What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Justin Wilcox -- Cal HC

RiverBuff

Club Member
Club Member
I hadn't seen a bio for him, so I'm starting a thread for him, after I looked at Wiki:

Justin Wilcox
TitleHead coach
TeamCalifornia
ConferencePac-12
Record20–18
BornNovember 12, 1976 (age 43)
Eugene, Oregon
1996–1999Oregon
Position(s)Defensive back
2001–2002Boise State (GA)
2003–2005California (LB)
2006–2009Boise State (DC)
2010–2011Tennessee (DC)
2012–2013Washington (DC)
2014–2015USC (DC)
2016Wisconsin (DC)
2017–presentCalifornia
Overall20–18
Bowls1–1

Head coaching record[edit]
YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffs
California Golden Bears (Pac-12 Conference) (2017–present)
2017California5–72–75th (North)
2018California7–64–55th (North)L Cheez-It
2019California8–54–52nd (North)W Redbox
California:20–1810–17
Total:20–18

Wilcox would have to take a pay cut or make a lateral move. He’s already established there. Doesn’t even have interest at this point. I’m confident he won’t be the guy here. Good idea but not feasible really

Wilcox would have to take a pay cut or make a lateral move. He’s already established there. Doesn’t even have interest at this point. I’m confident he won’t be the guy here. Good idea but not feasible really

Hed get the same offer RG was prepared to pitch to Melvin and his peeps had he got a chance to should be the assumption. Based on what Ive read-that figure was in the neighborhood of $4m.

Well I’ll hope for him. The other candidates other than chev and sark I don’t think I’d be to happy with

He makes more than Mel Tucker did last year
Ftucker was a first time HC so his salary reflected that. Remember also that ADRG was willing to counter meaning there was more money available.

Bettering his salary won't be an issue.

What is Wilcox buyout? If this were too happen, CU has found some booster money to help with the buyouts and assistant salaries. Would be a big time pickup, IMO.

I think all the Wilcox talk is probably the longest of long shots, but could CU somehow find a way to offer him $4M per which I think would put him only behind Shaw in conference? It would be the savviest coaching coup I can think of and probably the only move that leaves us better off than we were a month ago. And to get him for less than MSU paid for Tucker would be the icing.

A move like that would move RG into legend category and would position him to take the Pac12 commissioner job from Scott. Profit!!

I think all the Wilcox talk is probably the longest of long shots, but could CU somehow find a way to offer him $4M per which I think would put him only behind Shaw in conference? It would be the savviest coaching coup I can think of and probably the only move that leaves us better off than we were a month ago. And to get him for less than MSU paid for Tucker would be the icing.

A move like that would move RG into legend category and would position him to take the Pac12 commissioner job from Scott. Profit!!
he already is.

I'm thinking Cal may not vote for him under your scenario.

Wilcox is an excellent coach I wish was at CU already. I think he'd be great here if he wants a change of scenery within the Pac-12.

giphy.gif

Back