What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread - Women's bball at CSU (Friday, 11/22, 5:00 PM MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
It's an early start (5:00) for the team tomorrow on the road - beat the rams!!!
(I'd GUESS the reason for the early start is so their fans can get home to watch the football team's "border war" game at Wyoming, scheduled to start at 7:30 tomorrow night.)

Interesting to me that, like the men's team, CSU women's bball seems to heavily rely on transfers, as 8 of the 15 players on their roster (https://csurams.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/2019-20) show as starting at other colleges.)

Preview-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/11/21/womens-basketball-buffs-set-for-in-state-showdown.aspx

"
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The regional-road tour continues for Colorado women's basketball on Friday. The Buffaloes will head upstate to take on Colorado State at Moby Arena (5 p.m. MT).

CU (3-0) will be rested, having last played at Wyoming on Sunday. The Buffs battled to the wire to hold on for the 66-56 win over the Cowgirls. Colorado pulled out the win, despite season lows in field goals made (22) and field goals attempted (50). Mya Hollingshed led CU with 17 points, while sophomore Emma Clarke posted her first career double-double (10 p/10 r).

Sunday marks the 51st meeting between the Buffs and the Rams. Colorado has won the last three games, including last season's 59-40 win at the CU Events Center. The Buffs hold the 38-12 series lead. CU is 13-10 away from Boulder.

"Three days feels like a whole week [to prepare]," head coach JR Payne stated. "But in reality, it's not that long to prepare for a good team like Colorado State. They're very different then they were a year ago. They have a lot of really good transfers that were sitting out who are now contributing in a lot of different ways."

The young Buffs will continue to learn and grow. Only two current Buffs saw the court during CU's last visit to Moby. Annika Jank, Aubrey Knight and Hollingshed are the only three players to have experienced this rivalry away from home. Jank scored and Knight both started the game. Jank led the Buffs with 22 points, while Knight and Hollingshed combined for five points

"I think being at Wyoming hopefully prepared us [to visit CSU]," Payne continued. "I remember my first year at Fort Collins and it was a lot more than I expected. The fans are right on top of you and are really loud and into the game. Our team is a little bit prepared, having just been in a similar situation at Wyoming."
"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media Links:

Live Video
(Looks to be a free stream.?.) - https://csurams.com/watch/

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2350 and https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Womens-Basketball-s308228/?_branch_match_id=726182875234389651

Live Stats - https://csurams.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Last edited:
According to Brian Howell's article, Mcenzie Ellis who started out at CU is a grad transfer for CSU and is starting. I think you are going to see a ton more transfers now with schools that are not getting top classes and players who did not find a starting spot at their current school, like the girl from Georgia who transferred at mid year last year

Those CSU fans are gonna need energy Friday evening with this game and the CSU-Wyoming football game. I'm planning on watching both if I can see this game.

Makenzie Ellis did begin her career here at Colorado.

Ellis and her younger sister were both at SMU. The sister is no longer shown on the SMU roster and Raoul does not have a school listed for her.

nice win especially without Mya. do not know how good CSU is but winning in Fort Collins is good imo. Hope Mya is not anything huge. It was good to see Charlotte have a decent game. If she could get around 10 points a game and be a force inside it would be huge for this team.

nice win especially without Mya. do not know how good CSU is but winning in Fort Collins is good imo. Hope Mya is not anything huge. It was good to see Charlotte have a decent game. If she could get around 10 points a game and be a force inside it would be huge for this team.
CSU is terrible. Best player has been out for last 3 weeks and they have lost to DU and Idaho. Buckle in for a LONG season

If that’s the case we are not just the worst team in the Pac 12 but in major college basketball

Did you guys watch the game? It was a close game and our freshman guard played really well in the end. Sure, we are probably still the worst team in Pac12, it doesn't change the fact that it was a good win.

Did you guys watch the game? It was a close game and our freshman guard played really well in the end. Sure, we are probably still the worst team in Pac12, it doesn't change the fact that it was a good win.
Any win over the sheep is a good win.

I agree. We are not the worst team in major college bball. and it was a good win for this program. CSU and their coach really want to beat CU and I expected the game to be close because of how CSU plays. Still think the ceiling for this team is the NIT and that is an improvement

Yes I did. In fact I’ve watched almost every game for the last seven years. A wins a win and I’ll take every one even against a very bad Rams team but that does not change the fact that this will ultimately be a very difficult year once we start playing decent teams

Yes I did. In fact I’ve watched almost every game for the last seven years. A wins a win and I’ll take every one even against a very bad Rams team but that does not change the fact that this will ultimately be a very difficult year once we start playing decent teams
Sure, you can be a bad team and still have a good win. In fact, if your argument is true that we are the worst basketball team in the major league, that means every single win a good win to them.

Sure, you can be a bad team and still have a good win. In fact, if your argument is true that we are the worst basketball team in the major league, that means every single win a good win to them.

you need to reread what I was responding to; it was in response to a post

CSU is very interesting this year. None of their starters played last year as 4 were transfers and 1 was injuries. 3 of the transfers came from pac 12 schools. They may be like Kentucky in that they are still gelling. Still do not think CSU is a good team and I am concerned about CU's defense and what they will do against teams that are just as athletic as they are.

The kids playing basketball for Colorado may not be the best athletes in the country and we are not the best team.

The players work very hard.

Sherrod is a good point guard. She is fun to watch play. Our guards had a good game.

The kids playing basketball for Colorado may not be the best athletes in the country and we are not the best team.

The players work very hard.

Sherrod is a good point guard. She is fun to watch play. Our guards had a good game.

I agree. its funny hearing the CSU coach talk about how athletic CU is but then the pAC 12 shows a different story. Sherrod is going to be fun to watch for the next 4 years.

Worst team in the power conferences? Didn't we just beat Wisconsin?
I just want to see progress. JR has some good pieces but recruiting has got to get better.

Back