What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is jabari a nba prospect hot takes thread

Is Jabari Walker an NBA prospect

• Yes

Votes: 45 70.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Can't tell yet

Votes: 17 26.6%

• Total voters

Medford M.

Given what we've seen from Jabari Walker in the last two games, it could be the Buffs will need another forward in the next season or two. And it seems Tad is good at finding players to sign late who make an impact.
Jabari has no where near NBA athleticism. He's a four year guy.

Jabari has no where near NBA athleticism. He's a four year guy.
Homer Simpson Animation GIF by FOX TV

I love his game. Maybe it's unfair to compare him to Andre and Tyler athletically because those guys are/were freaks, but Jabari is a decidedly below the rim guy at this point.
Completely different game.

Listed at 6'8" 200lbs but I don't close to believe it. Looks to have grown at least an inch or two and has a much thicker body that Dre or Bey had. Somehow Tad is very good at finding these guy who continue to physically mature after signing.

I saw Walker doing things against guys like De Silva who will be an NBA 1st rounder that showed that he is going to be competitive at that level.

He still has a lot of developing to go and potential means you haven't done it yet but he looks like a guy with a very high ceiling.

Completely different game.

Listed at 6'8" 200lbs but I don't close to believe it. Looks to have grown at least an inch or two and has a much thicker body that Dre or Bey had. Somehow Tad is very good at finding these guy who continue to physically mature after signing.

I saw Walker doing things against guys like De Silva who will be an NBA 1st rounder that showed that he is going to be competitive at that level.

He still has a lot of developing to go and potential means you haven't done it yet but he looks like a guy with a very high ceiling.
Define thick. He's appears to have the frame to carry more weight than Bey or Andre, but he's basically the same size those two were as freshmen.

Define thick. He's appears to have the frame to carry more weight than Bey or Andre, but he's basically the same size those two were as freshmen.
Dre was 6'5" at the NBA combine and IIRC a bit under 200. Bey is currently 6'8" and if you look at the the two of them much thinner. Bey is wiry and has deceptive strength but Walker is a bigger guy than both and has a bigger build even before getting into a college level S&C program.

Dre was 6'5" at the NBA combine and IIRC a bit under 200. Bey is currently 6'8" and if you look at the the two of them much thinner. Bey is wiry and has deceptive strength but Walker is a bigger guy than both and has a bigger build even before getting into a college level S&C program.
Dre was 6'6.25" wo shoes and 206 lbs at the combine.

Bey was 6'6 wo shoes and 213 lbs.

Both had body fat % under 5 too.

This is arguing semantics though. Jabari is never going to be the same type of player as those two. Not many guys are that athletic. Jabari has a better shot than either though and appears to have better skills.

Dre was 6'6.25" wo shoes and 206 lbs at the combine.

Bey was 6'6 wo shoes and 213 lbs.

Both had body fat % under 5 too.

This is arguing semantics though. Jabari is never going to be the same type of player as those two. Not many guys are that athletic. Jabari has a better shot than either though and appears to have better skills.
I think you are going to see a Jabari who is a big guy who is a standout athlete.

What he likely won't match because very few do is the intensity that Dre and Bey bring. Dre is a game changer on the defensive end of the floor because of the intensity he brings. Bey is a guy who creates offense, rebounds, and defensive plays again with a high level intensity that few players have. Bey also has an explosiveness physically that lets him surpass bigger, stronger guys.

I think you are going to see a Jabari who is a big guy who is a standout athlete.

What he likely won't match because very few do is the intensity that Dre and Bey bring. Dre is a game changer on the defensive end of the floor because of the intensity he brings. Bey is a guy who creates offense, rebounds, and defensive plays again with a high level intensity that few players have. Bey also has an explosiveness physically that lets him surpass bigger, stronger guys.
The thing that popped right away with Bey and Dre was their springy athleticism and willingness to rebound. I knew as freshman those two would play in the league. I just have yet to see the suddenness of an NBA athlete with Jabari.

The thing that popped right away with Bey and Dre was their springy athleticism and willingness to rebound. I knew as freshman those two would play in the league. I just have yet to see the suddenness of an NBA athlete with Jabari.
There are a lot of guys in the NBA that don't have the springy legs or the quickness of Dre and Bey. It's what allows them to compete against bigger guys.

Dre was a focused defender and rebounder from the time he got here. Bey steadily improved in both areas over his time as a Buff although he has a ways to go to match Dre as a defender. He balances that by being a more skilled offensive player, something else he developed at CU.

Not trying to say that Walker is an NBA player right now but Tad has found another guy who has a much higher ceiling as a player than anyone thought when he signed him.

Jabari has the highest stats per 40 minutes of any of the highly touted PAC12 frosh who MAY have higher ceilings. He seems like a special player but selfishly I'd like to see him continuing to develop here 3-4 years.

The guys shooting line is 53/47/86 and we are comparing him to Dre and Bey? Not a good comparison. Will be shocked if he’s here 4 years. At this rate I think he’ll be our leading scorer and gone after next year. Shooting is valued more than athleticism in the nba. Which is why Tyrel terry was drafted ahead of Bey.

The guys shooting line is 53/47/86 and we are comparing him to Dre and Bey? Not a good comparison. Will be shocked if he’s here 4 years. At this rate I think he’ll be our leading scorer and gone after next year. Shooting is valued more than athleticism in the nba. Which is why Tyrel terry was drafted ahead of Bey.

This is my take as well. He will go when he gets a first round grade, so likely after next season.

Just a reminder to everyone that progress isn't a straight line. He's gonna have a bad stretch (or 2!) this season. We could have seen his best games for the year already. So don't freak out. But the potential is there, and he's partially proven it. He's good.

The Dte and Bey comparison was made solely off them playing small/power forward and their general builds. Also, Dre and Bey were the only guys since Burks that you looked at as frosh and said, whoah, those guys are freaks.

I agree. I'm hoping he plays here 3 years, but wouldn't be surprised if he left after 2.
He has so much potential.
Such a pure shooter and the ability to stretch the floor for a bigger guy.
He may only be 6'8 or so, but he has long arms and plays much bigger.
Give him a year to get stronger and more explosive and he might be one of the all time best to come through Boulder.

Woah. Vecenie knows his ****.

EDIT - He's said that 100-118 are listed in alphabetical order. But the overall point still stands.

Vecenie continuing the Jabari love. Up to 36 in next years mock draft. I am curious if Tyler Bey's experience being drafted at 36 and not getting picked up by the Mav's year 2 would impact Jabari. Hope he plays his way into first round that obviously means good things for CU but just imagining Jabari year three, with this freshman class in year two get's me so excited.

Vecenie continuing the Jabari love. Up to 36 in next years mock draft. I am curious if Tyler Bey's experience being drafted at 36 and not getting picked up by the Mav's year 2 would impact Jabari. Hope he plays his way into first round that obviously means good things for CU but just imagining Jabari year three, with this freshman class in year two get's me so excited.
We all need to brace ourselves. The better we recruit and the more we win, the more guys who will leave after 1 or 2 years- including the occasional guy we don't expect who has a tourney performance that elevates his draft stock out of nowhere.

It will take some getting used to but will also be Allsome.

We all need to brace ourselves. The better we recruit and the more we win, the more guys who will leave after 1 or 2 years- including the occasional guy we don't expect who has a tourney performance that elevates his draft stock out of nowhere.

It will take some getting used to but will also be Allsome.
Totally agreed, but in all seriouslness Tad is the one who needs to truly brace himself, and have a continual influx of talent. We’ve never been a program who was capable of sustaining the early departure of talent. Our program would have been wholly different if not for the departures of Roberson and Dinwiddie a year early each. Had Dre stayed, we certainly would have been natty champs in ‘13-‘14 as Spence would have never had to even use his knee on the Washington trip. But Tad was not prepared to lose either a year early, and changed the face of our program, and led to the nuclear winters that ensued in the ‘16 and ‘17 seasons, after swinging and missing on the recruiting trail those years (hard to constantly churn out nba talent out of 3star recruits but Tad does it as well as anyone). He’s obviously had to be a diamond in the rough, character, 4-year guy type recruiter (Scott and Kin) but hopefully he’s able to keep the momentum going with this year’s class. Problem is the class imbalance, as we’re so loaded with underclassman, so need be ready to reload when a player leaves early.

Just always wonder what could have been had we got a 4th year of Dre and Spence. Heck, we’d have probably have won it all had Bey stayed last year, as FSU would have been thrown off having to guard one of their own 6’7” athletes.

Jabari goes pro after this year as well as another early departure on the periphery of the 1st round to leave early. 4th in 9 years.

Any news about the weight that Jabari is going to play at this year? Roster still lists him at 200 pounds. If he can get into the low 220 range and still be the same player if not better, I think he’s gone after this upcoming season.

Back