What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For those of you defending the offense

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
10 second half points.

I don't care what anyone wants to pull out with stats, it's about scoreboard.

Every person here knew damn well at halftime that we needed to score more than 10 second half points if we were going to win this one.

That was not a good defense and it punked the O in the 4th quarter

I can't argue with anything you or Nik said in this thread, Snow-but I'll say this: I love the identity that Tucker, Johnson, and the offensive staff is trying to implement-but they sometimes try too hard to stick to it. Example's the 1st and goal at the 2. If you run it inside and get stuffed on 1st down, why go back to that well again? We've got functional TEs and a top 10-15 WR core in the country. Nothing wrong with throwing it on 2nd.

I can't argue with anything you or Nik said in this thread, Snow-but I'll say this: I love the identity that Tucker, Johnson, and the offensive staff is trying to implement-but they sometimes try too hard to stick to it. Example's the 1st and goal at the 2. If you run it inside and get stuffed on 1st down, why go back to that well again? We've got functional TEs and a top 10-15 WR core in the country. Nothing wrong with throwing it on 2nd.
I thought we should have attacked the edge. UA couldn't stop that all day. And we had zero chemistry between Lynott and RG.

WR was pretty decimated today, actually. Fontenot had a damn good game. I get the coaches having the most confidence in feeding Alex. But not up the middle with the way our OL was going.

I thought we should have attacked the edge. UA couldn't stop that all day. And we had zero chemistry between Lynott and RG.

WR was pretty decimated today, actually. Fontenot had a damn good game. I get the coaches having the most confidence in feeding Alex. But not up the middle with the way our OL was going.

No question. Anything but another inside run.

I thought Johnson called a great game until that point

10 second half points.

I don't care what anyone wants to pull out with stats, it's about scoreboard.

Every person here knew damn well at halftime that we needed to score more than 10 second half points if we were going to win this one.
I see what you're saying, but it seems we are expecting our Offense to tread water with the Defense tied around its legs.

This is nik's point, though. The defense is garbage and a half, but the offense has talent and is capable. Yesterday they put up 10 points in the second half against a defense that has given up 45 to Hawaii and 41 to Northern Arizona. Only scoring 30 is not a good performance.

Would it be ideal if the offense was good and the defense wasn't Kent Baer levels of bad? Sure. But when we have Sam Noyer running around at safety, we need the offense to make plays and score points.

The offense is fine but defense is garbage. I guess we should have seen this coming when a good chunk of last year's starters and backups from the secondary didn't return. Also injuries to the DL are happening and we all knew it wouldn't be good if that happened.

Everybody knew at the half we just need to hold AZ to less than 17 points in the 2d half.....a team held to less than 30 by ****ty D's like fUCLA and TT.

two stalled red zone opportunities and a dropped dime in the end zone...this game would have been sealed if any one or two of those produced seven instead of three. If our defense adjusts to the fact that Tate isn’t running all day like in 2017, then maybe a few of those passes get broken up or shutdown right at the catch.

doesn’t make it different...at least Tate will be gone next year.

Let's face it….The Buffs have not really stopped anyone...the turnovers have been the only savior. The Buffs are in the top 5 in the nation in turnover margin and were a +8 going into the game. If the Buffs don't get turnovers, their defense gets exposed. I think we have given up some of the easiest touchdowns in FBS this year.....Wide open wide receivers....scheme or talent....?

But when we have Sam Noyer running around at safety, we need the offense to make plays and score points.
After Sam bit on the screen and got beat over the top (lucky that the WR fell down making the catch because he scores if he stays on his feet) I don’t think I ever saw Sam out there again.

I see what you're saying, but it seems we are expecting our Offense to tread water with the Defense tied around its legs.
That's exactly what we're doing.

Be nice if the defense improved and started giving up scores in the 20s, but that seems a hell of a lot less likely than asking our offense to score mid-30s or more based on what we've got on each side of the ball.

After Sam bit on the screen and got beat over the top (lucky that the WR fell down making the catch because he scores if he stays on his feet) I don’t think I ever saw Sam out there again.

Yeah they put Isaiah Lewis in after that.

also disclaimer: not blaming Noyer or something, just using him as an example of the overall issue. (I assume holic is halfway to my house right now planning to burn it down while I sleep)

The penalties really killed some drives. IDK if that's on the coaches or not. Most ABers seem to blame the coaching staff for stuff like that.
Not defending the O just anticipating the start of Hoops season more and more.
Seems like the odds of making a Bowl game are bleak. Even with wins against ucla and furd, we'd still need a big upset to get to 6. Our best bet is to see if the injury bug hits WSU, USC or Utah the weeks before we play them.

I did not see game. Traveling.

Roddick in for Pursell? Hurt? Coaches choice?

And against AF, on our home field, we scored 10 quick points then nothing until the 4th quarter. Against ‘braska with what turns out to be a pretty crappy defense nothing until late in the second half. It’s frustrating because we show flashes of what should be a really potent offense. But we consistently shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, mistakes or questionable play calling.

Last edited:
Even with Shenault out I still expect our offense to be able to put together a game winning drive when the get the ball back with time on the clock. No one is making excuses but for the defense, they are really bad and banged up but we still had Ann opportunity to win the game.

Even with Shenault out I still expect our offense to be able to put together a game winning drive when the get the ball back with time on the clock. No one is making excuses but for the defense, they are really bad and banged up but we still had Ann opportunity to win the game.
Particularly against that defense, which is about as bad as the Buffs.

Particularly against that defense, which is about as bad as the Buffs.
Yeah Arizona seems to have figured some things out defensively the last couple of weeks but still, we should be able to wear them down and win that game at altitude.

When the defense is as bad as ours, the offense needs to pick up the slack. We all know the defense is dog ****, but we also know the offense can be very productive. If you have to win a shootout, that’s how you have to win. It’s not like the defense let us down on Saturday. They played about like they have all year.

Having a random number generator as your QB is really vexing.

Interior line missed Purcell badly. Tackles also had issues. Oregon is gonna be rough.

Back