What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

--- Inagural AllBuffs CU Political Players Forum RULES ---

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Welcome to the newest forum on AllBuffs, this forum will be a semi-anual affair covering the elected officials and players that shape the direction of the AD. This Forum is not an off-shoot of the Politics board, we plan to moderate this board as aggressively if not more so than the Recruiting boards. Under no circumstances will we put up with:

- Partisan Mudslinging
- Discussions of National Politics
- Name Calling
- Rumor mongering
- Or any of the other generally combative activity that exists in the Politics Forum.

For those of you confused by this the link to that forum is here: http://www.allbuffs.com/forumdisplay.php/13-Politics-and-Religion

The purpose of this forum to look factually at the candidates for regent and other political players at CU, their respective records, how they do or do not support the AD; and to let people make informed choices about who they vote for in these positions. We appreciate that many chose to vote on party-line, but this exercise is intended, in part, to point out that the best interest of the CUAD does not always align with one party or the other.

So glad to have this forum, abs.

There just isn't enough good info out there. I think AB can make a real difference here.

I hope this doesn't cross the line, but if it does, please feel free to delete it. I am always suspect of an individual with multiple degrees from the state running for regent of a university they never attended.

I hope this doesn't cross the line, but if it does, please feel free to delete it. I am always suspect of an individual with multiple degrees from the state running for regent of a university they never attended.

I think that is fair, we'd like to keep the main profile threads clean but reasonable commentary is expected.

I think that is fair, we'd like to keep the main profile threads clean but reasonable commentary is expected.
It honestly wasn't aimed at any candidate individually, just an observation while reading a couple. Is this the proper thread for these type of comments or do you want to limit comments in this thread?

It honestly wasn't aimed at any candidate individually, just an observation while reading a couple. Is this the proper thread for these type of comments or do you want to limit comments in this thread?

we can use this one, but feel free to start threads in the forum as well.

**** the repubs and **** the demmies. And **** this forum!

Agreed.

Additionally, I've always been a little uncomfortable with the general election process of selecting our regents. People from across the state with Anti-CU agendas (athletic, political, whatever) can use the ballot box to hurt the university. Democracy and all, but this process isn't in CU's best interest. There was even a Husker running for regent two years ago, if I recall. That's some bull****.

CSU's board hides behind a firewall in the Colorado Legislature, I don't understand why CU's is different.

I want to add one point to Abs rules.

This is a great opportunity for the community to start voicing our opinions to the decision-makers, and the folks who decide what culture CU will have. However, if you choose to contact any of the folks listed on this board, then I would urge you to be respectful and professional in your communication.

I would really like to see allbuffs endorse some specific candidates. I realize that doing so may cross the line of reporting and not influencing (well, yeah, it DOES cross that line), but for a lot of people, allbuffs is their window into the CU athletic department. We need to step up and have the courage to say who we think is best for the future of CU athletics.

We're getting there. Currently our staff writer Michael is working to get interviews completed with all the candidates. I don't know how successful he has been, but I believe he at least has one candidate on record. We hope to see some articles from him in the coming days.

I know that we're pushing the envelope with mail-in ballots, so I apologize for that.

We're getting there. Currently our staff writer Michael is working to get interviews completed with all the candidates. I don't know how successful he has been, but I believe he at least has one candidate on record. We hope to see some articles from him in the coming days.

I know that we're pushing the envelope with mail-in ballots, so I apologize for that.

No reason to appologize at all. This is the type of feature that makes this site unique and so very valuable to me. Regardless if it is late for this election or not, it is now getting set up and can keep evolving in the upcoming months and years. Noice job on getting this done.

I don't know how tough it would be to include something in this forum that gives the transcripts of the Regents meetings, too. We need to really start paying attention to the job these folks are doing. To my knowledge, there isn't a resource out there that the average person can go to to get that info.

I for one am very interested in this new forum. I never know who to vote for when it come to the CU Regents. I never have looked into the people running for these seats and honestly, I probably won't in the future (outside of Allbuffs). I would usually just leave it blank or vote on the party line. At least now I can use my vote to help the AD. So I appreciate any info I can get out of this forum that will help me help the AD.

Last edited:
I don't know how tough it would be to include something in this forum that gives the transcripts of the Regents meetings, too. We need to really start paying attention to the job these folks are doing. To my knowledge, there isn't a resource out there that the average person can go to to get that info.

If we can find em online, then we can give it a go

Great idea on this forum guys! I'm sure this is something that has really never been done on an athletics site. Just shows that CU has real supporters out there for both academics and athletics.

I look forward to reading it in the coming weeks.

Thanks to the Junta for putting this sub-forum together. I hope this is a mainstay and we use it to keep up on news regarding CU political officials and to hold people accountable.

Back