What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Men's bball scheduled to host WSU (Wed., 1/27, 7:00 PM MT, ESPNU) & Utah (Sat., 12:30 MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Disagree. We came out way over-confident. MW had 3 unforced TOs in the 1st 3 or 4 minutes, one being a totally unathletic pass behind the back. Tad is a nice guy. When he lectures the team at halftime to not let up, they space him out. We started garbage the 1st 5 minutes and then saw we were getting in trouble and had to fight. Remember they were missing their MVP.
This was a comment I made after wazzou, about the 2nd half.
It's 100% certain that Tad stressed not letting up in the 2nd half again today. And they paid no attention.
What a sick feeling this game brought.

eh, it’s a terrible loss, but it doesn’t exactly doom the season. They have been burned in a couple conference games with big leads, which is discouraging considering the majority of the team’s top contributors are upper classmen.

A split vs Utah is the typical norm, over the last 8-10 years - and that still happened this year just not in the way you would have predicted.

In a non Covid world, both teams probably would have won at home

I had to go to town to grab a few things, we were up by 17. I'm like, this bull**** is over. I come home and see we lost by 3, wtf happened?

I had to go to town to grab a few things, we were up by 17. I'm like, this bull**** is over. I come home and see we lost by 3, wtf happened?
Their guard, Plummer, had the second half of his life. Couldn’t miss and we had no answer.

We also reverted to our offense of years past where everyone just stands around and then someone throws up a three. No movement, no picks, no nothing.
This ^. Just as Plummer began going off CU's offense looked like a dear in the headlights. Stagnate and not getting the ball into the low post enough.

Also, Buffs only shot 6 free throws to Utah's 19. That didn't help.

Prior to the stagnation, the ball movement and shot selection was good. It was the formula that had fueled much of the Buffs' success this season. Even when Kin was out with foul issues the team kept chugging along. Obviously it all went south quickly.

We also reverted to our offense of years past where everyone just stands around and then someone throws up a three. No movement, no picks, no nothing.
What pisses me off the most is you have one of the best free throw shooting teams in the country, and you're jacking up 3's. I'm cool with taking them if they are there, I'm not saying don't do it. It would be good to draw some fouls though and get to the line. Yes, the refs were ****, what else is new?

What pisses me off the most is you have one of the best free throw shooting teams in the country, and you're jacking up 3's. I'm cool with taking them if they are there, I'm not saying don't do it. It would be good to draw some fouls though and get to the line. Yes, the refs were ****, what else is new?
Tad needs to see that we needed to get Battey and Walton, and even Horne or Walker involved down low to grind them down, waste clock and build fouls once we got up by 19!!!

Tad needs to see that we needed to get Battey and Walton, and even Horne or Walker involved down low to grind them down, waste clock and build fouls once we got up by 19!!!
Exactly this ^. As the Buffs lead was dwindling a was screaming 'get the ball inside' at the TV (the neighbors may have heard this as well). This season the Buffs have the talent to do so on a regular basis. No need to go soft and settle.

Having stated the above, I felt that Utah was working hard to keep the Buffs' offence on the perimeter. It seems that it paid off well in the long run.

Exactly this ^. As the Buffs lead was dwindling a was screaming 'get the ball inside' at the TV (the neighbors may have heard this as well). This season the Buffs have the talent to do so on a regular basis. No need to go soft and settle.

Having stated the above, I felt that Utah was working hard to keep the Buffs' offence on the perimeter. It seems that it paid off well in the long run.
So frustrating! Tad needs to pull more strings, call more timeouts, and realize how mature Jabari is compared to a very limited Maddox Daniels. Utah may have found a way to take advantage of us related to fouls and seeing us shoot too many 3’s! Also, we screwed up most of our breakaways, and did not share the ball on the extra passes

So frustrating! Tad needs to pull more strings, call more timeouts, and realize how mature Jabari is compared to a very limited Maddox Daniels. Utah may have found a way to take advantage of us related to fouls and seeing us shoot too many 3’s! Also, we screwed up most of our breakaways, and did not share the ball on the extra passes

I wish it were just about tactics and strategies. The real issue is Boyle‘s teams lack mental toughness with any expectations of winning. His teams are mentally soft when the stakes are high. CU needs to move on if it wants to have a higher floor.

This is totally on the players. 4 games in a row, they lacked focus, drive, commitment. I think Tad tells them what they need to know to win, they just don't accept it.

Pat Rooney noted this is the 2nd time Tad said, "this was one of the worst losses of my career", in the past 2 weeks. (wash the other). You say that when you should have won, but your players didn't show up.

Unfortunately, I think MW took a step back from P12 - POY

I'm not ready to jump ship just yet. Let's see how they respond. They better put it behind them quickly. If they don't and end up making the tourney, they won't be there long.

Maddox Daniels never found a screen he can't get lost behind.

As far as Plummer, when you run the same defense against him, 12 times in a row, and always, ALWAYS let him go left, well . . . you get this. Heaven forbid we go zone to take away the dribble drive. Or have a big step out and FORCE him to pass in the lane. Or do ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SAME THING HE IS DESTROYING ON EVERY ****ING OFFENSIVE SERIES.

just looking for someone to tell me this happens to all teams so I can shrug it off and get back to enjoying the season and looking forward to a sweet 16 run
Hello, hi, yes that’s me who does this. I won’t try to argue that all teams lose games after leading by 19 with less than 8 minutes left. That part doesn’t happen to all teams and is extremely pathetic and inexcusable. We should be pissed at the players and coaches for losing when the win was all but guaranteed through 3/4 of the game.

But it is normal for favored teams to lose. Would we have felt better if it was a close game that we lost by three? Probably compared to what happened, but it still would have sucked and all the other favorites that lost on Saturday feel like their team sucks too. We were 8 point favs and lost by 3 for -11 net. Other games just from Saturday, only looking at top 25:

Bama -3, lost by 5, -8 net
WVU -4, lost by 5, -9 net
Wisc -4, lost by 10, -14 net
FSU -4, lost by 11, -15 net
UVA -4, lost by 14, -18 net
Also had ranked KU and Minnesota teams both lose by 19, while being small (2-3 pt) underdogs.

I can’t handle the stress that watching this team brings. I really can’t. I’m going to stay away from the TV and catch the final score afterward. I’m so pissed at that Utah collapse! Ugh.

Back