What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- Men's bball opens the season facing South Dakota in Manhattan, KS (Wed., 11/25, 6:00 PM MT, ESPN+)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Before even thinking about facing KSU on Friday evening, CU (Last season- 21-11 overall, 10-8 in conference) will have to FULLY concentrate on the Coyotes (Last season- 20-12 overall, 10-6 in Summit League play) Wednesday evening.

Obviously a new season, but for basic reference- at the end of last academic year's shortened season, South Dakota ended up #182 in the NET ratings and #186 in Massey, while the Buffs were at #25 and #53, respectively.

Go Buffs!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few QUICK things I could find about South Dakota-
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links -
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this. Will add later.

Live video - Game is being shown live on ESPN+ - https://www.espn.com/watch/ . From South Dakota's schedule, looks like the direct link to this game may be https://www.espn.com/watch/player?i...f6bb9f&om-navmethod=espn:globalsearch:results . For those not aware, I believe (???) ESPN+ content requires a separate subscription. (Unlike other ESPN content, I don't believe a general Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription is sufficient. Someone let me know if I got this wrong.)

Live Audio - https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=859526641320028214 , or on Radio. Assuming this is like last season, that normally means, I believe, it will be on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats -Not available as I type this. Will add later.

Before even thinking about facing KSU on Friday evening, CU (Last season- 21-11 overall, 10-8 in conference) will have to FULLY concentrate on the Coyotes (Last season- 20-12 overall, 10-6 in Summit League play) Wednesday evening.

Obviously a new season, but for basic reference- at the end of last academic year's shortened season, South Dakota ended up #182 in the NET ratings and #186 in Massey, while the Buffs were at #25 and #53, respectively.

Go Buffs!!!

A few QUICK things I could find about South Dakota-

Media links -
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this. Will add later.

Live video - Game is being shown live on ESPN+ - https://www.espn.com/watch/ . From South Dakota's schedule, looks like the direct link to this game may be https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=1c2f209e-bd70-4c79-934b-5c9292f6bb9f&om-navmethod=espn:globalsearch:results . For those not aware, I believe (???) ESPN+ content requires a separate subscription. (Unlike other ESPN content, I don't believe a general Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription is sufficient. Someone let me know if I got this wrong.)

Live Audio - https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=859526641320028214 , or on Radio. Assuming this is like last season, that normally means, I believe, it will be on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats -Not available as I type this. Will add later.
ESPN+ costs $5.99 a month. I guess I'll pony up and view Wednesday's game as pay-per-view.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing this, I was sad there was no MBB first game thread! I'm fired up, even if $%#@ ESPN and their money grabbing ways - split Buff games across as many different platforms as possible. In addition to signing up for + for just one game, I also have to bump my dish subscription up for the next game on ESPNU. I'm sure the third game will be on Disney+.

Any scouting of their covid protocol? Playing a team from South Dakota is concerning.

From last year, the Coyotes graduated their leading scorer and rebounder, F Tyler Hagedorn, and their leading assist man, PG Tristan Simpson. Not sure what they have for replacements, but the team should look pretty different.

If you have Disney+ it includes ESPN+
I just tried logging in to ESPN+ with my Disney+ credentials. I logged in successfully, but unfortunately, it asked me to sign up for an ESPN+ streaming option to continue. Looks like you have to have the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ combo for it to work.

I just tried logging in to ESPN+ with my Disney+ credentials. I logged in successfully, but unfortunately, it asked me to sign up for an ESPN+ streaming option to continue. Looks like you have to have the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ combo for it to work.
I have the hulu, disney, and espn+ package and yes it works.

I haven't been paying attention and just realized there is a game tomorrow. Excited!

Last edited:
I have Sling. Looks like I will need to pay $5.99 if I want to watch the opening game of the season tomorrow night. Planning to do it since I really want to see the old and new Buffs take the court. Go Buffs!

1606272538151.png

GAME DAY BABY! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh Scott seemed like such a great leader on and off the court, and even though his last team lost in the first round, it was a good team. Kin Wright seems like another great leader. Wish there were fans to properly applaud him and his fellow seniors.

Buffs by fifty!!!!! (error of -49 to plus 1)

Yesterday's preview article. (Since I assume most know about the Buffs, just pasted the parts about the Buffs' opponents below.)

And, as always-

Go Buffs!!!

Direct link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/11/24...eason-vs-coyotes-in-little-apple-classic.aspx

"

OPPONENT LOOK

SOUTH DAKOTA: The Coyotes were 20-12 last season (10-6 and third in the Summit League) under Todd Lee, who is entering his third season with USD.

The Coyotes lost four of five starters from last year and have only one returning player that averaged more than four points or 13 minutes per game. USD was picked to finish fifth in the annual Summit League Preseason Poll. South Dakota's lone returning starter is senior forward Stanley Umude who averaged 16.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks last year en route to All-Summit League Second Team Honors. This will be just the second meeting ever between the two programs, with Colorado collecting an 82-58 win in Boulder on Dec. 4, 2018.

KANSAS STATE: This will be the first meeting between these old Big Eight and Big 12 foes since Colorado left for the Pac-12 in time for the 2011-12 season.

The Wildcats are coming off a rare losing season after an 11-22 finish (3-15 Big 12) last season under Bruce Weber, who is entering his ninth year with the Wildcats.

KSU has two returning starters from last season, senior guard Mike McGuirl (6.9 ppg) and sophomore forward Montavious Murphy (5.2 ppg). The Wildcats have high hopes for 7-foot freshman Davion Bradford, and added three transfers, including 6-11 junior college transfer Carlton Linguard.

Kansas State leads the all-time series with the Buffs, 97-47, including a 54-11 mark in Manhattan. But Colorado has won the last three meetings, getting home and road wins in 2011, along with a victory in the Big 12 tournament.

BROADCAST: Wednesday's broadcast will be available only on ESPN+, which requires a subscription. Friday's game will be televised by ESPNU.

Both games will be carried by KOA radio with Mark Johnson on the play-by-play.
"

Back