, where he had daily interactions with head coaches Mel Tucker and Karl Dorrell, the assistant coaches, support personnel and the student-athletes.

The stuff about managing football and business development are gone since last year. He failed and now his job is to be the Buffs4Life guy inside the AD.

One thing I was thinking about that would cost nothing on budget is that they could fire Lance Carl.

But they already kind of did (very quietly).

LC's previous CU bio has him as "Associate AD - FB Administration & Student Athlete Development" and that's still mis-referenced in the .edu site:

LC's current description is "Director of Player Development/Alumni Relations"

From the bio:

In the summer of 2021, he shifted into the newly created role of director of player development and alumni relations for the football program, two years after he transitioned into the associate AD for football, where he had daily interactions with head coaches Mel Tucker and Karl Dorrell, the assistant coaches, support personnel and the student-athletes.

The stuff about managing football and business development are gone since last year. He failed and now his job is to be the Buffs4Life guy inside the AD.

Would a move like that make a noticeable difference in the program? I worry that move alone would be the AD version of a coach firing his OC to buy himself another season.

Would a move like that make a noticeable difference in the program? I worry that move alone would be the AD version of a coach firing his OC to buy himself another season.
It would have been symbolic.

It wouldn't even be that now. He hasn't had responsibility for football, fundraising or business deals this year or last.

Last edited:
I know people throw out names for our new HC, but about AD? Who would be a good AD candidate? I feel like we need someone with a lot of energy and with some fire. Ideally someone who actually can engage the students and fans.

Mike Bohn was awesome with the students and the campus. He brought an enthusiasm that is missing now. What he did with the C-Unit was an awesome move. I’m glad for him that he’s a huge success at USC now. I wonder if the same problems we now see at the CU administration level made it difficult for him here too? There has to be someone who our new CU President could bring in as AD that would restore some hope and move things upward?

Back