What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball opens Pac 12 play hosting Stanford (Sunday, 11/28/21, 5:00 PM MT) and visiting #5 UCLA (Wed., 7:30 PM MT)

What's happening to EB is a tragedy. Forget it's basketball - here's a very talented kid being kept from fully pusruing his dreams. Seriously. At least 1/2 the calls on him are BS - refs doing what they anticapated doing, night after night.
My only thought for a fix: A moving video on EB overcoming the 2 heart issues (not 1, as is popular now), his value to the community, his scholarship. There is not a better college athlete story and if this would go nationwide, the refs may see he needs to stay on the court.. I realize this has about zero chance of working, but I can't think of anything else.
No, Tad and RG just need to pay the fine and publicly call out piss poor officiating. Make the Pac-12 justify the calls if you have video that they are obviously wrong.

I appreciate your love of Preston Slaughter (we all love him) and the teams of the past, but your inability to see the difference from this team and those teams is odd. We had absurd foul trouble, a bad shooting night, a career night from the opposing PG, and actually did cover the spread (+13.5, you were wrong about this in an earlier post) on the road against a final 4 team from last year who lost no one and loaded up with better players.
I am no one's sock account. I just don't post much. If my opinion has been stated by others then I see no need to restate it.

No, Tad and RG just need to pay the fine and publicly call out piss poor officiating. Make the Pac-12 justify the calls if you have video that they are obviously wrong.
I’m sure there are communications with the league office about officiating. I doubt the league office does much unless a ref really blows it. Evan does get physically aggressive and gets a lot of legit fouls called. But UCLA took advantage of that and embellished and got rewarded for it. Refs need to be more aggressive in calling flops and not rewarding them.

Good - We got back within 4. I was afraid they would mail it in. They definitely didn't.
Good - I think there is a decent chance we get Jabari for a third year. Not necessarily because he's not playing up to his hype, but he can afford to wait. Not all players have that luxury.
Good - KJ looks like a player. He could be a really good one. Not afraid to take shots. Great athleticism. I think he will defend.

Not so good - I don't think Tristan will take the next step. Hope he proves me wrong.

Not so good - Lawson looks like he is really struggling with playing at this level. Hopefully it is just a confidence issue, but it seems he will struggle at this level.

Wish Quincy could play this year.

Other comment - Refs certainly didn't help us in this game. But we kept fighting.
Hank, agree with everything but one, and I have coached for 15yrs. Lawson will be fine, not great but a average to plus big after he puts on 20-30lbs. Most of his "mistakes" were because of lack of strength. He will play 4 years and be a contributor, if he has the work ethic. KJ will be the "guy".

Good Post

Back