What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huntley transferring

1-01Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

Guess Huntley got tired of waiting for his turn and has a redshirt season for a transfer. A real shame since he would have had a chance to play next season.

Guess Huntley got tired of waiting for his turn and has a redshirt season for a transfer. A real shame since he would have had a chance to play next season.

I think this is the problem, and why he transferred.

There is a ridiculous amount of talent at WR on this team. Winfree, MacIntyre, Viska, Nixon, Bell, Ento, and Brown. .

I was hoping JH would change to positions. I believe it was Nik that brought that up, not sure. Anyway, something about him moving to TE or a LB position. Either one would've been cool with me. Oh well, hope he lands in a good place and gets his shot.

Whenever a kid from the South (even though FL isn't typical South, it is far away and different from CO) transfers from CU, I wonder about our recruiting those states. FL has so much talent, and I'd love for us to get kids from there. It seems though a lot of southern kids get homesick while in Boulder.

I wonder if this affects Julmisse's thoughts on trying to get back on the team, if that's even a possibility or something he was considering. Wish nothing but the best for the kids. Huntley seemed to have a smile on his face a lot of the times - may have been a good locker room guy (pure speculation).

Someone requests a transfer, I believe that since you've invested a ton of resources into the student-athlete that the fair way to grant his request is to not allow him to play against you. No reason to allow yourself to get screwed on the back end. There are a lot of schools out there.
That’s an awful lot of power for a football coach to have over a young man’s life. Especially since the headcoach can leave and coach at another school anytime he wants.

It is more about preventing tampering, by restricting to only schools that you are not scheduled to play you eliminate an incentive for a future opponent to try to tamper and enticing a student to transfer simply to gain access to your system and schemes.

I figured there was going to be some attrition at the WR position before the season began and brought light to it. I'm still wondering why he wasn't R shirted considering how little he saw the field.

When you over-recruit (numbers-wise) at any given position things tend to take care of themselves. Good luck to Mr. Huntley in his next endeavor.

Back