What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How much college hoops do you watch?

How much college hoops do you watch?

• Occasional CU games and not much else besides the Dance

• Most/All CU games and not much else besides the Dance

• Most/All CU games and 1-3 other college games a week

• Most/All CU games and 4-6 other college games a week

• Most/All CU games and 7+ other college games a week

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Since AB is going to be representative of more hardcore CU fans (mostly football, but other sports at some level with MBB #1 among "others"), I'm curious how deep the appetite is for hoops coverage here.

Comments would be appreciated, especially if there are modifiers like your viewing habits changing after football season ends or something.

Next to none (national semis and final, high profile CU games maybe). Only basketball that interests me is the NBA.

During the high school season I'm fortunate if I get to see one CU game a week. Once that ends I'm watching the Buffs every game and the occasional college game. Same deal with the Nuggets. I watch them as much as I can after the season.

Watch every CU game, and most the time in the evening I'm switching between ends of interesting games while doing other stuff. If there's a game I'm really interested in, I'll watch the whole thing.

My college watching is up this year as very few nugget games are on and they are the only pro team I'll watch. Seems I have watched more blue blood losses this year than normal and probably another reason for watching so many games. If Walton starts getting more floor time and with the right draw I can see the Buffs finally getting to the sweet 16

With focus, I watch almost every game played by CU, VT and Wisconsin. If there's a big ACC matchup, I'll usually put it on as background (i.e. something getting <50% of my attention). Until the conference tournaments start, that's usually it.

I used to watch a lot more, but even without wife and kids, I've just gotten busier with other interests and work. This year, I've been watching less, because Duke is not that great. I used to watch a lot of CU and Duke games (as well as top matchups), but these days it's as much CU as I can and Duke when it's convenient. I'll throw on some games as background noise though, esp since AltitudeTV isn't available.

I am amongst those who's kids have cut into my CBB watching significantly.

But I am surprised at how many people are saying they watch a lot of the Nuggets. I watch basically zero NBA (I watch the highlights on twitter here and there), but went to the Nuggets game on Sunday. I have to say I thought it was basically unwatchable basketball. Pretty impressive athletes, but as far as a game to cheer on, it was on the same level as WWE for me.

I make the effort to watch the high profile regular season matchups like Dayton, Kansas, Oregon, Arizona. The regular season games where CU is heavily favored have less appeal, specially when the games extend beyond bedtime.

I’m all in for the Pac-12 tourney and post season outings, though.

I'm a P12 bball fan when I can be. Catch pieces of big games in other conferences.

I try to watch as many CU games as I can, I loathe the Pac12 Network, though. I mute it during those, most of the time. If I can't watch, I try to catch it on 850 KOA through iHeart. As far as other games, I'll watch top match-ups and what not. Sprinkle a few mid major teams in there, especially if we play or played them, ever so often.

I watch chunks of a ton of games. But I watch a lot of NBA too, plus I coach, so the answer of whole games watched is all/most buff games and 1-3 other games in full. I voted for the 4-6 category because the amount of college basketball I watch adds up to that total.

Watch almost all CU men's and women's basketball games and as many Iowa men's and women's games as I can catch. I would watch more Iowa State games if they were televised.

I do not like the NBA and don't watch it.

Sadly, many Pac12 games start past my bed time. I do put the Buff games on the DVR and watch the next day.

Pretty much my daily schedule is to turn on a game when I get home from work. That usually means flipping between a couple to unwind. Then break for dinner and then watch a bit more while the fam is doing whatever before we all do stuff together for a couple hours. Then I'll watch late games after 9pm when everyone's reading or winding down.

Other than CU, I probably watch 3-5 complete other games a week. Probably triple that for partial games.

Last night was fairly typical except for not having a late game. I watched just about all of NCST-UVA, peaked in for UT-WVU, and caught some of Baylor-OU.

Tonight, I'll watch the rest of Butler-Nova when I get home from work (while peaking in at KU-KSU and being ready to check out the Maryland, Illinois and Kentucky games). Actually, I might spend some time on KU-UGA since I haven't gotten to watch Anthony Edwards much this year. Then I'll tune in to Wyo-SDSU for the late game because I haven't had a chance to watch the Aztecs for a full game and they've got the resume of a 1-seed right now.

Pretty much my daily schedule is to turn on a game when I get home from work. That usually means flipping between a couple to unwind. Then break for dinner and then watch a bit more while the fam is doing whatever before we all do stuff together for a couple hours. Then I'll watch late games after 9pm when everyone's reading or winding down.

Other than CU, I probably watch 3-5 complete other games a week. Probably triple that for partial games.

Last night was fairly typical except for not having a late game. I watched just about all of NCST-UVA, peaked in for UT-WVU, and caught some of Baylor-OU.

Tonight, I'll watch the rest of Butler-Nova when I get home from work (while peaking in at KU-KSU and being ready to check out the Maryland, Illinois and Kentucky games). Actually, I might spend some time on KU-UGA since I haven't gotten to watch Anthony Edwards much this year. Then I'll tune in to Wyo-SDSU for the late game because I haven't had a chance to watch the Aztecs for a full game and they've got the resume of a 1-seed right now.

I hate you so much for your freedom.

I've seen this play out way too many times... Duke looks "mediocre" right now, but K will have them rolling by tourny time.
That's the thing, right? In a year with so much flux, I'm thinking that one of the programs with an all-time coach and/or next-level talent is going to gel at the right time. One of those years when Duke or a program like it wins a championship but their fans say that the team wasn't as good as some others they had that didn't even reach the Elite 8.

Also means that this is a year that gives programs like Gonzaga, San Diego State and Dayton a real chance to bust through or for a lower seed like a Seton Hall to ride a star who gets hot into a Final Four. Gonna be a fun Dance.

That's the thing, right? In a year with so much flux, I'm thinking that one of the programs with an all-time coach and/or next-level talent is going to gel at the right time. One of those years when Duke or a program like it wins a championship but their fans say that the team wasn't as good as some others they had that didn't even reach the Elite 8.

Also means that this is a year that gives programs like Gonzaga, San Diego State and Dayton a real chance to bust through or for a mid-seed like Colorado to ride a star who gets hot into a Final Four. Gonna be a fun Dance.
FIFY.

Idk what to think, really? All I think I know is there are no dominant UNLV, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc., teams of the past. I wouldn't put Gonzaga in that class, just yet. They probably have their best shot to cut the nets down, finally. They are talented and have a bench, too.

Back