What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How excited are you about Dorrell as our new HC?

How excited are you?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I set this up to allow people to change their votes. There's a significant chance that opinions change after hearing his vision, seeing his staff hires and hearing player reactions.

10 = the most excited you could be about a HC hire

1 = the least excited you could be about a HC hire

Not grading on a curve here based on your expectations or what you thought was realistic for CU or, more specifically, at this time on the calendar for hiring a coach.

This is purely about the coach because it's not like we're going to be granted extra wins on a curve based on any limitations CU faced. He is our coach. That's the only bottom line that will matter in recruiting and on Saturdays.

I set this up to allow people to change their votes. There's a significant chance that opinions change after hearing his vision, seeing his staff hires and hearing player reactions.

10 = the most excited you could be about a HC hire

1 = the least excited you could be about a HC hire

Not grading on a curve here based on your expectations or what you thought was realistic for CU or, more specifically, at this time on the calendar for hiring a coach.

This is purely about the coach because it's not like we're going to be granted extra wins on a curve based on any limitations CU faced. He is our coach. That's the only bottom line that will matter in recruiting and on Saturdays.
6. Recruiting emphasis will either raise or lower my score.

Meh. Not great, but not catastrophic. Given the circumstances we probably did about as well as could be expected.

Can you add a negative scale?

giphy.gif

Solid 5. And I think that is all CU could do in February unless we had SEC budget. Mel Tucker is now top 15 highest paid in football, any real names were going to want more than Mel is getting

I feel like I'm at a 5, which to me is the definition of meh.

It's going down to 3 or so if he doesn't hire some awesome assistants.

Maybe it goes up a bit if he does hire awesome assistants.

idk why I'm at a 5, I think people are rightly not impressed with the hire. Would anyone else have hired him? There's just not much to be excited about. The lack of recruiting success at UCLA might be my biggest red flag. We're also banking on him not bring the god awful WCO.

I guess I'm hoping he gets us to some bowl games. I get that he won 10 games once, but I think his ceiling is quite a bit lower than that.

Meh.

I went with 5, but I have the same concerns many have written. I'll feel better about it depending what assistants are brought in. We've got to get some recruiters. DC is a good one, wouldn't hurt to have a couple more. Sorry WR, didn't see your post before I posted mine.

I feel like I'm at a 5, which to me is the definition of meh.

It's going down to 3 or so if he doesn't hire some awesome assistants.

Maybe it goes up a bit if he does hire awesome assistants.

idk why I'm at a 5, I think people are rightly not impressed with the hire. Would anyone else have hired him? There's just not much to be excited about. The lack of recruiting success at UCLA might be my biggest red flag. We're also banking on him not bring the god awful WCO.

I guess I'm hoping he gets us to some bowl games. I get that he won 10 games once, but I think his ceiling is quite a bit lower than that.

Meh.

Yeah, what he said ^^^^

Voted 8, then changed it to 7 since we do need to see the staff (especially Wilson) and need to see the recruits stick.
I like the potential of where the program is at internally, but pray that the right moves continue to be made building our recruiting staff.

5. Not too excited, but it could have been a lot worse, i.e. Sparkles or Calhoun. More of a wait and see approach.

1, abso****inglutely a 1. No curve involved on this mother ****ing score. I need to start drinking bourbon now

I ranked it by how much power I'm going to the cede to the wife for scheduling this fall.

A 10 = the entire weekend schedule for 13 weekends will be dictated by what time the Buffs kick off.
A 1 = Mrs Skibum can proceed with the same schedule process that's in place January to August.

I'm at a 5.

5 = Kickoff times will be taken into consideration for planning a few select weekends, but generally watching the games will be a "if it's convenient given other plans" priority.

I'm at 6. The thing is, I think Tucker was only a 7, and that was based on hope since he'd never been a HC. I'm saying that I don't think KD is a big step backwards, assuming he takes care of recruiting. MM avg'd about 10 iirc, MT hit 7, KD will do better than MM, but how much? I think he'll be a better game day coach. So much depends on the assistants.

As a pure coaching hire I gave it a 3, and that may be pushing the enthusiasm scale. On the curve though, considering all the circumstances surrounding this, it was the best we can do and that makes me sad.... my anger continues to grow for that f;ucking peice of **** that butt fu.cked us though.

I think this is the very definition of a 5. Could be better, could be worse.

It's tough because I have no idea of KD's identity, other than being a "good guy". What is his best attribute or defining characteristic that he will bring to the team? it certainly can't be his west coast offense.

Four.
I don’t hate the move, I just have reservations when you get a guy from the past. Especially a guy from the neuweasel era.

I think this is the very definition of a 5. Could be better, could be worse.

It's tough because I have no idea of KD's identity, other than being a "good guy". What is his best attribute or defining characteristic that he will bring to the team? it certainly can't be his west coast offense.
Best attributes I've heard are that he's smart, honorable, thorough, demanding, and detail-oriented.

6. Karl has proven he can get his teams to bowl games. 6 wins gets you to bowl game and that is what CU needs right now. Sarkisian would have been a 9 or 10 considering the situation. Since that didn't happen, I think the well was pretty dry and the other names would have been really bad.

This is all predicated on his staffing and his recruiting powers with his staff.

Back