What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Rocky Mountain Showdown

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
A tradition unlike any other... Guess the Attendance rides again!
It's the last RMS in Denver, at least for the foreseeable future. Last year saw a dip in attendance after years of increasing numbers, largely because of a drop in CSU turnout. I can't imagine it's going to be any better this year with how dire the predictions for their season are. I don't think the fact that it's the last game in Denver is gonna make that much of a difference to them when they have a home game in this series coming up next year. Our ticket sales don't look awesome either. My guess? 67,067 announced.

Recent RMS attendances:
2018: 70,158
2017: 73,932
2016: 69,850
2015: 66,253
2014: 63,363

Curious- after hitting 70k+ the last two years, why is everyone certain this year that the attendance will go down so much?
Because last year was a big decrease from the previous year and because I think both fanbases are as skeptical about their teams as they have been in a while.

Because last year was a big decrease from the previous year and because I think both fanbases are as skeptical about their teams as they have been in a while.

68000 even. Good turn out of the black and gold to support CMT in his first game as our new leader, but more rammie fans stay home than in years past.

I think if there were no future games in this series on the schedule there'd be more of a buzz, but "last one in Denver" doesn't seem to be a big enough draw on its own.

Back