What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jedd Fisch - Offensive Assistant LA Rams (NFL)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I don't know if there's anything to it, but Fisch's name has been coming up in the media as a guy who is thought very highly of - particularly in NFL circles. But he's really a college guy, not an NFL guy.

@onealcd - reported that Colin Cowherd was talking Fisch up for the USC job. Cowherd loves college football, really knows the Pac-12, and because of his job requirements focuses mostly on the NFL. It's interesting to me, at least, that he would bring up a guy like Fisch who isn't exactly a household name.

Also, there was Brandon Stokely on his 104.3 show who had Fisch on this year. He's really impressed with the guy and suggested him for CU. (Was that also posted by you, @onealcd ? )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedd_Fisch

Fisch with Miami in 2012
Los Angeles Rams
Position:Senior offensive assistant
Personal information
Born:May 5, 1976 (age 42)
Livingston, New Jersey
Career information
High school:East Hanover (NJ) Hanover Park
College:Florida
Career history
As coach:

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I think he's an interesting candidate but don't know anything more than his name and the jobs on his c.v.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you go this route, you probably need one coordinator who has been a p5 hc or coordinator.

I thought UCLA should've given him the job before they started throwing in Kelly's name. His huge push for the KU job (and apparently a very detailed one) suggests he would also push just as hard or harder for the CU job, but that's both concerning and encouraging, I feel like. Perhaps I shouldn't use that against him. UCLA/Michigan both thought highly of him and a year with the Rams can't hurt but his career path seems a bit odd. He wouldn't be my top choice but I think I could get excited by it with the right hires and hearing what he has to think.

Drevno won the power struggle to be OC in Michigan, their writers have said that Harbaugh wanted that one back but had a weird loyalty to Drevno. Their fans were pissed about it. I think he would have stayed OC there for a few years instead of bouncing around like he has since then.

Has worked for Steve Spurrier, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Shanahan, Pete Carroll and Brian Billick (plus others like Jim Mora Jr.). That's got to lend itself to a pretty significant coaching tree.

nik casually leaving out the HC he's currently under

idk, he seems ok. I'm still way more in the Jimmy Lake camp. I was also impressed watching Chip Long today.

I just spent the last 40 minutes watching the video linked below where Fisch goes through his entire career for a UCLA reporter last year. Wow. I am impressed as hell with this dude. Now I'm hoping he's the guy.
http://www.thepostgame.com/jedd-fisch-football-coach-ucla-michigan-florida

He was roommates with Howie Roseman at UF (GM of the Philadelphia Eagles). Neither of them grew up playing football or had any connections to the game but they were both obsessed with breaking into the sport. Rare breed.

Concerned with him jumping around so much and like 3 years in college in the last decade.

But feeling positive thoughts

I just spent the last 40 minutes watching the video linked below where Fisch goes through his entire career for a UCLA reporter last year. Wow. I am impressed as hell with this dude. Now I'm hoping he's the guy.
http://www.thepostgame.com/jedd-fisch-football-coach-ucla-michigan-florida

I'm like 3/4 through this and he is a pretty interesting guy. Seems like all the moves are basically him just taking better opportunities. He has coached under a lot of successful guys. Should be able to fill out a solid staff with all of his connections to Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Gus Bradley, Al Golden, and now the Rams. Maybe even some guys from that UCLA staff (Demetrice Martin comes to mind) (others come to mind he hopefully wouldn't have their # anymore)

Harbaugh is one of those guys whose judgment I tend to respect in terms of his eye for coaching talent. So his time at Michigan is impressive to me, and his run at UCLA was hampered by them having an offense built around Rosen and Rosen ending up banged up throughout the year. I'd like to hear a little more about him from Michigan and UCLA fans, especially on his recruiting stance.

Harbaugh is one of those guys whose judgment I tend to respect in terms of his eye for coaching talent. So his time at Michigan is impressive to me, and his run at UCLA was hampered by them having an offense built around Rosen and Rosen ending up banged up throughout the year. I'd like to hear a little more about him from Michigan and UCLA fans, especially on his recruiting stance.
I brought him up to a buddy of mine last night who is as plugged into Michigan football as it gets. He said he’s a players coach/great locker room guy, a creative game planner, and can definitely recruit. I would imagine having time under some of the biggest names in coaching is huge in that regard and he’s got the history to sell Boulder over Ann Arbor, LA, Miami, etc. I’m intrigued.

I assume he can get out of his contract on short notice if he takes the job as he's not even a position coach?

i think that could be another issue with EB as he may not be available until February and I assume that as an OC he can't just leave during the season.

Seems like the kind of guy who would ditch us the moment he had a flashier job opportunity, but if that’s because he was successful I don’t care.

Jedd Fisch, LA Rams Offensive Analyst

Jedd Fisch is an interesting candidate. The fast rising offensive mind has never held a job long, mostly because he keeps getting promoted. He has worked under Mike Shanahan, Brian Billick, Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Jim Mora, and now Sean McVay. That’s a hell of a list of offensive mentors. Fisch is still young at 42 years old, a good recruiter, and is supposedly well-liked by his players. Some of his main negatives are the lack of longevity anywhere (which may be a positive) and the fact that it’s not very clear how much of the offense he ahs run in any of his stops. Other than UCLA in 2017 and his stint as the Jacksonville Jaguars OC (from which he was fired), he has always coached under a different play-caller. He has a lot of positives.

https://www.ralphiereport.com/color...288/who-is-colorado-footballs-next-head-coach

Back