What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kroll not seeking reelection!

buff4bcs1985

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm Back!
Club Member

excited champagne GIF

also must include obligatory edge face gif

Excited Crazy Eyes GIF

I’m not up to speed with the board of regents…but it seems like this is that guy that has been part of the no-fun alliance?

kind of coincidental that CUFB is tanking with a coach-only-in-name, and a three-toed sloth speed offense…and all the chips are on that table. Then this guy announces that they’re not going to seek re-election?

Maybe this is the moment that was represented by the strange Buffalo picture moment of FHCMM during his rock-bottom presser…

I’m not up to speed with the board of regents…but it seems like this is that guy that has been part of the no-fun alliance?

kind of coincidental that CUFB is tanking with a coach-only-in-name, and a three-toed sloth speed offense…and all the chips are on that table. Then this guy announces that they’re not going to seek re-election?

Maybe this is the moment that was represented by the strange Buffalo picture moment of FHCMM during his rock-bottom presser…
He has grand-standed on multiple FB head coach contracts: We might be able to cure cancer with this money! While down voting a contract that was going to get approved anyway.

He needed to go.

I'm happy he is gone, but no one should think this related to football. Like many regents, this is just a political stepping stone
Definitely not related to football.

But... You're taking either the most or second most anti-football regent out of the room, and there's an open opportunity to flip that to a pro-football voice and vote.

It's a positive.

It also removes the absurd conflict of interest of having an anti - football regent actually being a university employee - in the admissions department no less. The non athletic department that could single handedly make the biggest difference in recruiting had an unfireable employee who was vocally anti - football.

This is good, even if he's just moving on.

I'm happy he is gone, but no one should think this related to football. Like many regents, this is just a political stepping stone
I don't know whether to hope he wins a campaign for another office to get him out of CU or to be a good citizen and hope his political career dies in a fire.

Lucky Vidmar moved to Seattle, unfortunately. Perfect candidate for that district. Pro athletics, still moves the needle on the rest of the BoR tasks.

This is what scares me.

I want him gone from the regents because I care about CU, and not just athletics. I believe that the flagship university of a state can have a major impact on the quality of life in that state and of it's citizens. The entire CU system has in my view stagnated and the regents have not provided the leadership to move it forward.

Kroll didn't run for regent because he had a driving desire to make CU a better institution. He ran because it was a way to get his name on a ballot for a state government elected office.

At some point in the future we will see him running for the state legislature or even higher office. Something where he can do even more damage in trying to advance his political aspirations.

People like him are easily marginalized when they are part of a governing body that consists of more than 9 elected officials. I wouldn’t worry about him running for something else.

I should remind you that Heidi Granahl (sp?) is also not seeking re-election. So whoever replaces her needs to have her same general outlook.

Back