What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's bball on the road to face #2 Oregon (Friday,1/3, 8:00 MT) & #3 OSU (Sunday, 1:00 MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The team faces (based on opponents' rankings) one of the toughest back to back challenges by ANY CU team ever this weekend on the road against the highly ranked ducks and beavers.

Play hard and smart, and SHOCK them Buffs!

Preview (Doesn't contain any detail on the opponents.) -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/1/1/w...t-to-battle-top-ranked-ducks-and-beavers.aspx

"
EUGENE, Ore. — The 12-0 Colorado women's basketball team embarks on the toughest trip in all of basketball this weekend. The Buffaloes remain on the road for a pair of matchups against No. 2 Oregon and No. 3 Oregon State.

Head coach JR Payne and the Buffaloes are not treating the trip as a burden but more of an opportunity. Fresh off the Buffs' Pac-12 opening win at Utah, the upcoming weekend is a chance to show the young Buffs measure up against some of the top competition in the nation.

"I think it's a great opportunity," Payne explained. "It's not just the Pac-12, it's some of the best teams in America. Every team is so well-coached, so deep and so well prepared that every single game is going to provide us a neat opportunity. It's a chance to see where we are and to see how we adjust when someone does something different and what can we do to adjust when we need to? All of those things every single game from here on out is going to give us that opportunity."

The Buffs and Ducks play the late game on Friday, tipping off at 8 p.m. MT. Colorado will head to Corvallis on Sunday for it's 1 p.m. MT meeting with the Beavers.

All of Colorado's Pac-12 games will be televised on the Pac-12 Network this season. You can also catch the game on the Colorado Radio Network with the TuneIn app.
"

Media links:

Game Notes -
Not available at this point.

@ #2 Oregon (Friday, 8:00 PM MT)
Live video -
Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Oregon and National channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to any of those Pac 12 channels, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2020/01/03/colorado-oregon .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2359&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Womens-Basketball-s308228/?_branch_match_id=741098661948939693 .

Live stats - http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=279679

@ #3 Oregon State (Sunday, 1:00 PM MT):
Live video -
Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain, Oregon and National channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to any of those Pac 12 channels, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2020/01/05/colorado-oregon-state .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2360&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Womens-Basketball-s308228/?_branch_match_id=741098661948939693 .

Link to link to live stats - http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=orst

Last edited:
Yes they are!

Brian Howell had some great insight on Monday that was spot on; adding Charlotte this year and getting a healthy Aubrey back has been a game changer. But the leap that Mya and Emma have made this season has been equally impactful. It’s great to see them mature and their hard work pay off

The last time we beat the Sabrina led Ducks was 3 years ago at home to clinch a postseason NIT birth (almost got them in Oregon that season as well). I hoping that we can surprise them again this year

way to early for a NCAA seed, but it is good to see some excitement for the team. I hope they can be competitive this weekend and not get run.

I'm not expecting a win tonight by any stretch.

In fact -- and this is really weird for me -- I'm hoping for a moral victory. Make the Ducks sweat, force them to turn it up to beat us, leave Eugene with our team knowing they can compete against the best in the nation. If that happens, I'll consider it a successful night.

Sabrina Scott was at shoot around and some other former Buffs will be in the house tonight and on Sunday.

That's another think I like about JR. She is involving the alumni. That had pretty much gone by the wayside.

Sabrina Scott was at shoot around and some other former Buffs will be in the house tonight and on Sunday.

That's another think I like about JR. She is involving the alumni. That had pretty much gone by the wayside.
Such a huge thing. I know involving the alumni has helped Boyle. He has alumni weekends and in the summer they come back to play with the current players. This has to be another healing aspect for the program

That’s good to hear.

The ladies started out playing fiesty. Jaylyn chased down a breakaway and had a hard foul. Buffs have some fight in them. Graves was fired up and pissed off.

Story of the game is CU riled Oregon up, but we are turning it over or missing every shot we take. Love the fight though.

Fight, fight, fight, right?

26-11 after Q1 as you would expect lack of a tough non conference schedule and our inexperience is showing. Sherrod 2 bad fouls early and Mya and Emma struggling. On to Q2 Lets go Buffs

That’s good to hear.

The ladies started out playing fiesty. Jaylyn chased down a breakaway and had a hard foul. Buffs have some fight in them. Graves was fired up and pissed off.

Story of the game is CU riled Oregon up, but we are turning it over or missing every shot we take. Love the fight though.

Fight, fight, fight, right?
A dangerous foul by Sherrod and a bad T from Mya for her third foul. Not good to poke the Duck

You must be listening on the radio not watching. Mya didn’t have a bad Technical. Heberd shoved another Buff then shoved Mya. Mya was innocent and responded. Heberd should have been ejected. Mya was just standing up for her teammates and herself.

26-11 after Q1 as you would expect lack of a tough non conference schedule and our inexperience is showing. Sherrod 2 bad fouls early and Mya and Emma struggling. On to Q2 Lets go Buffs

51-22 at the half 13 turnovers and shooting 28%. Our three PGs, Q is playing PG as well due to foul issues, have 7 TOs and 1 assist. Playing hard but have lost our composure a couple times. Hopefully JR can coach them up, was really hoping we could keep it within 20.

Last edited:
You must be listening on the radio not watching. Mya didn’t have a bad Technical. Heberd shoved another Buff then shoved Mya. Mya was innocent and responded. Heberd should have been ejected. Mya was just standing up for her teammates and herself.
Actually I’m at the game. Based on the dress down Coach T gave her on the bench he doesn’t agree with you. It was Myas 3rd foul and as a team leader totally unacceptable, her teammates need her on the floor not on the bench.

Last edited:
looks like another 60 point loss. Hopefully they can bounce back and play better on Sunday. It is only 1 loss and does not kill the season but they have to play better in the pac 12

51-22 at the half 13 turnovers and shooting 28%. Our three PGs, Q is playing PG as well due to foul issues, have 7 TOs and 1 assist. Playing hard but have lost our composure a couple times. Hopefully JR can coach them up, was really hoping we could keep it within 20.

82-35 after Q3. Oregon played its bench most of the quarter, hopefully we can win the 4th and gain back some confidence for Sunday.

82-35 after Q3. Oregon played its bench most of the quarter, hopefully we can win the 4th and gain back some confidence for Sunday.

104-46 final. Well, I had hoped our improvement would show in this game and we could keep it within 20-25. This is close to the same score last year without our starting PG. Maybe we are not as improved as I had hoped. Lets bounce back Sunday and keep it close, I really think we are better then this game showed.

Story of this game is the story of CU women’s program. Buffs 3 star players playing 5 star opponents. Oregon has 90/3-stars on their bench. Those are our starters. Oregon is as good as it gets. Will be a Final Four team, if they don’t win it all. Maite and Sabrina have something like 1,500 combined assists the past four years. Heberd is a 2,000 Point 1,000 rebound club member. Moral victory? Finau’s three made the result better than last year, by one.

Story of this game is the story of CU women’s program. Buffs 3 star players playing 5 star opponents. Oregon has 90/3-stars on their bench. Those are our starters. Oregon is as good as it gets. Will be a Final Four team, if they don’t win it all. Maite and Sabrina have something like 1,500 combined assists the past four years. Heberd is a 2,000 Point 1,000 rebound club member. Moral victory? Finau’s three made the result better than last year, by one.

Well, we knew it was going to be ugly last year without Leonard, I thought we would be better tonight . Hey we beat them 3 years ago at home and they made the elite 8. Almost beat them in Eugene that same season who knows maybe we’ll challenge them in boulder later this season.

Last edited:
Through the first four minutes, if you didn’t know you’d think maybe CU was #3. More aggressive and athletic. Still can’t make a shot though.

Much more competitive than the last game. Sherrod is awesome.

Incredible what she’s doing as a freshman. I remember seeing a young fiercely competitive Chucky foul out vs Denver but CU lost. She was devastated. You saw we had something. I remember a young Kennedy doing incredible things but we couldn’t win games even non-conference, the lack of experience and the big jump to NCAA was too much. You could absolutely see we had something special though. Sherrod isn’t just something special, she looks like something else! That kid is incredible.

40-30 OSU at the half. Still struggling to make shots and defend in the post.

We must be watching two different games. I’m watching the best game CU has played all season. I’m watching the Buffs play one of the best teams in women’s NCAA and putting the world on notice we are doormats no more. They are hitting big shots, have good ball movement and have no quit. Our post defense has been awesome in this game.

I’m seeing the difference between Oregon Stare’s players that were 4/5 star recruits and yes that translates into being better shooters. Destiny Slocumb is incredible. CU is playing the #3 team in the country tough, coming off one of the worst games in program history. So much to be proud of for these ladies in this effort!

Incredible what she’s doing as a freshman. I remember seeing a young fiercely competitive Chucky foul out vs Denver but CU lost. She was devastated. You saw we had something. I remember a young Kennedy doing incredible things but we couldn’t win games even non-conference, the lack of experience and the big jump to NCAA was too much. You could absolutely see we had something special though. Sherrod isn’t just something special, she looks like something else! That kid is incredible.

I think someone has rejoined the board.

We must be watching two different games. I’m watching the best game CU has played all season. I’m watching the Buffs play one of the best teams in women’s NCAA and putting the world on notice we are doormats no more. They are hitting big shots, have good ball movement and have no quit. Our post defense has been awesome in this game.

I’m seeing the difference between Oregon Stare’s players that were 4/5 star recruits and yes that translates into being better shooters. Destiny Slocumb is incredible. CU is playing the #3 team in the country tough, coming off one of the worst games in program history. So much to be proud of for these ladies in this effort!

“Still can’t make a shot though” said you. I guess it’s ok for you to say it.

Back