What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

I hope we saved the receipt on the blocking system. I haven't seen it move in the IPF, has to be in new conditions still.

If you want to hurt your soul, find some time to compare Minnesota's Oline play yesterday versus ours. I was taught early on that an easy way to tell a good line versus a bad one is to look at the action at the whistle. Good lines are still engaged/in motion when the whistle blows. Bad ones are not engaged and are typically standing watching the end of the play.

The OL is easily the worst position group, despite being one of the oldest on the team.

According to Football Outsiders, CU ranks 124th in sack rate at 14.3%.

It’s not a player issue. It’s awful coaching.

#FireROD
Last year, also after six games, we were ranked 21st in sack rank with a 3.4% sack rate. Quite the change YOY. Now that's what I call coaching and depth.

The OL is easily the worst position group, despite being one of the oldest on the team.

According to Football Outsiders, CU ranks 124th in sack rate at 14.3%.

It’s not a player issue. It’s awful coaching.

#FireROD

I thought this game was about the Jimmy's and the Joe's and not the Xs and the Os?

I hope we saved the receipt on the blocking system. I haven't seen it move in the IPF, has to be in new conditions still.

Didnt KD fire our Strength Coach?

To be clear, there is a talent issue, especially at tackle.
Tackle recruiting:

2018 Frank Fillip, Kary Kutch
2019 Valentin Senn, Nikko Pohahau, Jake Wiley (listed as an OG in recruiting databases)
2020 Jake Wray, Gerald Lichtenhan
2021 Max Wray

This is how you get a problem at left tackle, which is a pretty pivotal position on the field /s.

Kutch and Pohahau were always interior players, despite where the database listed them. Pohahau washed out immediately anyway.

A European kid like Senn had the deck stacked against him. You just can’t replicate the game in a place where it is just not played widely. Now gone.

Lichtenhan is a massive project, pun intended. Maybe he becomes a serviceable right tackle over time.

One Wray down, one to go.

Wiley was listed as an OG in the databases. Granted they don’t always get things right, but the fact that our starting LT was considered by some to not be an obvious tackle tells you something.

Fillip is fine. Coming off a to torn labrum, but he is a decent P5 starter when healthy.

There is a huge talent issue at tackle.

I was told that we have depth

Looks deep to me....

����

The Ducks, for comparison...

����

I dare NOT look up the recruiting ratings. :X3:

In fairness good recruiting and relative coaching stability seems to have allowed the Ducks to build a positional pipeline. The school also seems to be actually interested in a successful football team from the President to the AD. The school is likely reaping the benefit of increased enrollment and moving up from its mostly humble, small town, small state, small school, reputation as Dan Fouts used to describe it. Thanks in no small part to its Nike connection the school certainly seems to have done a lot more. More than, say, Oklahoma State did with T Boone Pickens money and proximity to a vastly richer recruiting ground.

Oregon is succeeding most likely because there is a strong administrational emphasis from the academic side.

Last edited:
Tackle recruiting:

2018 Frank Fillip, Kary Kutch
2019 Valentin Senn, Nikko Pohahau, Jake Wiley (listed as an OG in recruiting databases)
2020 Jake Wray, Gerald Lichtenhan
2021 Max Wray

This is how you get a problem at left tackle, which is a pretty pivotal position on the field /s.

Kutch and Pohahau were always interior players, despite where the database listed them. Pohahau washed out immediately anyway.

A European kid like Senn had the deck stacked against him. You just can’t replicate the game in a place where it is just not played widely. Now gone.

Lichtenhan is a massive project, pun intended. Maybe he becomes a serviceable right tackle over time.

One Wray down, one to go.

Wiley was listed as an OG in the databases. Granted they don’t always get things right, but the fact that our starting LT was considered by some to not be an obvious tackle tells you something.

Fillip is fine. Coming off a to torn labrum, but he is a decent P5 starter when healthy.

There is a huge talent issue at tackle.

tackle isn’t a need

-coaching staff absurdly recently

Back