What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Mora, Jr - ESPN Analyst

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
upload_2018-11-25_15-22-11.jpeg

Organization: ESPN

Current Position: College Football Analyst

Former Positions:
1984Washington (GA)
1985-1988San Diego Chargers (Defensive QC)
1989-1991San Diego Chargers (DB)
1992-1996New Orleans Saints (DB)
1997-1998San Francisco 49ers (DB)
1999-2003San Francisco 49ers (DC)
2004-2006Atlanta Falcons (HC)
2007-2008Seattle Seahawks (AHC/DB)
2009Seattle Seahawks (HC)
2012-2017UCLA (HC)
2018–presentESPN Analyst
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
It'll require some convincing if he is to be the next CU coach. It all starts with recruiting and will he get the same athletes to Boulder as he did in Westwood? If the question is yes, then I might be convinced.

Lived in Boulder as a child while his dad coached at CU. Some indication that he really likes Boulder and the CU job is appealing to him. Insufferable at UCLA and fell off in his last couple seasons there, but maybe...

giphy.gif

Credit where it’s due, this name came up over on BuffStampede in a post from Chase Howell. He offered a bit more insight.

Last edited:
I read the post on 247 and had to laugh.

I am sure he likes Boulder, but he seems to describe a lot of jobs as a "dream job" (sometimes publicly while employed elsewhere). He and his agent aggressively shopped him for openings every offseason at UCLA.

I do not see him as a good fit. Great recruiter, but his teams got progressively worse (especially on offense) over the course of his tenure. The OL situation at UCLA might be in worse shape than ours, which is really saying something.

I read the post on 247 and had to laugh.

I am sure he likes Boulder, but he seems to describe a lot of jobs as a "dream job" (sometimes publicly while employed elsewhere). He and his agent aggressively shopped him for openings every offseason at UCLA.

I do not see him as a good fit. Great recruiter, but his teams got progressively worse (especially on offense) over the course of his tenure. The OL situation at UCLA might be in worse shape than ours, which is really saying something.
The funniest thing was suggesting he was a strict disciplinarian, his team's looked like our first half against Cal as an every week thing.

My first reaction wasn't good.

But I think he might actually be a much better fit in Boulder than he was in LA.

He'd recruit. He has one hell of a coaching tree for hiring a staff. He knows the Pac-12. He does win pretty quickly wherever he goes. His teams were physical at UCLA. Would need to find him an OL Coach, though. That is where things broke down at UCLA.

I actually wouldn't hate this.

I know this won't be a popular opinion.

I agree Nik. He views CU as his dream job and would go all in to build a program his legacy is tied to. He would recruit his ass off.

We didnt like the chippy play against us but we want it more from our team.

My first reaction wasn't good.

But I think he might actually be a much better fit in Boulder than he was in LA.

He'd recruit. He has one hell of a coaching tree for hiring a staff. He knows the Pac-12. He does win pretty quickly wherever he goes. His teams were physical at UCLA. Would need to find him an OL Coach, though. That is where things broke down at UCLA.

I actually wouldn't hate this.

I know this won't be a popular opinion.

I don't hate it, but not sure anyone can really be excited about that pick either.

He seems like an “in your pocket” plan B or C guy who isn’t likely to have lots of suitors we would need to compete for.

He's been making that reference for a while, when he was in Colorado back in June:

I can't remember if the banner is new or not?

no thanks. if the stated goal is to win championships hiring a guy like mora or helfrich who couldn't keep their job in the self-same conference we are trying to win.....doesn't feel like the stated goal.

Back