What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

4-win Dorrell, hmmm, I think that might stick.
5 wins with Mike Mac, after the rise dipped down, and plateaued . 5 wins with Tucker, using mostly Mike Mac players. In two seasons, Dorrell has 4 wins a season. Might be his calling card. JFC…what will it take to not have a bowl season be the outlier for this program?!

Rick George is going to be here for a while.

I think if there's a move to make in this area, it would be to move on from Lance Carl and bring back Jashon Sykes. Jashon's in the same job as Lance at Nevada these past couple years after a bunch of successful years running football operations as San Diego State. Still only in his early 40s. Would be good to bring him in soon and groom him to take over as the CU AD, having him build relationships with all the stakeholders.

I think if there's a move to make in this area, it would be to move on from Lance Carl and bring back Jashon Sykes. Jashon's in the same job as Lance at Nevada these past couple years after a bunch of successful years running football operations as San Diego State. Still only in his early 40s. Would be good to bring him in soon and groom him to take over as the CU AD, having him build relationships with all the stakeholders.
Former Buff so that checks all the boxes.

RG will not be going anywhere until Phil D retires or dies, at which point RG will flee within 2 years, he's a miserable AD but he's not stupid and will know his primary protection agent is gone, and his cover is blown.

Edit - Lance Carl isn't going anywhere until RG is done. A lot of dominos have to fall to clean this program out of holdovers from ages ago that clearly are ineffectual.

So you are telling me nothing is going to change until we have an outsider that cares about football as the next CU chancellor?
That’s my take on it, yes. Campus leadership doesn’t know, nor does it care how to build and maintain a successful athletic program. It’s simply not a priority. That attitude comes directly from the Chancellor.

That’s my take on it, yes. Campus leadership doesn’t know, nor does it care how to build and maintain a successful athletic program. It’s simply not a priority. That attitude comes directly from the Chancellor.
Pretty much where I am at. I hold out hope. I think when the donor base and alumni make a stink some movement happens, but the second the hubbub dies down, it is back to the wine and cheese circuit for the admin, all the while day-dreaming they are at Stanford. Athletics descend into the crapper, rinse, repeat.

I was at the holiday concert at Macky last night and they took time to let everyone know that DiStefano was in the house. I may have been the only one not joining in the applause.

I agree with one caveat.

If moves can be made which would allow the Athletic Department to be 100% financially independent with those finances overseen by a new Board of Trustees (like many universities have set up), then things can be improved to a greater degree and on a quicker timeline.

I’ve never seen anyone demand so much attention and deserve so little.

He. Is. The. Problem.
He's the common denominator from "the scandal" through the years of suckitude we've endured since.

(I ignore Plati in this since he hasn't had the power to influence things one way or the other, but I do believe he's part of the culture problem.)

Last edited:
So you are telling me nothing is going to change until we have an outsider that cares about football as the next CU chancellor?
bh187-waynes-world.gif

Looks like they just hired this guy as "Senior Associate AD/Assistant Vice Chancellor for Advancement".

Spent the last two years at Pitt

Senior Associate AD / Offensive Coordinator?

Looks like they just hired this guy as "Senior Associate AD/Assistant Vice Chancellor for Advancement".

Spent the last two years at Pitt

Seems like a solid hire. Successful at Pitt. Filling this position well was a big deal.

Back