What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If No Football what will you be doing this Fall?

lvbuff

Football Season has always been a great excuse to sit on your ass and do a lot of nothing for hours at a time. If no or few games are scheduled I might have to come with another excuse for the missus.

I am expecting this fall to pretty much be the same as March through today has been, just with different weather to look at out my window.

Hope to have time to explore Oregon - haven’t done nearly enough of that since moving here almost 4 years ago. And as always, archery hunting for elk and deer, with a lot of fishing mixed in. Hiking and camping, too. Some volunteering.

We will get out and camp on the weekends and hit some 4 wheel drive trails. We will make the best of the family time

We will get out and camp on the weekends and hit some 4 wheel drive trails. We will make the best of the family time
Probably some of the family camping as well.

Had planned on doing that anyways since my daughters mountain bike races take us all over in fall but I doubt she will be racing this season, just don't know how they can do it and maintain any kind of safety.

I’ll spend more time on the longboard with my son doing my best impression of Mark Cutback Davis and Bob Jungle Vet Gerard. My son has been referring to me as “old man” a lot lately so I need to put him in his place. Let him know I’m still a better sailor and surfer than he is.

If there is no college football, likely there wont be high school or middle school football either, but that may not be the case due to being local. And the likelihood of club soccer is looking pretty iffy now also. So if all of that goes away, I am going to try to get some more projects done. We also have talked about getting a camper for some weekend getaways.

as long as the outdoors is still open, I'll be spending as much time as I can enjoying Colorado (or my new home if that's still an option). I have goals set for improving my climbing abilities.

board and card games will continue getting a lot of play in my house. I'd love to get my wife to start playing bridge (someone unfortunately convinced Mags that she's not smart enough to become a solid bridge player).

I hope I'll stick with my current fitness training.

I'm already fairly sick of non-sports TV.

I've been asked a few times "how do you think you're handling the lockdown emotionally?" my answer has been something like "considering that my top three recreational passions are (1) outdoor activities in the mountains (2) live sports (3) live music and that all three have been taken away, I think I'm dealing really ****ing well." I hope this continues.

other things that are on my backlog which I hope will get focus should the lockdown continue with no sports:
  • learn to play the harmonica -- i have no musical talent or formal music education, but I love music and really want to play something. I bought a harmonica and an instruction book a few years ago figuring it was the perfect instrument for a backpacker/ hiker / traveler.
  • the wife and I have previously discussed trying to write an erotic / romance novel. I doubt this will ever get going, but somewhere we have an outline of a story line that we drafted a few years ago during a road trip
  • photography lessons and learning to use post-editing SW -- I travel a lot and spend a lot of time exploring really beautiful natural areas. I'd like to improve my photography skills so that when I'm too old and decrepit to continue those adventures, I can pull out great pictures and remind myself "wow, I used to do cool stuff"

6849368.gif

Just moved to Montana, so I'll just spend that much more time exploring the mountains, rivers, and forests while also watching the NFL. Fall has always been my favorite season yet it's also been one of almost too much - it's my favorite season to be outdoors yet also the one calling me to sit on the couch the most.

Near steamboat, I think unit 16.
Excellent. We hunt 28, a few large bull moose where we go. We will do black powder for elk and rifle for deer,this year. No moose tag yet, hope we get one before I am too old to carry that sucker out.

Well, let's see, they're not in my driveway. My cans stay outside the fence. The weird thing is they drug the whole ****ing can down the road. I left about 5 this morning and it was about 50 yards from the house. I'm like wtf when I drove up there. I didn't notice when I walked by the cans. I noticed when I got down the road. Hope they enjoyed it.

Back